Go Vikings!

Threedee

Reaction score
I haven't forgiven the Vikings for the Hershel Walker trade (and some more recent shenanigans). That said, they are second on my list of NFC teams after the Eagles. Rams fall third due to division rivalry. NFC and AFC South teams I do not root for. I guess my first team overall is the Bills.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Vikings break the string of failures because they have a very good defensive minded coach.

IIRC, their "almost" seasons came when they had high scoring offenses. The old adage "Defense wins Championships."

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
ivotuk":1b7895xi said:
Vikings break the string of failures because they have a very good defensive minded coach.

IIRC, their "almost" seasons came when they had high scoring offenses. The old adage "Defense wins Championships."

The recent ones ya....Two had Moss on them, the other had Favre and AP. This is probably the most balanced team they have had since ive watched them. ELITE D, quite possibly best in the league and a surprisngly good offense. They have the #2 RB duo and #2 WR duo in the league by stats

This maybe one of the most complete teams I have ever seen TBH. On offense other than QB every position is pretty solid and even Keenum has played pretty dang well. On D literally the only things I can think of are replacing Sandejo and maybe the other DT next to Linval Joseph. Barr is also sometimes so so but usually a pretty good playmaker

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
RedAlice":1u9h7gqz said:
Cyrus12":1u9h7gqz said:
Vikings Bills what an epic sb that would be! No legacy team for once. Honestly though it's Steelers vs Pats for the sb this year....not watching that game

If it's Steelers v Pats for the SB this year, you are not watching? I think you are pretty safe.

Oh, and I'm rooting for the Rams. :179417: As long as it's possible.

I actually think they have a chance...the Rams. A friend is attending the game from San Diego too. He got me into the club level a few years ago. Good luck to your team Red Riding Hood. :2thumbs:

Fade

Reaction score
The Rams winning would be a great way to wake up some people at the VMAC.

Superbowl teams are harder to keep together because the guys want & will get paid more. That would help the Seahawks down the line. They could lose some hunger too.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Whenever the 9ers aren't in the playoffs I root for a team that's never won the Super Bowl before, and then do the same thing even when the 9ers are in the playoffs but after they get knocked out (why I was rooting for the Hawks in '14).

This year is an AWESOME year to root for a non-SB winner to win the Super Bowl.

There are 13 teams in the NFL which have never won a SB, and 7 of those 13 teams are in the playoffs this year. :2thumbs:

Playoff teams which have never won a SB are: Titans, Vikings, Jags, Panthers, Bills, Falcons, and Eagles.

rlkats

Reaction score
I would love to see the Jags, Bills, Titans or Rams win it.

Na forget that Rams must lose on the first playoff game so I can rub it in my families face.

kobebryant

Reaction score
In no order:

Rams - fun, young and likeable instead of dirty now that Fisher is gone. Kupp and Hekker are local boys.

Falcons - always been a fan of DQ. Ryan, Julio, Freeman and Sanu are first class people too.

Jags - have been cheering for them in the AFC for a few years now. Love Ramsey and that defense.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
1. Screw the Rams
2. Def. will pull for Buffalo and Jax.

Kind of exciting to see some new teams in the playoffs if it's not gonna' be us. Wouldn't have a problem with the Vikings winning the NFC, especially w/a back up QB who has played damn well this year. Plus, playing the Super Bowl in your own stadium? That would be crazy.

Pulling for anyone in the NFC who plays The Rams and/or the Panthers.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
I'd like to see the Chiefs win just to see the forty whiner plebzone explode.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":3m37k07b said:

Explode for what reason?

Because of Alex Smith? :lol: :roll:

While you seem to be frozen in amber, the 9ers are three head coaches and four QBs moved on from Alex Smith, dude.

If I had to guess 60% of 9ers fans wouldn't care either way, and of the remaining 40% you'd be incredibly hard pressed to find someone that wasn't happy for him.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm sure the "faithful" know that choosing Kaep over Smith was a mistake. But that feels like it was a very long time ago. And now they clearly have a good QB for the future.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Popeyejones":1fkp824p said:
UK_Seahawk":1fkp824p said:

Explode for what reason?

Because of Alex Smith? :lol: :roll:

While you seem to be frozen in amber, the 9ers are three head coaches and four QBs moved on from Alex Smith, dude.

If I had to guess 60% of 9ers fans wouldn't care either way, and of the remaining 40% you'd be incredibly hard pressed to find someone that wasn't happy for him.

