Garoppolo tore his ACL, out for season.

Marvin49

Reaction score
2_0_6":25zn6iiq said:
Crazy how a season and all expectations can change on one play.

I think its the case even for the best teams in the league...you lose your starting QB and yer done. That's all she wrote.

The Eagles last year were the exception, not the rule.

Rat

Reaction score
Marvin49":2v8lhxaz said:
Rat":2v8lhxaz said:
Isn't one of their former quarterbacks available? One who led them to a recent Super Bowl?

Not a chance.

Shanahan had enough of the running QB thing with RGIII. Even if they suck this year, they'll want someone who can run a classic offense so that the rest of the offense doesn't waste the year adjusting to a QB that isn't their long term starter.

That said, I'd welcome Kap back. I just don't see that as an option at all.

I was only like 20% serious, but even if he isn't a perfect fit, isn't that probably better than Beathard? I hate to rip on the Niners, because I like you guys better than even the Seahawks fans on here, but I watch a lot of Big 10 football, and that guy looked like he was years away from being able to realize any of his gifts. I was shocked he went in the third round. I'd at least give Kap a workout. He seems to have the ability to inspire, which would be a nice trait after losing your starting QB for the year.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Rat":ayzu9dea said:
Marvin49":ayzu9dea said:
Rat":ayzu9dea said:
Isn't one of their former quarterbacks available? One who led them to a recent Super Bowl?

Not a chance.

Shanahan had enough of the running QB thing with RGIII. Even if they suck this year, they'll want someone who can run a classic offense so that the rest of the offense doesn't waste the year adjusting to a QB that isn't their long term starter.

I was only like 20% serious, but even if he isn't a perfect fit, isn't that probably better than Beathard? I hate to rip on the Niners, because I like you guys better than even the Seahawks fans on here, but I watch a lot of Big 10 football, and that guy looked like he was years away from being able to realize any of his gifts. I was shocked he went in the third round. I'd at least give Kap a workout. He seems to have the ability to inspire, which would be a nice trait after losing your starting QB for the year.

I think yer missing what I'm saying.

I'm in no way whatsoever saying that Beathard or whomever else they sign is better than Kap. What I'm saying is that if they sign a QB they will be looking for a classic QB fit and not a running QB. At this point, you want to use the year getting the rest of the offense learning the O and getting to know it like the back of their hand.

You can't do that if you are suddenly running Zone-Read every other down like the 49ers did under YHarbaugh and the Redskins did when RGIII was successful.

Thats the whole reason Kyle didn't keep Kap. He doesn't want to go down that road and wants a classic, drop back passer.

If the niners were to sign Kap I'd be all for it. I still like him and think he's gotten a raw deal, but i just don't think it'll happen.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Marvin49":2611ou71 said:
Rat":2611ou71 said:
Marvin49":2611ou71 said:
Rat":2611ou71 said:

Not a chance.

I think yer missing what I'm saying.

I'm in no way whatsoever saying that Beathard or whomever else they sign is better than Kap. What I'm saying is that if they sign a QB they will be looking for a classic QB fit and not a running QB. At this point, you want to use the year getting the rest of the offense learning the O and getting to know it like the back of their hand.

You can't do that if you are suddenly running Zone-Read every other down like the 49ers did under YHarbaugh and the Redskins did when RGIII was successful.

Thats the whole reason Kyle didn't keep Kap. He doesn't want to go down that road and wants a classic, drop back passer.

If the niners were to sign Kap I'd be all for it. I still like him and think he's gotten a raw deal, but i just don't think it'll happen.

I agree with you Marvin. I think the team should work on fundamentals that will be what they will be using in the future. That would not be hiring a QB that does not play to those fundamental plays the coaching staff wants. Keeping it somewhat simple for the rest of the year and looking at the future for draft picks and progressing on standard tactics the team wants to go with would be in their best interest. A few wrinkles would not hurt, but I would as you suggest keep it somewhat simple in method. Also, those wrinkles could be played next year....I dont think they need to be in a hurry. Good luck to your team this season.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Rat":26fr6f6v said:
Marvin49":26fr6f6v said:
Rat":26fr6f6v said:

Not a chance.

He may have the ability to inspire, but he doesn’t really have the ability to throw with anticipation and touch consistently enough, which is pretty vital in this offense.

adeltaY

Reaction score
So are the seahawks ever gonna face a niners team starting Jimmy G? Seems like it's been a long time coming and it won't happen for at least another year

chris98251

Reaction score
adeltaY":lk4gpppz said:
So are the seahawks ever gonna face a niners team starting Jimmy G? Seems like it's been a long time coming and it won't happen for at least another year

Won't matter the excuse will be if he was the same guy we traded for it would have been different.

toffee

Reaction score
adeltaY":w8d0d0ct said:

A 9ers team that we can dominate is a good 9ers team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

adeltaY

Reaction score
toffee":2bsarqcl said:
adeltaY":2bsarqcl said:

A 9ers team that we can dominate is a good 9ers team.

Oh yeah I'm expecting another two wins to add to the streak assuming Wilson is healthy as well.

adeltaY

Reaction score
chris98251":prwc5x3n said:
adeltaY":prwc5x3n said:

Won't matter the excuse will be if he was the same guy we traded for it would have been different.

Ugh that's the worst. FWIW I had a feeling we could sweep them even with Jimmy G. Much closer games of course.

Biscanebay12

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":1r54vsy3 said:
5_Golden_Rings":1r54vsy3 said:
Well there goes any hope of a competitive season.
You were hardly setting the league alight with that over rated and over paid nobody.

You mean like the Hawks, last I check both Hawks and 49ers are 1-2.

toffee

Reaction score
adeltaY":3rvtscz4 said:
chris98251":3rvtscz4 said:
adeltaY":3rvtscz4 said:

Ugh that's the worst. FWIW I had a feeling we could sweep them even with Jimmy G. Much closer games of course.
we might

Marvin49

Reaction score
chris98251":3l29e4fr said:
adeltaY":3l29e4fr said:

...be careful. That sword cuts both ways.

If the Niners sweep Seattle WITHOUT Jimmy it'll be far, FAR worse.

Rat

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":22fa7gnh said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/mattbarrows/status/1044363169496363008[/tweet]

Yikes on those first three, but Moore is at least mildly competent. I'd take him over our backup anyway.

OP
OP
Maulbert

Maulbert

Reaction score
Marvin49":2gwgnrx1 said:
chris98251":2gwgnrx1 said:
adeltaY":2gwgnrx1 said:

Hold your horses, Trigger. Maybe the 49ers should try beating the Hawks ONCE before they focus on sweeping them.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Maulbert":2d3k9zhl said:
Marvin49":2d3k9zhl said:
chris98251":2d3k9zhl said:
adeltaY":2d3k9zhl said:

Hold your horses, Trigger. Maybe the 49ers should try beating the Hawks ONCE before they focus on sweeping them.

Yeah lol I'm not worried about getting swept by Beathard, Savage, Clemens or whatever other scrubs shanny is bringing in

chris98251

Reaction score
I thought Yates made a good showing, just wasn't a big name with the Texans, manages to play well and has won when given a chance.

Latest posts