Frank Clark "Richard Sherman and his era is over here"

iigakusei

Reaction score
Yes I was thinking Baldwin. Earl is long gone so didnt think about him.

Donn2390

Reaction score
Seymour":1wnt9okb said:
iigakusei":1wnt9okb said:
Addition by subtraction.
I think that unfortunately there is one more malcontent that needs to go before the purge is complete.

Has to be Earl?

He is as good as gone anyway.
My guess would be Baldwin. His heart seems to be with those who have departed. Probably his last year here unless his attitude makes a major change.
Still playing well, but obviously wearing out. . Physically it might be his last year here, also. Lots of injuries lately, age and the injuries are catching up..

Natethegreat

Reaction score
I think it's a high likelyhood Baldwin will be gone soon as well. Maybe not next year but I don't think he will be ending his career here.

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
Baldwin is not a locker room problem IMO. Yes, he still is opinionated and has a big mouth at times, but he is a team player IMO. This surprises me. Baldwin even shoved Cable away in one sideline episode that he was letting Russ have his say with the Oline last year. He surely doesn't hate Russell like Sherman either.

Is this all because of the "really shitty thing to do" comment about letting Sherman go?

It kind of was, but that doesn't mean it didn't have to happen either.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seymour":t7ks6o52 said:
Baldwin is not a locker room problem IMO. Yes, he still is opinionated and has a big mouth at times, but he is a team player IMO. This surprises me. Baldwin even shoved Cable away in one sideline episode that he was letting Russ have his say with the Oline last year. He surely doesn't hate Russell like Sherman either.

Baldwin does seem different this year, and it's not just because he's frustrated with his injury.

He kinda has that distant "I know I'm not getting a new contract so I'm gonna be standoffish and petulant" demeanor going on........what with agreeing with Richard two weeks ago, etc.

Everyone else is 100% in, and Doug doesn't seem like he is right now.

Not that he's affecting the team, he's still conducting himself professionally. But IMO he's not all in either, because again I think there's some underlying thing going on with his tenure here coming to an end.

iigakusei

Reaction score
Seymour":r2vnonle said:

Is this all because of the "really shitty thing to do" comment about letting Sherman go?

It kind of was, but that doesn't mean it didn't have to happen either.
I think he will be quick to dump on RW once he is gone too. Just my opinion of course. Anyway a discussion for the offseason I guess. Hopefully Doug is back close to 100% for the playoffs because we are going to need him.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Good for Frank. Players need to do what they need to do to get paid.
Organizations need to do what they need to do to remain competitive year after year.
There is plenty of money to go around in the NFL. Plenty.
Cousins got his. Sherman got his. Frank will get his. Either here or somewhere else.
Players just need to invest wisely and know their time is limited.
Doug got paid.

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2qvh230s said:
Seymour":2qvh230s said:

Baldwin does seem different this year, and it's not just because he's frustrated with his injury.

He kinda has that distant "I know I'm not getting a new contract so I'm gonna be standoffish and petulant" demeanor going on........what with agreeing with Richard two weeks ago, etc.

Not that he's affecting the team, he's still conducting himself professionally. But IMO he's not all in either, because again I think there's some underlying thing going on with his tenure here coming to an end.

Damn....pretty surprised to see you on that side here? Could be I suppose, but he is only in year 2 of a 4 year deal. He doesn't need a contract right now anyway.

Baldwin and Sherm go clear back to college together, so I have no issue with his comment. It really was a shitting thing to do and we could use Sherman. That does NOT mean it wasn't necessary though. I think Baldwin was talking about what Sherm did for the team and the injury side being shitty to let go then.

I'll take it 1 step further. I bet Schnieder and Pete would admit it was a shitty thing to do. But it's part if their job and was necessary.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seymour":334dl6rv said:
Sgt. Largent":334dl6rv said:
Seymour":334dl6rv said:

Damn....pretty surprised to see you on that side here? Could be I suppose, but he is only in year 2 of a 4 year deal. He doesn't need a contract right now anyway.

Baldwin and Sherm go clear back to college together, so I have no issue with his comment. It really was a shitting thing to do and we could use Sherman. That does NOT mean it wasn't necessary though. I think Baldwin was talking about what Sherm did for the team and the injury side being shitty to let go then.

I'll take it 1 step further. I bet Schnieder and Pete would admit it was a shitty thing to do. But it's part if their job and was necessary.

Right, year three of four year deal is "renegotiation time" in the NFL, it's when you have one year left and you want to know if you're going to get a new deal...........and I think Doug knows he's not going to get a 3rd contract. Or hell, might even get cut after next year if he continues to have these nagging injuries. His cap hit is 10M in 2020.

But like I said, I don't think he's being a pain in the ass like Sherman and Bennett were last year that helped expedite their departures. But he also doesn't look like he's all in, that's all I'm saying.

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2lprbsbo said:
Right, year three of four year deal is "renegotiation time" in the NFL, it's when you have one year left and you want to know if you're going to get a new deal...........and I think Doug knows he's not going to get a 3rd contract. Or hell, might even get cut after next year if he continues to have these nagging injuries. His cap hit is 10M in 2020.

But like I said, I don't think he's being a pain in the ass like Sherman and Bennett were last year that helped expedite their departures. But he also doesn't look like he's all in, that's all I'm saying.

