Garoppolo tore his ACL, out for season.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
The Cardinals vs 49ers game will be interesting. Cardinals should be 0-4. Whiners will probably be 1-3. It could be a real dog fight.

Decimation

Reaction score
If he really tore his ACL, than that is just horrible luck. I want the 49ers at full strength when we play them this year.

Speed recovery for JG if this is the case. If they weren’t our rival, I would wish them the best since the past couple years have been rough for them.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
That really sucks and is one reason I will never begrudge the money these guys make. Hope he heals quickly and gets back out there soon.

toffee

Reaction score
Lynch and Shanahan just got a huge break, now they have a few more season before they have to deliver.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Since when do skinnier legs lead to higher possibility of ACL tears than big legs, Doctor?

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":1cj47qni said:
What did I say at this time last year during an argument with 5 Rings and Marvin?

I said Jimmy G had long skinny legs and a propensity to play like he's a bigger, stronger man than he is, ie, not avoiding hits that his body type cannot take - and I felt that as a result he wouldn't get too far into his career before being struck down by a major injury.

Let's hope it's not as bad as it looks, but seriously, the coaches on this team need to sit him down and say "play as if you're Drew Brees, except even more cautious."

One of the reasons that Brees has survived is that he's short enough to duck out of hits that his body can't handle, so he doesn't take those kinds of hits and his legs aren't like that -- he's short enough that there's a LOT less pressure on them when he gets hit. You see, it's all about leverage -- the longer the lever, the more force is brought to bear on the pivot point.

Sherman always freaked me out -- you look at those long skinny legs and you think - no way is he playing 15 years in this league, he's going to blow an ACL, an Achilles, or break his leg sooner or later.

All those guys with skinny long legs and a strong upper body fall victim to the law of leverage. It's like a ticking bomb... sooner or later they are going to plant and twist, and POP. It's always been that way.

There was this great receiver the Cowboys drafted back in the day with those same legs -- think he came from UCLA, and man, you just knew it was coming.
I didn't necessarily disagree with you that he was small and that could make him vulnerable to injuries. But ACLs aren't really the type of injury you can predict. Shoulder injuries? Yeah. But non-contact ACLs?

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":34bdficj said:
5_Golden_Rings":34bdficj said:
Well there goes any hope of a competitive season.
You were hardly setting the league alight with that over rated and over paid nobody.
He’s averaging half a yard more per attempt than Wilson and only two tenths higher INT rate despite missing Goodwin the first two games and having a rookie play guard for the first time in his life against the Vikings. He might not have been an MVP candidate, but he was playing decent ball.

I understand your need to see the world through neon green stained glass windows, but Jimmy G is objectively a pretty good qb. Not top ten, but as inexperienced as he is, still pretty good.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Sucks to hear that. Regardless how I feel about the Niners, I don't ever want to a player get hurt. That looked horrible, and when it happens w/out contact even worse.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Just for the record, he tore the ACL PRIOR to contact. He was simply cutting back inside and it gave before he was hit.

This had ZERO to do with his size or "skinny legs" LOL. He should have just run out of bounds but was trying to make a play and suffered non-contact injury. It sucks BAD, but lets stop with the "he's too small BS" Had exactly NOTHING to do with the injury.

As to my reaction to this injury? Man....I was looking orward to this season more than any in recent memory. It REALLY sucks that its week 3 and I am now already looking into draft eligible players in the top 10 of the 2019 draft.

I didn't REALLY think they'd make a big jump into the playoffs tho I'm an optimist and predicted so, but I DIDN'T expect to lose Jimmy in week three and now pretty much play out the entire season as "playing out the string".

94Smith

Reaction score
I don't think they will add anyone, they will just ride the season out with CJ. If they add anyone, it will be to back up CJ and Mullens will stay in the practice squad

94Smith

Reaction score
We are going to have a top 10 pick now for sure though. CJ is just too slow in his decision making speed.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
94Smith":3d9wvrk6 said:
We are going to have a top 10 pick now for sure though. CJ is just too slow in his decision making speed.

Yep. His accuracy is wildly inconsistent and (less importantly) he lacks arm strength too. I mean, he can make all the NFL throws, but just none of them consistently, and none them consitently on schedule either.

I thought the 9ers were an 8 or 9 win team with a good qb.

They'll be lucky to get to fve wins now. With one win already under their belt I'm expecting at most two or three more to finish in the 3-13 to 4-12 range.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Popeyejones":1gjb3pdf said:
94Smith":1gjb3pdf said:

Yep. His accuracy is wildly inconsistent and (less importantly) he lacks arm strength too. I mean, he can make all the NFL throws, but just none of them consistently, and none them consitently on schedule either.

I thought the 9ers were an 8 or 9 win team with a good qb.

They'll be lucky to get to fve wins now. With one win already under their belt I'm expecting at most two or three more to finish in the 3-13 to 4-12 range.

Probably accurate. ONLY silver lining is that they didn't have the horses to begin with to really make a run and resulting draft position of this season might now give them opportunity to get a few more before next season.

The other thing is that if you are gonna lose a guy to a torn ACL, as much as it sucks that we won't get to see him play and improve all year, it means there is a far better chance he'll be healthy early next year.

Rat

Reaction score
Isn't one of their former quarterbacks available? One who led them to a recent Super Bowl?

Marvin49

Reaction score
Rat":2abxa3dh said:
Isn't one of their former quarterbacks available? One who led them to a recent Super Bowl?

Not a chance.

Shanahan had enough of the running QB thing with RGIII. Even if they suck this year, they'll want someone who can run a classic offense so that the rest of the offense doesn't waste the year adjusting to a QB that isn't their long term starter.

That said, I'd welcome Kap back. I just don't see that as an option at all.

Latest posts