Trade up for Levis

warden

Reaction score
It would not cost very much at this point to trade up six spots to grab Levi’s.

We are about four million over the cap and need to fix that before June. Draft Levi’s and cut Lock solves that problem

We have the luxury to take the time to develop him.

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
If we'd have wanted Levis , we had two chances. Clearly they don't.

Harder to call with Hooker, being as he was written off as a first rounder. Don't forget Haener, McKee and Tune are still on the board, and potentially could start someday.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
If QB is such an important position, we're already past the place where you grab a guy you think will lead the franchise. The value won't be there until day 3.

OP
OP
W

warden

Reaction score
What is the fixation with QBs on this board for this year's draft??? I don't understand it.
Not a fixation with drafting a QB from me. As much as I know we need DL help, my focus in this draft is best player available. Levi’s is that. You take what is there over what you need to have a successful draft.

knownone

Reaction score
Some weird takes in this thread.

If they like Levis, they should take him.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Need-based drafting becomes more significant in later rounds. We do not need a QB. Taking the best player available who also plays a certain position of need can both be accomplished now. If the Hawks FO do not take a QB, I wonder what you all will accuse them of...

CactusJack

Reaction score
Nope. Prefer Hooker.

I think we end up going OL/DL in Round 2. Schmitz could be the pick.

OP
OP
W

warden

Reaction score
Need-based drafting becomes more significant in later rounds. We do not need a QB. Taking the best player available who also plays a certain position of need can both be accomplished now. If the Hawks FO do not take a QB, I wonder what you all will accuse them of...
I will accuse them of nothing. Believe it or not, I am not a must take a QB guy what so ever. Exploring options is what I am doing

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
But what a waste of a pick to skip the good talent at many other positions in the 30s and instead take someone who needs to be better at this position to warrant drafting at all.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Hawks may indeed draft a QB this year. But if there are other needs--and JS has said in his presser that he recognizes DLine needs--why take a QB today, and especially, why give up even more draft capital to do so?

OP
OP
W

warden

Reaction score
Hawks may indeed draft a QB this year. But if there are other needs--and JS has said in his presser that he recognizes DLine needs--why take a QB today, and especially, why give up even more draft capital to do so?
Our biggest need is a nose tackle