Give Me Your Playoff Five

Maulbert

Reaction score
Rams gave up less than 300 yards 4 times last season. They gave up more than 400 yards 4 times, including 514 to the New York Giants.

Hawks gave up less than 300 yards 11 times last season. They gave up more than 400 yards once, that being 401 to Dallas.

Try talking about how good the Rams defense is again. :141847_bnono:

rideaducati

Reaction score
Rex":23x99cbf said:
I do not believe you have been watching the Rams as much as you claim. Perhaps TV on and you're in the crapper or in the fridge but not watching the Rams. :141847_bnono:

I have game rewind and it has been a very long off season. I have watched every snap of every NFC West team from the last three seasons at least three times. TV copy and coaches film full field view and endzone view. I have probably watched the rams more than you have and there has not been "improvement" or "tangible improvement" or any other thing that could possibly be construed as improvement in any team stat. You guys keep telling me that there has been improvement, but I can't find ANY SINGLE STAT that doesn't PROVE the opposite is what has actually happened.

If the rams are improved, PROVE IT. Show us ONE stat that shows improvement from Fisher's first year thru the end of last season...JUST ONE. If you promise to find one before posting again, you won't be back until possibly the end of this season.

Rex

Reaction score
Maulbert":2svg765x said:
Rams gave up less than 300 yards 4 times last season. They gave up more than 400 yards 4 times, including 514 to the New York Giants.

Hawks gave up less than 300 yards 11 times last season. They gave up more than 400 yards once, that being 401 to Dallas.

Try talking about how good the Rams defense is again. :141847_bnono:

I'll say the Rams thoroughly outplayed Dallas yet the officials gave Dallas that game. If Dallas put 400 yards on the Seahawks then the Rams are improved.

Rex

Reaction score
rideaducati":aya7dirh said:
Rex":aya7dirh said:
I do not believe you have been watching the Rams as much as you claim. Perhaps TV on and you're in the crapper or in the fridge but not watching the Rams. :141847_bnono:

I have game rewind and it has been a very long off season. I have watched every snap of every NFC West team from the last three seasons at least three times. TV copy and coaches film full field view and endzone view. I have probably watched the rams more than you have and there has not been "improvement" or "tangible improvement" or any other thing that could possibly be construed as improvement in any team stat. You guys keep telling me that there has been improvement, but I can't find ANY SINGLE STAT that doesn't PROVE the opposite is what has actually happened.

If the rams are improved, PROVE IT. Show us ONE stat that shows improvement from Fisher's first year thru the end of last season...JUST ONE. If you promise to find one before posting again, you won't be back until possibly the end of this season.

Too easy. Rams special teams have improved from 7th in '12 to 5th in '14. Ramfan128 has already addressed the progress made from the beginning of '14 to the end yet you absorb it like a waterproofed brick. :34853_doh:

What is your opinion of game rewind? Do you have to wait until monday before you can watch the games? Is it the complete game or is it a half hour NFL network replay deal?

Ramfan128

Reaction score
rideaducati":3d0ruoti said:
Ramfan128":3d0ruoti said:
rideaducati":3d0ruoti said:
Ramfan128":3d0ruoti said:
So let me get this straight - you're saying that the NFC West isn't better now than it was in 2011? If that is your stance, I don't think anything you say could be taken seriously...

7-9 against an easy schedule versus 6-10 with one of the hardest....which team was better? It's not that hard.

Also, the Seahawks lost to that bad Rams team last year...with our 3rd string QB playing..

I don't think THIS YEAR's NFC West will be very good with exception to the Seahawks. I believe the Seahawks will win the division by at least three games and no other team in the division will be over .500.

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut SOME TIME. An analog clock is right twice a day, it doesn't mean it works. The rams beat one or two good teams every year that they shouldn't, it sure meant a whole lot in the playoffs didn't it?

The cards were 24th offensively and defensively, so I think their record was a fluke. They'll be better offensively with Palmer, but that won't do a whole lot for the defense which I believe will finish in the bottom third of the league again.

The rams were a bottom five team offensively and a lower middle defense and I don't think they have done a whole lot to improve. You may "think" they've improved, but how can you convince others that this has happened? A new QB that hasn't done anything yet. A running back coming off knee surgery. Same coaches. Is that a reason for anyone other than ram fan to think they've gotten better? NOPE. Please tell me HOW you think the rams will be better. There has been ZERO improvement on either side of the ball for three years now, but this year is going to somehow be different just because you say so? Sure, the D-line got better rushing the passer, but their run D was awful. Maybe this year they'll focus on their run D and not rush the passer as well, which would be EXACTLY the result I expect because that is the way Fisher's teams "improve". They are only consistent in that one area of the team always improves while at the same time another area of the team falls off by the same amount which equates to a ZERO net gain or often even a LOSS overall.

The niners are going to be a train wreck no matter what niner fans have talked themselves into believing.

Seahawks have lost exactly one starter from the defense and have added a known playmaker on offense. They traded Unger who missed half of the last two seasons and the Seahawks were undefeated in the six games he missed last year. Carpenter was just a guy that should be replaced without much, if any, drop off.

At the end of the year, statistically there has been no improvement. But the 2nd half of the season last year the defense was top 5 in most categories. Why is that significant? Teams that typically get hot the 2nd half of the year carry that over to the following year. It's easy to look at rankings and say there's been no improvement, but if you watched the games you might not feel that way. The defense got MUCH better as time went on, and after being the worst run defense in football for 6 weeks or so, we were one of the best.

I'm not saying the Rams will be great, but I'm 100% confident we will be better. Hopefully Foles stays healthy, doesn't matter if you like him or not, he's better than what we've had the past two years.