To me, "not all in" means you are talking shit about your teammates or coaches to the point it is causing tension and or problems for the team. I just don't see that with Baldwin...but I do wonder about Doug at times I must admit.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seymour":d5o5985k said:
Sgt. Largent":d5o5985k said:

To me, "not all in" means you are talking shit about your teammates or coaches to the point it is causing tension and or problems for the team. I just don't see that with Baldwin...but I do wonder about Doug at times I must admit.

Not all in to me is looking like this last night.

DuHcR VWkAEp31E

To be fair, Doug pretty much looks like this all the time............but he wasn't exactly running up and down the sidelines celebrating with his teammates during and after the game.

Just more pensive and solemn than usual. Could just be he's bummed that he's not playing, but IMO it's more than that.

We'll see. What I do know is we need him, so I'm just fine with resting his ass for another week or two so he's as healthy as he can be going into the playoffs. No need to keep rushing him back early with both knee and now a groin issue.

SeaWolv

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3cztxpvz said:
Seymour":3cztxpvz said:
Sgt. Largent":3cztxpvz said:

DuHcR VWkAEp31E

To be fair, Doug pretty much looks like this all the time............but he wasn't exactly running up and down the sidelines celebrating with his teammates during and after the game.

Just more pensive and solemn than usual. Could just be he's bummed that he's not playing, but IMO it's more than that.

We'll see. What I do know is we need him, so I'm just fine with resting his ass for another week or two so he's as healthy as he can be going into the playoffs. No need to keep rushing him back early with both knee and now a groin issue.

I remember seeing that look last night and thinking damn who pissed in his Wheaties?? Clearly not a happy camper. Not the look of a team guy. He's a great player, I'd hate to see him go but if he's causing problems in the locker room then he has to go. I'll never forget how he almost single-handedly won the 2013-2014 NFCCG for us.

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
LMAO. I do not like sticking up for Doug, the dude has pissed me off several times with his childish antics....but dude! One picture or "that look" means not all in? Come on!!

Why do you think he was named Angry Doug?

This is his core character, not something new after "the pick".

Nothing to see there.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Doug will be 31 years old at the start of the season next year, and will be have a $13million cap hit next season. Would not surprise me at all if '19 is his last season here.

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
More on the play recovery and our future from Wagner and a better article on the topic....

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports...ts-lingering-from-their-2015-super-bowl-loss/

“You try to let them know you don’t have to be the dudes that used to be here,’’ Wagner said. “You don’t have to be like Sherm, don’t have to be like Kam. Those are amazing players, once-in-a-lifetime players. You don’t have to do that. Just go out and do your job. You don’t have to be anyone else. Guys are going out there and having fun and being themselves........
“We had a lot of doubters coming into this season, and we wanted to go out and prove everybody wrong, prove we had the talent, had the leadership, we had the players to make plays,’’ Wagner said. “That’s what we’re doing. We’re growing each game, getting better each game, and that’s really all you want to do. You want to be the hot team toward the end of the season, and I feel that’s what we’re doing.

“We want to be the team that finishes well. You don’t want to be the team that starts hot and cools off at the end. You want to be a team that’s consistent throughout the season and just turns it up at the end of the season.”

JGreen79

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1gba2gsw said:
Seymour":1gba2gsw said:
Sgt. Largent":1gba2gsw said:

DuHcR VWkAEp31E

The way I look ay it is... If he's not all in there why is he up standing next to the OC? He's a huge competitor, has been injured all year, the offense was garbage last night, and like Seymour said he's ADB for a reason.

lobohawk

Reaction score
JGreen79":3cjnrxwj said:
Sgt. Largent":3cjnrxwj said:
Seymour":3cjnrxwj said:
Sgt. Largent":3cjnrxwj said:

DuHcR VWkAEp31E

The way I look ay it is... If he's not all in there why is he up standing next to the OC? He's a huge competitor, has been injured all year, the offense was garbage last night, and like Seymour said he's ADB for a reason.

As fans, we really need to refrain inferring so much from so little. I know it's in our nature, but w/out being in the locker room we gotta be careful about assuming too much.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":c1cp8e33 said:
Seymour":c1cp8e33 said:
Sgt. Largent":c1cp8e33 said:

DuHcR VWkAEp31E

And if he's seen smiling with the way the offense was playing last night, he'd be accused of not caring.

AgentDib

Reaction score
I think you guys couldn't be more wrong on Baldwin. Listen to his press conferences over the years and he's consistently been a unifier rather than a divider. He's had Russ's back at every single moment while also trying to maintain relationships with the defense. There's a reason that he's still here at age 30 after the house cleaning last off-season and it's because he's a great locker room presence and a strong leader. Him maintaining a relationship with Sherman just shows that he is genuine and not a phony.

Regarding his demeanor last night? Of course he was upset that the passing offense wasn't working last night while he was unable to play. He's a competitor and he wasn't able to help the team.

Show me one time when Baldwin has ever talked about money, passing more instead of running, or getting more targets. He's always minimized stats and preached that the goal is to win.

Chapow

Reaction score
Seanhawk":31vlig76 said:
Sgt. Largent":31vlig76 said:
Seymour":31vlig76 said:
Sgt. Largent":31vlig76 said:

DuHcR VWkAEp31E

And if he's seen smiling with the way the offense was playing last night, he'd be accused of not caring.

Yep. Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

At that point it was 3-0 in the 4th quarter. I'm guessing he wasn't terribly enthused with our offensive performance to that point. I don't think many people were. Rushing yards are great and all, but at some point you gotta start scoring some points.