Golden Tate signs with the Lions

A London Hawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3o47rlkb said:
BigMeach":3o47rlkb said:
Well, didn't take long for this board to return to it's old ways.

I wonder if there will ever be a day when our FO proves themselves enough to where we all truly trust in the moves they make/allow to happen.
Nothing in this world can happen that will take away the natural penchant most people feel to whine when something doesn't jive with their preconceived notions about something.

This might be an area where being having less football knowledge than some of you other folks is a blessing but.. PC/JS turned around this team in 3 years and took it's first SB victory in 4. I think they've earned some trust.

theascension

Reaction score
razgriz737":1zutwi6u said:
@Todd_Dybas: The #Seahawks made Golden Tate what he called a "really, really low" offer 10 days ago before upping at the last minute today.

https://twitter.com/todd_dybas/status/4 ... 5303067648
And by that it was probably 4-5 million per which is what he was worth... plus he said he'd take a hometown discount. Honestly not entirely liking the impression I get of his attitude.

Throwdown

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3ta4f4zv said:
Throwdown":3ta4f4zv said:
Small little something after throwing the franchise under the bus
Oh my God, shut it. Put your whining in the shack where it belongs!

Personal attacks will not be tolerated

volsunghawk

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":1a0dw9tl said:
Guys like Tate and Browner and even Red, they were an important part of what makes up attitude and fire that fed this team. The question will be whether we can just pile all this on Wilson alot with some vets and hope to get the same kind of motivation from the team.

Every SINGLE time we have had to let players go in FA or we have released guys due to cap issues, .NET has sounded the "OMG, what about the leadership?!" horn. And every SINGLE time, players have stepped up to fill the void. These are the kinds of players that Carroll and Schneider target, folks. I guarantee you that every one of these guys was a leader on his team in high school, and likely a leader in college as well. Okay, maybe not the kickers and punters. But everyone else. Are you telling me that Mebane or Bennett don't have the capacity to be leaders on the D-line? Hell, I fully expect the defensive captain patch to appear on Earl Thomas' jersey next season and stay there through at least 2020. Our defense has plenty of fire and spark.

And on offense, there's nothing attitude/motivation wise that Tate provided that Baldwin can't. Wilson will continue to take more of the leadership mantle onto his shoulders, and the guy's shoulders are plenty broad enough for it. And what's more, the attitude of the team will still flow from Lynch, Sherman, and most importantly, Carroll himself.

TXHawk

Reaction score
The Seahawks offense is instantly better with a healthy Harvin replacing Tate even if JS made no other moves at the WR position, which he is certain to do. The angst over Harvin's fragility is overblown. He missed only three out of his first 57 NFL games and his hips were a known problem area that might eventually require surgery since his pre-draft combine physical. Now that he's gotten it done there's no reason to think he can't remain relatively healthy like he was through college and the first 3 1/2 seasons of his NFL career.

A

Anonymous

I'm not losing any sleep over Tate leaving.

I'm an "act like you've been there" guy, and even though Golden made some incredible contributions, when I think of him I can't get that waving-at-the-DB-score in St. Louis out of my mind. Take that to Detroit for all the other ex-Seahawks now Lions to enjoy.

Sorry, I'm just not a show-boat kinda guy, and Tate is a bit too much of a show-boat for me.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Golden Tate on KJR: “I tried my best to come back”

“It was true what Pete and Schneider said: I was a priority to come back to Seattle, and I really tried my best to come back. I tried to find every excuse to justify coming back. But at the end of the day it just didn’t make sense for me or my family. I didn’t feel like I was going to get what I was worthy, despite the market, despite the draft class. I thought I had a great opportunity in Detroit. I see a lot of similarities as far as the passion they have as a fan base. They’re ready for something to root for.”

http://blogs.seattletimes.com/seahawks/ ... cation=rss

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
All the best to Golden, gotta get that paper...however...

DETROIT???

