Mina Kimes ranks Pete Carroll at #10 among coaches

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
I'm not stuck on PFF. When you google comeback wins, that page comes up.

How you claim Genos comeback aren't worthy, I don't know . Maybe I was watching a different team, but there were many drives that woukd have been gane winners if not for the defenses repeated failures to hold the lead they were just given.

You don't buy that we are on the verge of contention? Ok

What I don't understand is how some folks around here continue to talk about a pattern of failure going back X years, yet completely ignore that monumental change between this current incarnation of the Hawks and those teams. It's likely because you can't buy that one of the major reasons we were in a funk was because of Wilson.

It's like spending 5k to get your car overhauled because it was failing you. You replace the part that was most contributing to failure and are steadily freshening up other components as well. First ride back from the shop... much improved, but not there yet. But now you've narrowed down the issues, upgraded parts and now are pretty certain that in short order, the car will be like new again.

You seem to just want to sell the car because there's a history of it not working, ignoring the improvements and the fact that the main problem has been addressed.

...because you dont put too much faith into the fact that trading Russ, the cancer hed become to the culture, the financial weight he carried, and the schematic challenges he posed is 'significant'.

No, I dont buy that we are on the verge of contention. Why would I be? Just because there is change doesnt mean its automatically going to be successful or better. I think almost all of the fanbase believes because Carroll built a winner once that he will for sure do it again. I dont. The league has changed since then and I dont believe in Geno Smith (yet anyways). Also, I believe the teams between 2015 and 2020 were better than what we have now. They couldnt get it done then, hard to believe they will do it now.

Believe it or not, I dont hate Pete Carroll. He just frustrates me to no end and I feel he's come to the end of his rope. Moving past the second round of the post season would do wonders in changing my opinion in that area. Dont even need to win another Super Bowl, just get past that second round.

keasley45

Reaction score
No, I dont buy that we are on the verge of contention. Why would I be? Just because there is change doesnt mean its automatically going to be successful or better. I think almost all of the fanbase believes because Carroll built a winner once that he will for sure do it again. I dont. The league has changed since then and I dont believe in Geno Smith (yet anyways). Also, I believe the teams between 2015 and 2020 were better than what we have now. They couldnt get it done then, hard to believe they will do it now.

Believe it or not, I dont hate Pete Carroll. He just frustrates me to no end and I feel he's come to the end of his rope. Moving past the second round of the post season would do wonders in changing my opinion in that area. Dont even need to win another Super Bowl, just get past that second round.

Hoping your faith comes back soon.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Hoping your faith comes back soon.
Sorry Keasley his "Faith" is Fake, IF he accidentally tells the truth, he'll find a way to lie his way out of it so's he doesn't have to admit he's been WRONG all along...A trick my EX used to use until it quit working LOLOLOLOLOLOL

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Sorry Keasley his "Faith" is Fake, IF he accidentally tells the truth, he'll find a way to lie his way out of it so's he doesn't have to admit he's been WRONG all along...A trick my EX used to use until it quit working LOLOLOLOLOLOL

How is no faith fake faith?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
That's fine for you. But, don't put down other people who actually believe. Or make them feel like they are idiots for daring to have hope for their football team.