Go Bills!

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
Josh forcing home runs to his diva receiver rather than taking easy short yardage cost them the game. Too bad the kicker will get blamed for the loss.

I noticed that in real-time too, and almost made a post in the Active Gameday Bills/Chiefs forum saying "Is Allen channeling Me3 right now?"

They had plenty of clock left to chew, they NEEDED to go for the short routes that moved the chains to run the clock down more. I think they had 1:55 left, that's WAYYYY too much time to leave Mahomes with to come back.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
As I said above, trying a fake punt wasn't a bad idea at all. The Bills' D wasn't playing very well, they were down by 3, and it was getting late in the game. They couldn't afford to give up another TD, and the Chiefs had scored TD's on their last 3 drives. The problem was the execution/play design.

Where was it that the Bills turned the ball over on downs? The only time that happened was in the 4th quarter on the fake punt.
On their own side of the field in a 3-point game? Incredibly stupid decision.

I was getting it mixed up with the GB game when they went for it on 4th instead of taking 3. I'm old......

Last edited:

RiverDog

Reaction score
On their own side of the field in a 3-point game? Incredibly stupid decision.

I was getting it mixed up with the GB game when they went for it on 4th instead of taking 3. I'm old......
No sweat, I thought that you were getting it mixed up with that one or the Lions-Tampa Bay game where Mayfield got stuffed.

Running a fake punt on your opponent's side of the field is the worst possible place to try it as they'll be expecting a fake, especially nowadays in the age of analytics where most teams go for it in that situation. As it turned out, the Chiefs weren't expecting it as they had the defense in the perfect position for a fake.

It was an incredibly stupid decision because it was horribly executed and very poorly planned. I don't know why they'd run it to the short side of the field with a safety carrying the ball and running to his left. Why in the hell did they put a safety as the personal protector in punt formation to begin with? Why not use a tight end or running back? The special teams coach should be fired.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It made no sense how they ran that play. KC basically had 9 guys out there. And you can't even come up with a way to get a first down?

RiverDog

Reaction score
It made no sense how they ran that play. KC basically had 9 guys out there. And you can't even come up with a way to get a first down?
It was poorly designed. They should have never ran it to the short side of the field and they should have had someone besides a safety packing the rock and running to his left. The Chiefs rushed just 5 and the Bills had 6 blockers. Heck, the Chiefs had just 10 players on the field:

Many thought the Bills had audibled into that trick play. On the game’s broadcast it was noted that the Chiefs only had 10 players on the field, not 11.

The Chiefs, with five players up front, rushed through the six the Bills had. The edge was set on the play, forcing Hamlin to carry the ball up the middle, and he was stuffed there too.

If you can't take advantage of a defense that's already confused and has just 10 players and gain a measly 5 yards, something's seriously wrong.

Torc

Reaction score
I was very happy with the results. It was a good competitive game all the way to the end, and the team I wanted to lose, did.

I'm already sick of the "Josh Allen is so good he can throw interceptions because he'll make up for it with his AMAZING talent. His aggressiveness gets more points than it costs" narrative. He's amazingly talented and makes some great plays. But he plays bad football, IMO.

You may be sick of the "Mahomes has made it to the conference championship every year he has started" thing and I wouldn't blame you.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Nah, just sick of seeing him whine like a 5-year-old for a flag every other play. I like Mahomes and he's an all-time great. But his whining act is getting old.

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
You may be sick of the "Mahomes has made it to the conference championship every year he has started" thing and I wouldn't blame you.
Yep, just waiting for the "you can't pay everyone", "it's hard to create/sustain a dynasty", etc to catch up to the Chiefs. It looked like it did in the regular season, but then suddenly that changed in timely fashion for the playoffs. I guess I'm just tired of seeing the same teams make it to the NFCCG/AFCCG/Superbowl in a continuous 5 year span, and wondering how it seems SO EASY for some teams no matter what coaching staff/players they lose. That's why I'm anti-Chiefs and anti-49ers this year no matter who they play.

Maybe I'm just bitter because it's not the Hawks.

5thgen

Reaction score
I noticed that in real-time too, and almost made a post in the Active Gameday Bills/Chiefs forum saying "Is Allen channeling Me3 right now?"

They had plenty of clock left to chew, they NEEDED to go for the short routes that moved the chains to run the clock down more. I think they had 1:55 left, that's WAYYYY too much time to leave Mahomes with to come back.
They obviously didn't learn their lesson from last time. Maholmes only needed 13 sec to tie up and win it in OT.

RiverDog

Reaction score
I was very happy with the results. It was a good competitive game all the way to the end, and the team I wanted to lose, did.

I'm already sick of the "Josh Allen is so good he can throw interceptions because he'll make up for it with his AMAZING talent. His aggressiveness gets more points than it costs" narrative. He's amazingly talented and makes some great plays. But he plays bad football, IMO.

Honestly, I don't pay any attention to that kind of commentary. Maybe it's because I'm getting hard of hearing anyway, but half the time, I don't comprehend anything but the actual description of the play and screen out the comments. It's why I don't have any expressed dislike for this or that commentator.

As far as Josh Allen goes, I, too, think he's over rated because of his turnovers.