Frank Clark

Mike 4G

Reaction score
I honestly can't remember the last time I have seen many rooks as impressive for this team during preseason. Russell,Bobb come to mind. Any in the non Pete era you remember having this kind of impact? Holmgren for as much as I loved him always seemed to go away from youth in favor of vets. What a special time we live in. I don't know if we truly won't know what we had until many years from now.

Go Hawks!

Mike 4G

Reaction score
I really like what Marsh is doing. Our Front 7 is gonna be amazing.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Feels good having 2 rookies we can argue about as who is more impressive so far. Pretty lucky to be in this position and can't wait to see what they bring this year.

Mike 4G

Reaction score
austinslater25":370741p5 said:
Feels good having 2 rookies we can argue about as who is more impressive so far. Pretty lucky to be in this position and can't wait to see what they bring this year.
+1

Mick063

Reaction score
Seattle front seven is downright beastly.

The shiny object, the LOB, has the national pundits distracted. It is the group up front that is going to suffocate the league.

As for Frank Clark, I don't recall any Seattle rookie defensive lineman showing so well. Honestly, you have to go back to Cortez Kennedy to find a rookie defensive lineman that made such an immediate splash. This from a follower since 1976 expansion.

dino26

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":1jx0gpu0 said:
olyfan63":1jx0gpu0 said:
Hmm... don't we already have at least one primary Frank Clark thread?
The guy is a bum, he'll probably never get more than 15 or 20 sacks in a season.
His run defense is suspect too; opposing running backs are averaging over 1 yard per carry with FC in the lineup.
We do but it's more a game day thread. By the way Frank is going to be fighting NoE for rookie of the year. Damn are we spoiled or not?

Exactly what I was thinking when watching him

Alexander

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":1zqzeryt said:
olyfan63":1zqzeryt said:
The guy is a bum, he'll probably never get more than 15 or 20 sacks in a season.
His run defense is suspect too; opposing running backs are averaging over 1 yard per carry with FC in the lineup.
We do but it's more a game day thread. By the way Frank is going to be fighting NoE for rookie of the year. Damn are we spoiled or not?

Good thing there are separate awards for offense and defense! Voters won't have to choose between them.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":25ivqob4 said:
olyfan63":25ivqob4 said:

There was an article that came out explaining why it's unlikely he will get DROY.

I can't find the article again, but they contend, that these type of rookies have red flag histories, including Shane Ray and a few others for their off field conduct that do not meet the high quality standards by the NFL.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/seahawks-- ... soc_trk=ma

found it.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Bobblehead":13reheu3 said:
There was an article that came out explaining why he won't get DROY.

I can't find the article again, but they contend, that these type of rookies are red flagged by the NFL, including Shane Ray and a few others for their off field conduct that do not meet the high quality standards by the NFL.

I get what you're saying but watching RG3 play has been murder and he got ROY.

Seriously, what high standards?

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Laloosh":vjwpagaq said:
Bobblehead":vjwpagaq said:
There was an article that came out explaining why he won't get DROY.

I can't find the article again, but they contend, that these type of rookies are red flagged by the NFL, including Shane Ray and a few others for their off field conduct that do not meet the high quality standards by the NFL.

I get what you're saying but watching RG3 play has been murder and he got ROY.

Seriously, what high standards?

Yeah, right?

CPHawk

Reaction score
I can tell you one thing he did, and that's take away any shot Bennett has at getting a raise. If he try's to hold out ever, it will just be a see ya type of deal.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
It was interesting that Carroll mentioned that they have still not carved out a role for him.

My initial thought was to start him at the three technique in the base defense, getting Rubin off the field, but Carroll mentioned before that he was playing the least well there.

You could play him in the nickel package, but that takes Irvin or Hill off the field.

You could use him as a backup to Bennett or Avril, but that takes reps away from the two best pass rushers.

It's a good "problem" to have.

Mick063

Reaction score
hawknation2015":2v56m2f6 said:
It was interesting that Carroll mentioned that they have still not carved out a role for him.

My initial thought was to start him at the three technique in the base defense, getting Rubin off the field, but Carroll mentioned before that he was playing the least well there.

You could play him in the nickel package, but that takes Irvin or Hill off the field.

You could use him as a backup to Bennett or Avril, but that takes reps away from the two best pass rushers.

People who think that Clark is the demise of Bennett have it all wrong.

Clark is the end of Irvin. As expected. Irvin was not extended and Clark was Seattle's first choice. In the Raider game, from what position did Clark's strip sack cause the touchdown? That would be LEO.......Irvin's position, not Bennett's position.

Irvin is a goner and it was planned a long time ago.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Mick063":1ydm1ss1 said:
hawknation2015":1ydm1ss1 said:

People who think that Clark is the demise of Bennett have it all wrong.

Clark is the end of Irvin. As expected. Irvin was not extended and Clark was Seattle's first choice. In the Raider game, from what position did Clark's strip sack cause the touchdown? That would be LEO.......Irvin's position, not Bennett's position.

Irvin is a goner and it was planned a long time ago.

If he's only playing nickel, then you are not really using his best attribute: his dominant run stopping ability. I would like to see him get a shot at the three technique in the base defense. Rubin has not impressed me.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
hawknation2015":25ufn9zt said:

Put him in Irvin's spot at LB, what the hell.
Trade Irvin to Atlanta, he won't be missed.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Mike 4G":3eullsep said:
I honestly can't remember the last time I have seen many rooks as impressive for this team during preseason. Russell,Bobb come to mind. Any in the non Pete era you remember having this kind of impact? Holmgren for as much as I loved him always seemed to go away from youth in favor of vets. What a special time we live in. I don't know if we truly won't know what we had until many years from now.

Go Hawks!

Pre-Carroll era, Nick Reed was a preseason hero. Michael Bennett was a beast in his rookie preseason too—nine tackles, two sacks, five QB hurries, a tipped pass and a fumble recovery (still can't believe Ruskell cut him).

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Bobblehead":zqezqe1g said:
hawknation2015":zqezqe1g said:

Put him in Irvin's spot at LB, what the hell.
Trade Irvin to Atlanta, he won't be missed.

That would be a huge transition for him to SLB, developing coverage skills, and again, I'm not sure it would be the best utilization of his strengths.

AF_Hawk

Reaction score
austinslater25":3ohxmqgf said:
:13: