Golden Tate is a bitter, bitter man

HHawk121

Reaction score
I have no dislike for Tate.. He came up big in some critical moments for us, but he wasted 2 years here not being able to fully grasp his playbook. He'll be their new Burleson, and he'll fill that role beautifully... But whatever he has to say about Seattle is meaningless...

OP
OP
HawkFan72

HawkFan72

Reaction score
jdblack":2g8m0xwb said:
HawkFan72":2g8m0xwb said:
...Especially since he praised everything about the Seahawks until they didn't offer him the amount of money he wanted. Then his tune changed.

His tune changing also coincided with CHANGING TEAMS. Get off his nuts, he's supposed to be loyal to his new team.

I don't hear Red Bryant or Chris Clemons talking the same way. And they were CUT.

themunn

Reaction score
To be honest I agree that Stafford probably has better touch and accuracy than Wilson in a nothing-but-throwing contest.

But he makes riskier plays and most importantly BAD DECISIONS. Hence Wilson is a better QB

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Tate is going to have crazy numbers this year. And everything he said is trueish. But it will have more to do with Calvin getting bracket coverage than Tate being an ignored mega star in Seattle. His new QB once threw for just shy of 5000 yards while accumulating 20! TDs. That is the football equivilant of stuffing your undies with potatoes. Unlike Seattle, Detroit will not avoid portions of the field in the passing game. And what he said about facing the 2nd and 3rd corners is fact, and with Tate's tackle breaking ability that may be a big deal.

Am I bothered by any of his words? Nope. In Seattle, Tate was always looking for more, and offensively, it was just not going to happen. He took the low offer personally. His choice, and probably a bit of a character defect, as we have seen the front office garner a ton of respect from other players for the way they handle their business.

Meeker

Reaction score
I think those talking bad about Tate didn't actually watch the interview and are only reading the quotes...

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/feature/ ... =firsttake

I see nothing wrong with what he said. You don't get to hear where it starts, but its obvious he was asked something about the Hawks and he didn't say anything bad about them, merely talked about his role on the team and then said he will get a chance to be more productive in Detroit. He was then asked to compare Russ and Stafford and said Stafford has a stronger arm, which is obviously true, Stafford has elite arm strength. Technically he didn't compare their touch, just said he likes Stafford's on top of his arm strength.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":fg7w20ys said:
It's his guilt for being an adulterer and a prick. He ruined a marriage. Now his guilt makes him try to hate to rationalize what a crap person he is.
If the rumors are true, I agree 100%.

And I also agree with folks that are saying he's simply talking up his new team and new QB. Thanks for helping the Hawks win their first SB Golden. I'd say we'll see you in the playoffs, but your team and QB need to prove they're capable of getting there first so..................

DavidSeven

Reaction score
I am a Golden Tate fan. He helped bring y'all a Super Bowl and has been one of the team's most entertaining performers over the past two years.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Guys, don't be morons with that rumor nonsense. It wasn't reported by anyone and has been rebuffed by every party involved. Golden's girlfriend literally just posted a photo with Ashton within the last month.

:34853_doh:

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Not seeing anything worth getting worked up about this.

He should see more passes. Worse coverage. More opportunity for personal stats. That was a given.

Additionally, Matt Stafford was a #1 overall pick for a reason. In the safety of training camp and OTAs, his throws are going to look real pretty. Stafford is a very talented QB who looks like a prize thoroughbred on the hoof. But his ability to summon that same quality in the pressure and chaos of an NFL game doesn't compare at all to Russell Wilson. Stafford can have ridiculous out of body game experiences (like against us in 2012). But he can also just lay a complete turd. He is equally liable to make the game losing pass as he is the winning one.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Tate has always had problems creating separation. It will be interesting to see whether that improves while playing next to Megatron.

dunceface

Reaction score
I really didn't see these comments as bitter
Still got love for the kid and I'm going to have fun watching him blow up in that offense this year

ZagHawk

Reaction score
He plays for the Lions. He's going to say things in his opinion he likes about the Lions better than the Seahawks. And being a team player, anything he likes better about other teams he will stay quiet on. I don't fault him.

However, what I do not like is having to look at his face this entire month on my SB Calendar because he is no longer a Seahawk and it's just kind of depressing. I may cut him out and just go back to staring at Richard Sherman for another month.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1bn4myla said:
SalishHawkFan":1bn4myla said:
It's his guilt for being an adulterer and a prick. He ruined a marriage. Now his guilt makes him try to hate to rationalize what a crap person he is.

And I also agree with folks that are saying he's simply talking up his new team and new QB. Thanks for helping the Hawks win their first SB Golden. I'd say we'll see you in the playoffs, but your team and QB need to prove they're capable of getting there first so..................
Ok, I had never heard of any rumor of Tate ruining a marriage. I didn't think he was even married or was it someone else's marriage that he ruined?

kidhawk

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":3naoyeer said:
hawksfansinceday1":3naoyeer said:
SalishHawkFan":3naoyeer said:

Ok, I had never heard of any rumor of Tate ruining a marriage. I didn't think he was even married or was it someone else's marriage that he ruined?

The rumor was that Tate ruined Wilson's marriage....I never actually heard it until I heard it was totally debunked, so the best information out there is that the rumor was and is totally false

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":34ljvxl8 said:
There was a rumor that Tate slept with Russell Wilson's wife, Ashton. Likely a bogus one.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
HAWKAMANIA":2hjgtv1q said:
yup. a solid WR4 imo
I think Golden is right about most of the things, but to say Stafford has better touch than Wilson and can place it better than Russ is ridonculous.

Do you know that from personal experience catching passes yourself from Wilson and Stafford?