And that's really why we've been confident the last few years - with a starting QB we're better than 6-10 last year - I don't think anyone would disagree with that. How much better? I'm not sure. I don't need to convince others of anything - I come here because I like enemy forums....typically more than my favorite team's forums (for any sport).

Some Seahawk fans think the Rams will be good this year. Others like yourself don't. We're a popular pick for threads like "Give me 5 teams that will make the playoffs this year that didn't last year". Doesn't mean we will or will not be good.

I have my reservations. I'm not Fisher's biggest fan, but I think it's naïve to say that a team won't be good because a coach is mediocre. Some Ram fans have argued this. I think Fisher can get the Rams to the playoffs...I think this because he's gone to the playoffs before. People point to his record and say he's mediocre....but there are always extenuating circumstances. Coaching nearly his entire tenure with the Titans while having to deal with Peyton Manning was bad luck. That's not something very many coaches had to do. From that perspective, he's a hell of a lot better coach than whomever has coached against the Patriots all these years....at least Fisher led the Titans to 1 or 2 division titles during Peyton Manning's run.

I believe because I've seen the improvement....I've watched every snap the past few years and I think this team could explode this year. But I could also see them going 8-8. And I think that's a dilemma most people have with the Rams this year.

Where exactly was the second half improvement last season? I am not seeing it. 3-5 first half, 3-5 second half. I guess I'm not as impressed as you are about two shutouts against two teams with top 5 picks from last season. I have watched every snap the rams have played too (I wish I could get those hours of my life back). I see one week of good passing and poor running followed by good running and poor passing. Net improvement = 0. Then, I see a good pass rush and poor run defense one game followed by good run defense and poor secondary play.. Net improvement = 0. Inconsistency abounds though. The only improvement you can definitely point out and actually have stats to back you up is the pass rush. They had very few sacks in the first half of the season and then went on a pretty good run, but that didn't really amount to overall team improvement, it just sounded really cool to yell SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK a bunch of times.

You can improve overall and have a worse record - who you play makes a huge difference in that.

So that the Rams went 3-5 in both halves of the season does NOT mean we did not improve. When you first talked about improvement in this thread, you used the Rams offensive and defensive rankings as well as scoring to make your point. Now you are using the W/L record. Look at the scoring defense in the 2nd half of the season and you will see the improvement I'm talking about..

First 7 games defensive points allowed: 27, 17, 27, 20, 24, 26, 27 - 24 PPG

Now the last 9 games: 10, 17, 7, 20, 0, 0, 12, 37, 13 - 12.9 PPG

To get these numbers I removed return TDs against the Rams, as the defense has nothing to do with that. This is obvious improvement, and it appeared that it just took the defense time to adjust to a new coordinator.

Nobody is saying the Rams D will be better than the Seahawks - but this is why we're excited. Tremendous improvement over the course of the season last year.

On top of that, the offense was remade (both cause for potential concern and celebration), and the Rams had some bad luck last year. Aside from the QB situation, the Rams had 10 return TDs against them last year - that is a staggering number. Mostly has to do with the poor QB play as that resulted in 8 of the return TDs (INTs and Fumbles)....and bad luck. If we turn that around, that is 56 points, over 3.5 per game, that we don't allow.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Rex":1uufigg2 said:
rideaducati":1uufigg2 said:
Rex":1uufigg2 said:

Too easy. Rams special teams have improved from 7th in '12 to 5th in '14. Ramfan128 has already addressed the progress made from the beginning of '14 to the end yet you absorb it like a waterproofed brick. :34853_doh:

What is your opinion of game rewind? Do you have to wait until monday before you can watch the games? Is it the complete game or is it a half hour NFL network replay deal?

:thirishdrinkers: Special teams... :34853_doh: Special teams actually DROPPED to 7th from being 4th in 2013.

Game rewind is great through the offseason. Yes, you have to wait until all games have been played. You have a choice of tv broadcast full length or compressed into the half hour. And there is coaches film where it shows the entire field for the play and then it shows the same play from the endzone view. There is no sound in the coaches film. They offer a free trial, just don't forget to opt out. Maybe they'll give ram fans a discount because there are so few games you actually want to watch.

Rex

Reaction score
rideaducati":1ov2fm88 said:
Game rewind is great through the offseason. Yes, you have to wait until all games have been played. You have a choice of tv broadcast full length or compressed into the half hour. And there is coaches film where it shows the entire field for the play and then it shows the same play from the endzone view. There is no sound in the coaches film. They offer a free trial, just don't forget to opt out. Maybe they'll give ram fans a discount because there are so few games you actually want to watch.

Do you watch it on your computer or can you get it to play on a tv?

rideaducati

Reaction score
Rex":7tunaj2g said:
rideaducati":7tunaj2g said:

Do you watch it on your computer or can you get it to play on a tv?

If you have a smart tv, you can watch it on that, but you have to get to game rewind by internet. I have hooked up an hdmi cable from laptop to tv and watched it that way too.

El Caliente

Reaction score
In
AFC
NE- They are still the Patriots
Denver- Manning doesn't miss the playoffs
Steelers- They and the Ravens are a toss up
Ravens- pick your poison with them and the steelers
Indy- Luck is on the rise
Miami- They have a lot of good stuff going on

NFC
Seattle- Contract squabbles won't hurt them
AZ- I think they are on the rise
NO- revamped defense, Unger is a game changer
Dal- The defense has gotten better
GB- Rodgers and crew are healthy, and we're only a miracle td away from being in the SB.
Carolina- They like to run, and if you can effectively run, you can win.

chris98251

Reaction score
AFC
Dolphins
Colts
Bengals
Texans
Cheifs

NFC

Packers
Giants
Panthers
Vikings ( not becasue they are better but because the NFC west is going to knock each other out. )
Seahawks

Latest posts