GB Opens As A 3 Point Favorite Over The Seahawks

iigakusei

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3bpqendm said:
After getting gouged by Forte and being down one of their better linebackers, I predict Bevell will go 5 WR for 90% of the game.
They think we are going to pound it with the run and read option, so I will outwit them and throw bubble screens all day long.....maniacal laugh.

OP
OP
Hawk-Lock

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":3hv6gopf said:
Hawk-Lock":3hv6gopf said:
SoulfishHawk":3hv6gopf said:
Get over it, it was a joke. :roll: 4 is more realistic.

Overreact? I have been on here all day saying that even if they go 0-2, they still will win 10 or 11 games.
I gotta remember this :sarcasm_off:

The script is already out.

Hawks start out 0-2. Run the table until week 13 where they lose back-to-back games to the Vikings and Ravens, and then run the table to finish the year as 12-4.
IMO, our team is not gonna win in Cincy in week 5 but will in this week.

If there is one game that will be a true test to how good we are....it will be week 5 in Cincinnati.

seahawk Dan

Reaction score
Wartooth":59f1nry8 said:
The Bears rushed for 189 yards against the Packers...
The Hawks my well go over 300 next week!
Sure they have Rogers...
But they did nothing to improve that plodding defense of theirs!
If the Hawks can run the ball, eat up the clock, keep Rogers on the sidelines...
They can beat them again!

I agree sick and tired of people not giving the Hawks any chance .

strat1080

Reaction score
seahawk Dan":17ywxvvz said:
Wartooth":17ywxvvz said:
Sure they have Rogers...
If the Hawks can run the ball, eat up the clock, keep Rogers on the sidelines...

Nick Foles threw for 297 yards against Seattle. Aaron Rodgers may go for 400 next week. Not a whole lot of logic in that post. Its not like Matt Forte is some bum or something. The Seahawks definitely have a chance and it should be a good game but don't kid yourself. Neither defense looked particularly good on Sunday. Seattle had a hard time slowing down Nick Foles with very little offensive weaponry at his disposal. It will be a tougher task slowing down the league MVP on his own turf. A place where he has averaged nearly 40 PPG over the last few years. And he has been particularly sharp in Sunday Night games.

ptisme

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2hdtxdba said:
After getting gouged by Forte and being down one of their better linebackers, I predict Bevell will go 5 WR for 90% of the game.
SO you expect him to do the exact opposite of the logical? Amazing...

ptisme

Reaction score
strat1080":34l3s8ro said:
seahawk Dan":34l3s8ro said:
Wartooth":34l3s8ro said:
Sure they have Rogers...

Nick Foles threw for 297 yards against Seattle. Aaron Rodgers may go for 400 next week. Not a whole lot of logic in that post. Its not like Matt Forte is some bum or something. The Seahawks definitely have a chance and it should be a good game but don't kid yourself. Neither defense looked particularly good on Sunday. Seattle had a hard time slowing down Nick Foles with very little offensive weaponry at his disposal. It will be a tougher task slowing down the league MVP on his own turf. A place where he has averaged nearly 40 PPG over the last few years. And he has been particularly sharp in Sunday Night games.
Aaron Rodgers last interception at home was three years ago.
The Packers last loss at home, with Aaron Rodgers at quarterback, was over three years ago.

marko358

Reaction score
ptisme":35a8ldwt said:
strat1080":35a8ldwt said:
seahawk Dan":35a8ldwt said:
Wartooth":35a8ldwt said:
Sure they have Rogers...

The Packers last loss at home, with Aaron Rodgers at quarterback, was over three years ago.
Well they might as well not even play the game. Hopefully Pete will call in the forfeit today so they can start game planning for their next opponent.

iigakusei

Reaction score
ptisme":17gkrlh3 said:
strat1080":17gkrlh3 said:
seahawk Dan":17gkrlh3 said:
Wartooth":17gkrlh3 said:
Sure they have Rogers...

That is why they are substantial favourites going into this game. But the one thing I would be slightly concerned with is if Green Bay somehow were to lose this game, at home, the game they have been thinking about all off season, what happens then?