HAHAHAHHA, that place is America's shit hole! His family must be stoked....haha.

chawx

Reaction score
dontbelikethat":3e05m6vs said:
Golden Tate on KJR: “I tried my best to come back”

“It was true what Pete and Schneider said: I was a priority to come back to Seattle, and I really tried my best to come back. I tried to find every excuse to justify coming back. But at the end of the day it just didn’t make sense for me or my family. I didn’t feel like I was going to get what I was worthy, despite the market, despite the draft class. I thought I had a great opportunity in Detroit. I see a lot of similarities as far as the passion they have as a fan base. They’re ready for something to root for.”

http://blogs.seattletimes.com/seahawks/ ... cation=rss

360 losses 0928

NvJd1Jh
QnkwB

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
I remeber flying into Detroit for business once. Woke up, looked out the window, concerned I was actually in North Korea.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Blitzer88":1aciqwzj said:
TwistedHusky":1aciqwzj said:
Tokadub just nailed exactly how I was thinking.

And yeah, I think depending on Harvin scares me. The only reason I don't worry more is because we won the SB and when you decide to go all in to win it all - you cannot really complain about the cost after if you do win it. There was a cost, we knew we were going to lose players and we did.

But Tate was a BIG part of this ride, and deserves the accolades as much as anyone.

Baldwin made the incredible plays that saved us in a few games, but Tate was consistently a producer that we generally could count on more except for those playoff games, where I still contend the reason was the increased scrutiny from the defense (and that opened things up for other players). We probably couldn't have matched but I don't see a reason we cannot acknowledge how much he meant to this team and how much he contributed to the climb up the ladder.

Also, part of the attitude of this team, that "put it on my back, I'm good" mentality, came from him.

I don't understand how we think we are just going to move forward without missing a beat with so many important cogs removed from the machine. The average WR takes 3-4 years to start producing at a reasonable level (even Golden took 3). But then again, we won and maybe it makes sense to drop expectations a bit since in general SB teams get stripped and weaker shortly after winning, in this new era.

Guys like Tate and Browner and even Red, they were an important part of what makes up attitude and fire that fed this team. The question will be whether we can just pile all this on Wilson alot with some vets and hope to get the same kind of motivation from the team. And I still remain skeptical that we can just hope to replace the offensive production we lost in both starting receivers (Tate and Rice) out and hoping our #3 can be our #2 and our #1 can actually stay on the field.

What this guy said.

Couple things...
Maxwell played better than Browner and we didnt miss Browner at all obv

Rice was out half the year and did not contribute in either the playoffs or the superbowl and when he was playing he wasnt quite the same and looked like he had lost something.

Red im not sure on since I didnt pay too much attention to the D-line but from what I have read on here he didnt look the same this year as previous years plus we were rotating the line alot. My guess is it will impact the D-line a little bit but as a whole our D-line should still be pretty good since we resigned Bennet and still have Avril.

Tate.....While it is true he had a pretty good regular season and has had some clutch plays to win some games (Both rams games), we were without Harvin the ENTIRE year. I am assuming between the surgeries and rehab Harvin is finally healthy again and in the super bowl he looked like a beast.

I am pretty sure Harvin had more yards and impact in just the superbowl than Tate had in the entire postseason. He only had 8 catches for 61 yards on 15 targets. Harvin was our leading rusher in the Superbowl with 45 yards and had a 5 yard catch as well. Then there is his 1 and only kick return opportunity which he promptly took to the house. I have seen some posters scared at what will happen with our punt return game. Tate had a majestic 15 yards on 4 returns in the playoffs. How will we EVER replace those #s, we are so screwed.

So in essence we are replacing Tate with Harvin since Harvin was out all of last year anyway aside from the superbowl and 2 other games. I think we will be just fine considering what I have seen from the offense in the limited time Harvin has been in the game.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":2t1faoty said:

I'm an "act like you've been there" guy, and even though Golden made some incredible contributions, when I think of him I can't get that waving-at-the-DB-score in St. Louis out of my mind. Take that to Detroit for all the other ex-Seahawks now Lions to enjoy.

