Free Agent Signings For 2019

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
kobebryant":3lnvxr4l said:
UK_Seahawk":3lnvxr4l said:
James in PA":3lnvxr4l said:
Looks like we’ll be bargain hunting again this year in free agency.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think the lack of comp picks has given the fo pause for thought. Would not be shocked if we signed noone before the deadline.

Which deadline?
Not a deadline as such but there is a day when free agents signed don't count towards comp picks. I forget when this is.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":20kgjusu said:
Uncle Si":20kgjusu said:
SoulfishHawk":20kgjusu said:
T Sizzle is going to sign with Arizona.
Mike Davis to the Bears.

Who is T Sizzle

Not a ballers fan then? Terrell Suggs.

I saw the first episode...

Terrell Suggs going home, sort of (ASU). Kinda cool.

knownone

Reaction score
getnasty":3f6oxgh4 said:
Has Seattle been linked to anybody? I know the usually 2nd amd 3rd tier shoppers but i havent even heard a name yet.
We’ve been tentatively linked to Suh and that’s about it so far. I’m sure they are chasing a couple of guys, our front office just doesn’t leak stuff to the media.

chris98251

Reaction score
We rarely jump into over pay .com in the first wave, in fact we even pass on the second wave a lot, we wait for the market to exasperate itself to where deals become more reasonable or we take guys that come of injuries and have question marks.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
You'll notice how most of the playoff teams have not signed big name free agents yet. Some teams do it right, others overpay immediately.

King Dog

Reaction score
I think even the Packers are on their 3rd signing. All right, looking for some Seahawks FA rumors. Any rumors wiil be fine. Give me something here besides Joey Hunt.

Osprey

Reaction score
King Dog":22fd2jgy said:
I think even the Packers are on their 3rd signing. All right, looking for some Seahawks FA rumors. Any rumors wiil be fine. Give me something here besides Joey Hunt.

Although the Packers have been traditional slow rollers in FA, don't be surprised they jumped in earlier this year. New coach, aging frustrated QB, and (believe it or not) a fan base that is getting impatient for results. I work with a couple die hard Pack fans and the rising angst is evident.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
710 ESPN said this morning that other than tendering offers to a few guys, they are rumored to be interested in Suh again.

toffee

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1mqpbfk3 said:
710 ESPN said this morning that other than tendering offers to a few guys, they are rumored to be interested in Suh again.

How much juice has 32 years old Suh left in his tank?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Sounds like he was ok during the season and was incredible in the playoffs. I doubt they can afford him, but I wouldn't have a problem seeing that guy on our line.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Let's take a look at all the teams that are handing out crazy Monopoly free agent money so far.

Teams who signed a Free Agent today (3/11):
-Redskins
-Lions
-Titans
-49ers
-Jaguars
-Bills
-Raiders
-Cardinals
-Jets

See a pattern? It's all the same terrible teams that overspend every year, and suck every year.

Everyone goes nuts when our team isn't in the mix for this first wave or two of insane free agent overspending. All it tells you is these are the same teams that can't draft and develop their own players, or have the scouts and talent evaluation to find good value in free agency.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yep, VERY little action from the 2017 playoff teams. 2nd wave is way better, and a lot of these teams are spending to just spend. Most of the contracts will likely bite them in the ass. No different than some of the contracts our Hawks have signed over the years. It happens. Although, they had no way of knowing that Cliff and Kam would have fluke injuries. They had no way of knowing that Earl would break his leg twice etc.

chris98251

Reaction score
Packers don't have Thompson as GM anymore and are doing a lot of face saving due to new coach and problems there, this sets up the crash and burn scenario.

Jville

Reaction score
It's early in the free agent process ........................ [tweet]https://twitter.com/RobertKlemko/status/1105475514406338560[/tweet]

Jville

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":316skln5 said:
Really interesting. Shoot, Detroit and the Jets both added a ton of talent yesterday.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... -with-jets

Interesting

Wouldn't the operative words be bought a lot of talent?

[tweet]https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1105511456135675906[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1105514195582402561[/tweet]

Chapow

Reaction score
Jville":msycvh46 said:
SoulfishHawk":msycvh46 said:
Really interesting. Shoot, Detroit and the Jets both added a ton of talent yesterday.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... -with-jets

Interesting

Wouldn't the operative words be bought a lot of talent?

Acquired a lot of talent, added a lot of talent, signed a lot of talent, bought a lot of talent... what's the difference?

Free agency and the draft are the two primary ways NFL teams can acquire players.

Seems like you're trying to put some sort of negative spin on signing free agents?