OP
OP
Hawk-Lock

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
The Seahawks definitely have a chance, but there is a reason why GB are pretty big favorites. I will say this, if we want to win, we will have to play an almost flawless game.

dutchman063

Reaction score
GreenBays run defense is crap, they are long overdue for a home loss, their coach cant coach out of a wet paper bag when the pressure is on, seattle has a very good chance to win this, and i think they will

seahawks08

Reaction score
I think we will be fine. I am hoping we do have some long sustaining drives that will let our defense be fresh and help with subs. The game plan for Rams in the no huddle offense did seem to work, but it tires our offense that much more when they find separation complete running the route and RW doesn't see them open. Hopefully the trust factor grows between RW and our receivers and he throws the ball accurately to keep the game in check.

HawksSoc

Reaction score
Can't wait for this game, Rodgers is immense, my favourite non-Hawks player to watch by a mile. We'll need to tighten up a lot from Sunday, I reckon this one is gonna be great.

ptisme

Reaction score
That is why they are substantial favourites going into this game. But the one thing I would be slightly concerned with is if Green Bay somehow were to lose this game, at home, the game they have been thinking about all off season, what happens then?

Valid point... If Seattle wins it will be because the defense let Lynch have his way and gave up big plays to Wilson outside the pocket... If that happens I will be reconciled to the fact that as long as our defense is coached by Dom Capers, we will not be a championship caliber team. I will resolve myself to being a fan of a team that can't win the big one until the day he is finally fired.. He is our Bevell apparently after reading this board.

OP
OP
Hawk-Lock

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
My main fear is that Rodgers will attack our weakspot: Dion Bailey and Carry Williams. Would not surprise me if he doesn't throw towards Sherman's side. I think Cary and Bailey will get exposed in this game, I just hope our offense can put up enough points. I think this will be a higher scoring affair.

marko358

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":39ffro55 said:
My main fear is that Rodgers will attack our weakspot: Dion Bailey and Carry Williams. Would not surprise me if he doesn't throw towards Sherman's side. I think Cary and Bailey will get exposed in this game, I just hope our offense can put up enough points. I think this will be a higher scoring affair.

[Tangent alert] I look forward to a day when Wilson consistently picks on the weak links in the secondary against our opponents like Rodgers, Brady and Manning (In his prime) do.

ExpatPack

Reaction score
strat1080":2jxr4l99 said:
Hawk-Lock":2jxr4l99 said:
ptisme":2jxr4l99 said:
Hawk-Lock":2jxr4l99 said:
Opening lines for our week 2 game has GB as -3 with some heavy juice. This line will likely move up by the weekend.

Very interesting. Based on the line, I think Vegas is giving us more of a chance than I thought.
Vegas watched GB's run defense against Chicago...

Their offense was far from spectacular too. Very unRodgers-esque for him to throw for less than 200 yards, especially against Chicago who he usually smokes. I didn't watch any of the game, but I'm going to guess he misses Jordy.

That had more to do with their inability to stop Matt Forte. The Packers were moving the ball well and scoring in the red zone. They were just limited in possessions. He did throw for 3 TDs and post a 140 passer rating and put up 31 points on the road. The Packers offense actually looked very good. It was their defense that let them down. Mostly tackling fundamentals. It seems like they were in the right position to stop the run but whiffed on tackles. They were missing 2 of their 3 starters on DL though due to suspension.

QFT. Packers' offense looked VERY effective and Rodgers was impossible to defend. Every time they put a pass rush on him he scrambled for + yardage. Lacy was a beast. Packers offense also chewed up 9 minutes on a 4th quarter drive. Not stopping Forte and very poor tackling were the reason why Chi hung in there.

I would also add that Sam Shields our top corner plain sucked. Burned twice and 2 bad penalties. Packer run defense improved in the 2nd half after getting run over by Forte in the 1st half.

3 point favorites seems about right to me.

seahawk Dan

Reaction score
how about his prediction

Danny O'Neil's Week-2 NFL picks: Getting back to even

Seattle's epic comeback in the NFC Championship Game was the Packer's epic collapse, and this Week-2 meeting revisits what has become one of the league's better inter-division rivalries. Seattle has beaten the Packers three times in the previous three seasons, including the playoffs. All those games were in Seattle, though. Now the Seahawks play at Lambeau Field, where they haven't won since 1999. They've lost four in a row there, including a pair of playoff games. The last two games, Seattle has been outscored 90-30.

Pick: Seahawks 31, Packers 27