Future power ranks

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":3leaeap0 said:
The Rams ain't shit. The 9ers ain't shit. the Cards ain't shit.

You guys need to stop being concerned about the other three teams in our division. They ain't shit compared to us.

We finished one game ahead of the Niners, and needed an unbelievable play from Sherman in the NFC Championship game to beat them, so I wouldn't qualify the Niners as "shit."

Do I think we're still the class of the division? Yes, but it's not like the AFC East with the Pats and a bunch of jokes. This division is nasty, very nasty.

sutz

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1quf49sk said:
peachesenregalia":1quf49sk said:

You guys need to stop being concerned about the other three teams in our division. They ain't shit compared to us.

We finished one game ahead of the Niners, and needed an unbelievable play from Sherman in the NFC Championship game to beat them, so I wouldn't qualify the Niners as "shit."

Do I think we're still the class of the division? Yes, but it's not like the AFC East with the Pats and a bunch of jokes. This division is nasty, very nasty.
It's conceivable that all four teams end up with winning records, especially against the AFC West. No way the Seahawks could "slow down" even if that phrase was in their vocabulary.

Would I base key personnel decisions solely on 'beating the other teams in the division'? No, but no way we can overlook them. As much fun as it is to diss on them, we're facing some quality coaches that are building solid teams. Sure, the other teams in our division have their flaws, as all teams do, but they know us and familiarity leads to closer games that we would like. Yeah, the Niners were very close to beating us at home in the playoffs. They've likely peaked, but they will continue to be dangerous for several years. The Cards and Lambs have also been on the upswing.

We're still tops, but as always, everybody is out to get the guys on top. I've said it before: Fear nobody. Respect everybody.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":vuyetow4 said:
peachesenregalia":vuyetow4 said:

I agree the Niners are still right behind us as the teams to beat in the division. The Cards need to be able to beat the Niners to stake a claim atop the NFCW; they haven't managed to do that in 3 years. The Rams still aren't quite there.

The thing is, this IS a nasty division and there isn't a lot of room for error. Look at the Niners last year: one game behind us. ONE flub on the road, hell ONE play in Houston and we don't get HFA. I still think we go to the SB (the Niners barely beat us at their house the last 2 years), but it's razor thin. Not taking future injuries into account:

The Niners already have Bowman out half a year. I think that costs them a game. I also think their secondary costs them a game off of last year's pace. Even if we just split with them...I think they take a small step back.

Even with our improvements we have some question marks. We also have a tougher schedule, so I have us winning 12 games this year.

The Cards also have some question marks, like can they beat the Niners ? If they can split with the Niners, I think they win 10 games again this year.

The Rams I have at 9-7. Bradford is such a huge question mark, than this can honestly swing 3 games either way.

The division is so tight, I see the division winner going 4-2. I think we have the easiest road to being able to do that.

MadSweeney

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":266rqmo6 said:

That's the epitome of complacency and the best recipe for missing the playoffs. The entire NFCW could possibly lose about than a game apiece outside the division but cannibalize each other in divisional play. The only thing that should push the starters more than the backups dying to be starters is the fact that the 3 other teams make it by far the toughest division in football, maybe the toughest in a long while.

brettb3

Reaction score
Not every team in our division is going to finish above .500. There has never been a season where every team in a division finished with a winning record under the current alignment. At best, there have been a few occasions where the last place team finished 8-8, but those were mediocre divisions in which the winner went 10-6 or 9-7. With every team playing each other twice, it's virtually impossible for everyone to have a winning record.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
Cartire":12ekeiib said:
Ahhhhh yes. I see now. It had a lot of familiarity, I couldnt figure it out. I thought Small actually said those words. It would have been amazing.

Yeah sorry Cartire...should have explained that it was a "future" quote after the young facemask breaking beast goes through the rigors of training camp. My bad.

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
PC said: "We are just getting started"
The Mariners big season their motto was "Refuse to lose".
Arthur on Seinfeld said "Serenity now"

Maybe the Seahawks motto for this season (and seasons to come) should be "Dynasty Now"???????

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":3r6bd7pl said:

^This man was right a lot last year, I like the way he thinks! ^ :th2thumbs: :0190l:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
MadSweeney":30r39r88 said:
peachesenregalia":30r39r88 said:

That's the epitome of complacency and the best recipe for missing the playoffs. The entire NFCW could possibly lose about than a game apiece outside the division but cannibalize each other in divisional play. The only thing that should push the starters more than the backups dying to be starters is the fact that the 3 other teams make it by far the toughest division in football, maybe the toughest in a long while.
Hogwash! Last time I checked Peaches doesn't play for the Hawks. Teams don't lose games based on fan's confidence or cockiness........

Largent80

Reaction score
When I rock climb, I love looking down from the achieved summit.

When I football.....well, see the above sentence.

suppaball

Reaction score
Trenchbroom":2k1nb2za said:
lsheldon":2k1nb2za said:
Seahawks under PC / JS Complacent? I don't think so.

The dilemma: This team's biggest obstacle to sustained success for at least the next two years is going to be complacency.

Yeah, and with the 2nd and 3rd string talent we have trying to take a starting role from the veterans? Not happening.

"Opening game is only a few days away, and the rookie/red shirt recruits of the World Champion Seattle Seahawks are salty. They are ready to eat their own guts and ask for seconds. The coaches are proud to see that we are growing beyond their control. The Seahawks does not want robots. The Seahawks wants killers. The Seahawks wants to build indestructible men, men without fear."

---Kiero Small
7.26 full metal jacket.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2osir9zx said:
HawkWow":2osir9zx said:
jdemps":2osir9zx said:
oasis":2osir9zx said:
Interesting idea. Id do
1 Seahawks
2 49ers
3 Rams

1 of the 5 categories is QB, so Rams........

You suggest the Rams haven't a capable QB. I'm not so certain.

With the defense that the Rams are building under Fisher and Williams, Bradford is more than capable of taking them to the playoffs...........if he stays healthy obviously.

The Rams aren't quite to the worrisome level as the Niners as far as our stiffest competition in the West, but they're damn close.

If one of the 5 categories is coaching, the Rams should get knocked down for that too. Jeff Fisher gets WAY too much credit for his coaching. He has coached 18 full seasons and led teams to winning records in 6 of them. He has taken more REALLY talented teams to within one game of 8-8 than any other coach in NFL history. As a Seahawks fan, I hope he coaches the Rams for a very long time.