Golden Tate is a bitter, bitter man

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Football is too much of a team game to look at it that way. Dan Marino doesn't get the respect he deserves because he never won a ring, and Romo & Stafford are generally speaking underrated because of not getting to the postseason much, or at all.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Damned straight, Z-Man. :thirishdrinkers:

Also, Marino will always have a special place in my heart. First NFL game I ever went to was as a kid at Sun Life Stadium (I don't remember what it was called at the time) in 1989 when I lived in Miami, seeing Marino play.

Largent80

Reaction score
"I would definitely say Matt Stafford's balls get there way quicker (than Russell Wilson's)"....Had to stop right there.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Largent80":ekn9p6xe said:
"I would definitely say Matt Stafford's balls get there way quicker (than Russell Wilson's)"....Had to stop right there.

Same for me. What I got out of his comments is that he likes admiring Stafford's balls while craving Stafford's touch.

Tical21

Reaction score
Just read that he is starting camp on the PUP for a shoulder. A bit peculiar.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Still love him as a player, perfect example of what willpower can do for someone who doesnt have the most naturally spectacular skillset.

cacksman

Reaction score
HawkFan72":87u9ixyq said:
Continues to go out of his way to bash the Hawks every chance he gets.

“I hated being tackled [last year] because I didn’t know when my next ball was going to come. I have a chance to catch more balls and make Pro Bowls,” Tate said, via MLive.com.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/14/golden-tate-the-skys-the-limit-in-detroit/

"I would definitely say Matt Stafford's balls get there way quicker (than Russell Wilson's). I like Stafford's touch," Tate said. "He can place a ball wherever he wants. ... There's going to be small windows and guys there ready to hit you."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...en-tate-plans-to-catch-a-ton-more-balls-in-14

It's not that he's wrong. Everything he is saying is most likely right. It just really seems like he goes out of his way to compare to the Seahawks and make backhanded jabs at the Hawks. It feels like there is a new article like this every couple weeks since he left.

And then there's this gem...

I think if I can stay healthy, God forbid, it’s going to be fun.

So, Golden...you want God to forbid you from staying healthy?

You are a silly, silly man. Tate said nothing wrong.

Subzero717

Reaction score
cacksman":3g4afw1g said:
HawkFan72":3g4afw1g said:
Continues to go out of his way to bash the Hawks every chance he gets.

“I hated being tackled [last year] because I didn’t know when my next ball was going to come. I have a chance to catch more balls and make Pro Bowls,” Tate said, via MLive.com.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/14/golden-tate-the-skys-the-limit-in-detroit/

"I would definitely say Matt Stafford's balls get there way quicker (than Russell Wilson's). I like Stafford's touch," Tate said. "He can place a ball wherever he wants. ... There's going to be small windows and guys there ready to hit you."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...en-tate-plans-to-catch-a-ton-more-balls-in-14

It's not that he's wrong. Everything he is saying is most likely right. It just really seems like he goes out of his way to compare to the Seahawks and make backhanded jabs at the Hawks. It feels like there is a new article like this every couple weeks since he left.

And then there's this gem...

I think if I can stay healthy, God forbid, it’s going to be fun.

So, Golden...you want God to forbid you from staying healthy?

You are a silly, silly man. Tate said nothing wrong.

Just classless.

HansGruber

Reaction score
Meh. Make the noise now, Tate. In 3 years, nobody will know who he is. He's got a statue pocket QB now, who expects his receivers to get open on their route. Can't take advantage of defenders leaving their assignment to deal with a scrambling Wilson. Going by what I saw in the Cardinals game and pre-Wilson, I'll be surprised if we hear much about him from here on.

He owes Wilson about $10m of that contract.

McG

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2hkkl72l said:
His new QB once threw for just shy of 5000 yards while accumulating 20! TDs. That is the football equivilant of stuffing your undies with potatoes.

Without a doubt, one of the funniest things I've read on here. I literally LOL'ed. Thank you.