GoBears

adeltaY

Reaction score
DJrmb":1hwx5i4e said:
Huge difference on how they addressed Khalil Mack in the 1st and 2nd halfs. As I said before I hope Pete was taking notes. Thats how you neutralize an elite pass rusher and give your offense a chance to win that game. RW can beat these guys if you don't let Mack take that away...

the thing is, Bulaga can actually block Mack by himself. He did a much better job back in 2015 when they played and struggled a bit today because he's coming off a torn ACL from last season and is still getting back into game shape. We don't have that. The Packers could afford to help him out here and there with chips and trust him to hold up the majority of the other snaps. We don't have a guy who can do that.

DJrmb

Reaction score
adeltaY":2qhqotp4 said:
DJrmb":2qhqotp4 said:
Huge difference on how they addressed Khalil Mack in the 1st and 2nd halfs. As I said before I hope Pete was taking notes. Thats how you neutralize an elite pass rusher and give your offense a chance to win that game. RW can beat these guys if you don't let Mack take that away...

the thing is, Bulaga can actually block Mack by himself. He did a much better job back in 2015 when they played and struggled a bit today because he's coming off a torn ACL from last season and is still getting back into game shape. We don't have that. The Packers could afford to help him out here and there with chips and trust him to hold up the majority of the other snaps. We don't have a guy who can do that.
2015 was Mack's 2nd year in the NFL. Surely he's better now at 27 and in his prime years. Also they did a lot more than chip on Mack in the 2nd half. They tried just chipping him and letting Bulaga block him in the beginning and that's what wasn't working. In the 2nd half they went to full double teams which is why Chicago started moving Mack around trying to get him free.

PackerNation

Reaction score
The Packers HC rolled out a "new look" offense but apparently it wasn't designed to move the chains or score any points. Once they made the halftime adjustments, Rodgers was back looking like his old self. That guy is worth every penny. Green Bay should have invested in a 1-2 better OLmen. Mainly, better Guards. Guards that can run block too.

Surprised our defense looked "ordinary". I had high hopes that front line and front 7 overall would be legit. Clay is almost worthless out there. Should have grabbed K. Mack and cut Clay this coming off season. We need another good pass rusher. Wilkerson underwhelmed.

Bears are a good team and the NFC North could be a pretty tough division like in years past.

chris98251

Reaction score
Rodgers is hurt now and I would bet will be a statue most the time for a while, can't say he doesn't have heart of is tough though.

He may complain about the type of broken bottle your using in a back alley brawl but he would stand on one leg with no fingers and still be swinging. As much as many of us hate one part of him as a player, I think we all respect and would love to have a bit of his attitude and moxie in our QB on our team if your not a Patriots fan.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Hold up a sec, as much as the result makes Rodgers look amazing....

1. Both of the final TDs were largely a result of YAC from the receivers.
2. He threw a pass STRAIGHT TO a defender, Kyle Fuller, who flat out dropped it.

It's a team sport y'all. Rodgers got lucky with the dropped pick and his WRs did work to get those long TDs. Throw in that it took Nagy playing very conservatively for the Pack to even have a chance. Team win AND Rodgers was amazing.

Kind of reminds me of the 28-3 game. Yes, Brady was brilliant, but if the Falcons run the ball twice and kick a FG they lose. If Freeman picks up Hightower on a blitz and Ryan doesn't take an unnecessary sack, they lose. Team win AND Brady was phenomenal.

Compare this to Russ Sunday. He 100% effed up the final drive, threw a bad pick, and took unnecessary sacks, BUT the WRs couldn't get open and the line couldn't block. Team loss AND RW played badly. QB gets the credit or takes the blame. It ain't right, it's just the NFL.

Latest posts