Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/BradyHenderson/status/1239803898136629251[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Curtis_Crabtree/status/1239800781215129600[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/LWillson_82/status/1239800813922312192[/tweet]

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
John63":2fpp2wam said:
Appyhawk":2fpp2wam said:
We won free agency in 2013 when we signed Avril and Bennett for cheap. That year turned out pretty good.

So wait because we supposedly won the 2013 FA we should be good. Something that happened 7 years ago and not repeated since is what we should be happy about? wow so in the 9 years under PC we do well in FA once and that is something to look forward to. My how we have fallen.

Ugh.

There is an entire roster to fill here. There are several positions that need depth, and there's a very large free agent that they'd almost certainly like to retain in Clowney. They've already re-signed Reed and retained a lot of guys from 2019.

Stop mistaking a lack of splashy free agent overpayment for a degradation in quality of the team. That money can be used much more intelligently than by trading away picks for very expensive players just because.

Now, maybe if they strike out on Clowney, they sign a few dudes. But, again, there is an entire roster to flesh out here.

AlciG

Reaction score
Anybody else laughing at BoB?

Compare what he got back for Hopkins to what Vikings got for Diggs :)

John63

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1j8qv75l said:
John63":1j8qv75l said:
Appyhawk":1j8qv75l said:
We won free agency in 2013 when we signed Avril and Bennett for cheap. That year turned out pretty good.

So wait because we supposedly won the 2013 FA we should be good. Something that happened 7 years ago and not repeated since is what we should be happy about? wow so in the 9 years under PC we do well in FA once and that is something to look forward to. My how we have fallen.

I read his comment as winning the FA can be a good thing for teams

It is and unread it has something we have done but once in 7 years

John63

Reaction score
jammerhawk":sdra3j9b said:
John

It's very early and the main piece of our 2020 FA Clowney is still in play.

So far what has NE done, or KC?

Often the best FA deals are the ones you don't make.

Who knows what deals are close or they just missed on?

All true but does not change the fact we have done virtually nothing. Fyi KC just won an SB we did but. NE has. QB issue we so not.

As to the beat moves are often those you dont make, hmm when you have wholes on your team like we do you need FA to get better. Often times the worst FA moves are not doing anything when you have holes.

John63

Reaction score
Wenhawk":2kkzxpkg said:
Name the last Super Bowl winner that pulled in a big name Free Agent (Top 5) that year?

2019 KC - Nope
2018 NE - Nope
2017 PHI - Nope
2016 NE - Nope
2015 DEN - Nope
2014 NE - Nope
You can keep going but you can't really buy a Super Bowl. many of these top flight Free Agenet end up never living up to the expectations and become a detriment to their team.

Ahh they are all SB winners we are not. FyI KC took our best defensive lineman in last years FA and just won the SB. So the point you are trying to make just made my point

John63

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":2nmi9c8a said:
John63":2nmi9c8a said:
Appyhawk":2nmi9c8a said:

Ugh.

There is an entire roster to fill here. There are several positions that need depth, and there's a very large free agent that they'd almost certainly like to retain in Clowney. They've already re-signed Reed and retained a lot of guys from 2019.

Stop mistaking a lack of splashy free agent overpayment for a degradation in quality of the team. That money can be used much more intelligently than by trading away picks for very expensive players just because. ⁸

Now, maybe if they strike out on Clowney, they sign a few dudes. But, again, there is an entire roster to flesh out here.

It's not about splashynits about anything outside of our own which last year was not enough to get us to the SB which is the goal. We got Olson to be one of 5 TEs meanwhile we need d line, o line, cb, safety etc.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
This place is moronic at times, no wonder its dying on its arse.

TwilightError

Reaction score
The Hawks always wait until day 3, or late day 2, of the FA. No reason to board the hype train.

I wonder if Desmond Trufant is on their radar now that he was cut by the Falcons?

Uncle Si

Reaction score
I'm getting the feeling Clowney knows where he is going already. With no travel, and no wine/dine options, it seems likely he's had his meetings.

I think that chip falls soon..

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
John63":3dn2zixw said:
Maelstrom787":3dn2zixw said:
John63":3dn2zixw said:
Appyhawk":3dn2zixw said:

Ugh.

Stop mistaking a lack of splashy free agent overpayment for a degradation in quality of the team. That money can be used much more intelligently than by trading away picks for very expensive players just because. ⁸

It's not about splashynits about anything outside of our own which last year was not enough to get us to the SB which is the goal. We got Olson to be one of 5 TEs meanwhile we need d line, o line, cb, safety etc.

Dude, that's total crap. This whole free agent stuff has barely even started, and we have an entire upcoming draft. There are a bunch of spots to fill, and safety isn't even really a need to be honest.

Again, this is barely even the first wave. There will be more signings to fill the roster.

Hendo66

Reaction score
Another solid signing by AZ. Jordan Phillips
A lot of the FA pass rushers are gone. Sure hope they have something cooking.

A-Dog

Reaction score
King Dog":2k5ojzrw said:
Crap. Bears signing Robert Quinn
Yeah this really sucks. He was the guy (aside from Clowney) I wanted to get. Fowler scares me with his off-the field issues and his contract year "breakout" season. Ngkaoue means giving up picks AND a huge salary which I'm not a fan of, plus he lacks the athleticism we want in a Leo. Same applies to Shaq Barrett.

Options starting to dry up. Looking more like Everson Griffen... he's getting up there in age but probably is the safest bet of the FA options to be at least a solid addition to the pass rush in the short term.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Not for what they paid. I like Quinn a lot, but 5 years, 70 mil??? Also, he turns 30 in May.
No way would I want the Hawks to commit that much $ and years to him. Plus, he played 8 games in 2015 and 9 games in 2016.