Free Agency Thread

Rat

Reaction score
Jimmy G 3 years/$67 million with $34 million guaranteed. Come on, Raiders. Now trade up to 3 for Richardson. The timeline is perfect.

Last edited:

Lagartixa

Reaction score
The Hawks couldn't afford to pay a guy 84 mil over 4 years. But, magically the Niners can. Hmmmmm

If you have an accusation to make, make it explicitly. You keep implying the 49ers are cheating on the cap. Overthecap.com has all the information you need on the current contract situation of every player on the 49ers roster. If you've spotted something suspicious in those numbers, please share it with us.

Spoiler: there's nothing suspicious in the numbers.

OP
OP
S

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Not trying to argue man, just saying it's interesting how they have room.
I don't give 2 shits about the 49ers. I'm here to talk about free agency. Dear God man, can we just talk about free agency w/out creating some type of argument?
I have a right to my opinion that it seems odd that they have room for the guy. Oh the horror. Don't like my opinion, oh well. It's a message board. Suck it up.

bileever

Reaction score
I like Hargrave, but that's a lot of money, even more than what was projected that he would get. I don't think I'd be happy if the Seahawks decided to pay that much for a 30 year old interior lineman, who isn't universally considered to be in the top 10 for his position.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
Fire Pete and John. This is Unacceptable. They're going to sit back and play it cute like always, then wonder why we're giving up tons of points in September.

Calm down and read this.

And this.

The first day of free agency is a huge day for winner's-curse contracts. Carroll and Schneider know what the team needs. Based on what they've said in the last couple of weeks, they agree with most people here that the defensive front 7 needs an overhaul. But rather than getting upset with them for not getting into a bidding war over players who are getting deals in the first hours of free agency, we should be glad they're not falling into emotional decisions. Take a look at that graph up near the top of the Wikipedia article.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
This team needs more than one DT so not getting involved in an 84m contract isn't the biggest loss in the world when you have 4 picks in the first two rounds.

I wouldn't mind seeing what it would take to get Eckeler from the Chargers. dude would kick ass in our offense.

Own The West

Reaction score
Seems to be a lot of rumors we are pushing for Greg Gaines. I think he's solid enough but not exactly elite or anything. Loved him at UW
It makes sense to get add depth players like Gaines. We may wind up with Calais Campbell too since they've loved him for a decade and he's in the "rotational player" phase of his career.

Seattle's always been about bargains in FA. So we'll have to see who gets snatched up/paid a premium in the first week here, then look for who we can use. We generally trade for marquee players, so I don't see Zach Allen or Dremont Jones coming here either.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Calm down and read this.

And this.

The first day of free agency is a huge day for winner's-curse contracts. Carroll and Schneider know what the team needs. Based on what they've said in the last couple of weeks, they agree with most people here that the defensive front 7 needs an overhaul. But rather than getting upset with them for not getting into a bidding war over players who are getting deals in the first hours of free agency, we should be glad they're not falling into emotional decisions. Take a look at that graph up near the top of the Wikipedia article.
I appreciate your efforts to calm Jerhawk down.

But I'm still upset. We have a huge talent gap between the 49ers, and that gap got wider today. I'm not necessarily saying we should've, or even could've given Hargrave that contract. But they haven't done anything! They need to hit big on another D Tackle today, or I'm going to be very sad

Own The West

Reaction score
I like Hargrave, but that's a lot of money, even more than what was projected that he would get. I don't think I'd be happy if the Seahawks decided to pay that much for a 30 year old interior lineman, who isn't universally considered to be in the top 10 for his position.
PCJS have also said they have learned not to bring in a FA as the highest paid defender. It upsets the team chemistry and causes more problems than it solves.

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
It
If you have an accusation to make, make it explicitly. You keep implying the 49ers are cheating on the cap. Overthecap.com has all the information you need on the current contract situation of every player on the 49ers roster. If you've spotted something suspicious in those numbers, please share it with us.

Spoiler: there's nothing suspicious in the numbers.
depends on how far you want to kick the can down the road. The Hawks like to keep the can at their feet