There is a 1284 page thread about him with 12 posts from just this morning. You guys are obsessed with him.

If you dont think Smith and the Chiefs winning the SB would propel that thread to 2000 pages then I'm calling shenanigans.

evergreen

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":34vh3dwn said:
Mizak":34vh3dwn said:
No one in the NFC playoffs is beating the Vikings.

PERIOD.

Clearly you arent a vikings fan or know about the Vikings.....

I would love to believe ill watch the Vikings go to the superbowl but they seem to lose in the most absurd ways every time they are close. UNFOR..... Wouldnt suprise me if they cruise to the NFCCG against the Eagles and then have the D get lit up by NIck foles.....even though their D is number 1 inthe league

If they dont they can make a good run at it next year though...have 60 mil in cap this offseason with an OL that has seemed to gel pretty good....get Cook back and they will easily be the #1 rushing team in the league if he returns to normal...dude was on fire before getting hurt

Would love to see a Bills vs Vikings superbowl

Yes the 0fer Bowl

chris98251

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":2wand93q said:

Well there are two things about this statement that are a problem.

First and foremost finding a 49er fan that knows who Alex Smith is, most ran to the hills or I should say the Vikings, Raiders and now Rams since Harbaugh were fired and will now just be trying to come back and get their spot back on the bandwagon.

The second is Smith really didn't do anything to warrant animosity from 49ers fans anyway so they don't care, if he would have been a Free Agent and signed and turned his back on the franchise with a parting shot like T.O. then yeah.

OP
OP
Uncle Si

Uncle Si

Reaction score
endzorn":125is33j said:
I’ve lived in seven NFL markets in my life and the Vikings market is the worst. I would seriously rather see the Rams win than the Vikings. It’s very odd because their play-by-play guy, Paul Allen (or PA as he’s known up there), is an over-the-top optimist with a radio show and all the ridiculous nonsense he spews is taken as fact by the fan base. His show is broadcast over a huge region and is enormously popular with Vikings fans.

He is extremely dismissive of any other team, including and perhaps especially the Seahawks. You would honestly believe the Vikings have 22 Hall of Famers starting and Zimmer could toy with Belichick when it comes to strategy.

I hate the Vikings. More than any team in sports. I got so sick of Vikings fans that I cared as much about Minnesota losing as I did seeing Seattle win. If any of you had to listen to PA’s garbage you’d understand why. The Vikings had been largely irrelevant until two years ago, but once they looked like a valid team it was incredible how stupid that fan base became.

If there is a God, PA will never broadcast a Vikings Super Bowl. He loves his own voice more than any other person on earth.

You just changed my mind...

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Anybody but the Rams, Patriots or Steelers.

I'd love to see the Vikings win, great defense, great story with Keenum, good sports town. Maybe they'll let Walsh ride in the parade................tied to the front of the bus.

original poster

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":176war7f said:
Anybody but the Rams, Patriots or Steelers.

I'd love to see the Vikings win, great defense, great story with Keenum, good sports town. Maybe they'll let Walsh ride in the parade................tied to the front of the bus.

Naked.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3k5ao7k4 said:
endzorn":3k5ao7k4 said:
I’ve lived in seven NFL markets in my life and the Vikings market is the worst. I would seriously rather see the Rams win than the Vikings. It’s very odd because their play-by-play guy, Paul Allen (or PA as he’s known up there), is an over-the-top optimist with a radio show and all the ridiculous nonsense he spews is taken as fact by the fan base. His show is broadcast over a huge region and is enormously popular with Vikings fans.

He is extremely dismissive of any other team, including and perhaps especially the Seahawks. You would honestly believe the Vikings have 22 Hall of Famers starting and Zimmer could toy with Belichick when it comes to strategy.

I hate the Vikings. More than any team in sports. I got so sick of Vikings fans that I cared as much about Minnesota losing as I did seeing Seattle win. If any of you had to listen to PA’s garbage you’d understand why. The Vikings had been largely irrelevant until two years ago, but once they looked like a valid team it was incredible how stupid that fan base became.

If there is a God, PA will never broadcast a Vikings Super Bowl. He loves his own voice more than any other person on earth.

You just changed my mind...

I've heard this kind of stuff about PA. The only time I tuned in was to hear Florio absolutely roast him last year after the Vikings lost to the Bears. Seriously, I don't like Florio that much, but he basically made a super homer concede that his team sucks and left him mumbling in depression. It was awesome.