Trade up for Levis

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Understanding that if we don’t take a QB and plan to stick with Geno for 3 years means our team will be gutted next year due to the Cap.
Because the draft is the only place to get a QB at a reasonable price... yes?

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
We got Geno that way. It's possible that Lock--developing with Geno--has more upside than Levis at the professional level.

Contracts can also be re-worked, cap may be raised, etc. This is not a single-option fix. Too many priorities over QB right now.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Beyond me as well. Here I am sifting through the available D Line talent seeing a lot of great options for us.
QB is kind of an important position. And the dudes at the top this year have crazy skills. I have no issue with people not feeling it this year as to the QBs, but acting mystified about other people feeling that way is silly and often comes across as deeply self righteous.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Maybe we do
What is the fixation with QBs on this board for this year's draft??? I don't understand it.

Because there are/were quite a few good options?

And because Geno's contract is clearly structured in a way that demonstrates Seattle plans on replacing him in the near future....

So where's that QB coming from?

HawksNation

Reaction score
Maybe we do

And because Geno's contract is clearly structured in a way that demonstrates Seattle plans on replacing him in the near future....

UDFA 😭

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
There's the problem, though; it's debatable whether the QBs left are good enough to draft, especially over other positions that can use better depth at this point in the drat.

Are you convinced that any of the draftees are better than Lock? You haven't seen him play in over a year and he may have grown under Geno.

PC and JS know what they have now, and how to find QBs. I doubt a day-two QB will be picked. But wouldn't be surprised by a 5th-7th rounder.

BullHawk33

Reaction score
I'm concerned about QB more than most positions. Geno ranked 9 last year and I was very happy for him. I do think he could be good for us for a few years. What would be better is to have a QB in the backup that could benefit from Geno's perspective. A 2nd QB taken off the board in a draft, starter, injured, and then had to fight his way back onto rosters. His attitude could help the right person, especially someone who could benefit from learning the NFL game.

If we can get the right type of QB in the 2 - 3rd round, that might be good. It all depends on the person though because we won't be getting any non-developmental QBs through the draft for the next few years. This year was our best chance at a high draft pick and Geno is good enough to keep us picking later than 16 for the next 2 years or so.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
QB is kind of an important position. And the dudes at the top this year have crazy skills. I have no issue with people not feeling it this year as to the QBs, but acting mystified about other people feeling that way is silly and often comes across as deeply self righteous.
Deeply self righteous? You have got to be kidding me. 😂😂😂😂😂

Jegpeg

Reaction score
Maybe we do

Geno's contract is structured so that they can replace him in the near future if he goes backto old Geno.
If he lands us a Lombardi his cap hit will be big but a lot less than Hurts or Jackson and it wo7ld be a brave coach that cuts him rather than frees up cap space elsewhere.
We do need a plan in case Geno's performance this year means we do need to cut him, that might be Locke, it might be Hooker, or even a QB we get on day 3. IF things go really badly this year we would have a high draft pick to get a highly rated rookie but I am not keen on relying on that and if we finish 8/9 on the back of a poor Geno and a decent rest of the team we will be struggling to get a high draft pick.

Torc

Reaction score
Hey, this franchise has had better luck with UDFAs than high picks.....Zorn, Krieg, Kitna......

Our two super bowl QBs were a 6th and a 3rd rounder.

Our first round QBs were Stouffer, Mirer, McGwire.

Geno was a second rounder for the Jets.

I don't know what makes you think you have to pick QBs in the first round to get a good one. Seahawks history does not bear that out.