Sorry, I'm just not a show-boat kinda guy, and Tate is a bit too much of a show-boat for me.

You must HATE the LOB.....all they do is showboat.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
If Tate really gave the Hawks as many opportunities as he says to give him a good offer, than the Hawks didn't want him that bad. And that's fine by me. I trust JS.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":54ltmw1y said:
Blitzer88":54ltmw1y said:
TwistedHusky":54ltmw1y said:
Tokadub just nailed exactly how I was thinking.

And yeah, I think depending on Harvin scares me. The only reason I don't worry more is because we won the SB and when you decide to go all in to win it all - you cannot really complain about the cost after if you do win it. There was a cost, we knew we were going to lose players and we did.

But Tate was a BIG part of this ride, and deserves the accolades as much as anyone.

Baldwin made the incredible plays that saved us in a few games, but Tate was consistently a producer that we generally could count on more except for those playoff games, where I still contend the reason was the increased scrutiny from the defense (and that opened things up for other players). We probably couldn't have matched but I don't see a reason we cannot acknowledge how much he meant to this team and how much he contributed to the climb up the ladder.

Also, part of the attitude of this team, that "put it on my back, I'm good" mentality, came from him.

I don't understand how we think we are just going to move forward without missing a beat with so many important cogs removed from the machine. The average WR takes 3-4 years to start producing at a reasonable level (even Golden took 3). But then again, we won and maybe it makes sense to drop expectations a bit since in general SB teams get stripped and weaker shortly after winning, in this new era.

Guys like Tate and Browner and even Red, they were an important part of what makes up attitude and fire that fed this team. The question will be whether we can just pile all this on Wilson alot with some vets and hope to get the same kind of motivation from the team. And I still remain skeptical that we can just hope to replace the offensive production we lost in both starting receivers (Tate and Rice) out and hoping our #3 can be our #2 and our #1 can actually stay on the field.

What this guy said.

Couple things...
Maxwell played better than Browner and we didnt miss Browner at all obv

Rice was out half the year and did not contribute in either the playoffs or the superbowl and when he was playing he wasnt quite the same and looked like he had lost something.

Red im not sure on since I didnt pay too much attention to the D-line but from what I have read on here he didnt look the same this year as previous years plus we were rotating the line alot. My guess is it will impact the D-line a little bit but as a whole our D-line should still be pretty good since we resigned Bennet and still have Avril.

Tate.....While it is true he had a pretty good regular season and has had some clutch plays to win some games (Both rams games), we were without Harvin the ENTIRE year. I am assuming between the surgeries and rehab Harvin is finally healthy again and in the super bowl he looked like a beast.

I am pretty sure Harvin had more yards and impact in just the superbowl than Tate had in the entire postseason. He only had 8 catches for 61 yards on 15 targets. Harvin was our leading rusher in the Superbowl with 45 yards and had a 5 yard catch as well. Then there is his 1 and only kick return opportunity which he promptly took to the house. I have seen some posters scared at what will happen with our punt return game. Tate had a majestic 15 yards on 4 returns in the playoffs. How will we EVER replace those #s, we are so screwed.

So in essence we are replacing Tate with Harvin since Harvin was out all of last year anyway aside from the superbowl and 2 other games. I think we will be just fine considering what I have seen from the offense in the limited time Harvin has been in the game.

Red was losing half his snaps to Bennett towards the end of the season.

mikeak

Reaction score
theascension":3igqhgn8 said:
razgriz737":3igqhgn8 said:
@Todd_Dybas: The #Seahawks made Golden Tate what he called a "really, really low" offer 10 days ago before upping at the last minute today.

And by that it was probably 4-5 million per which is what he was worth... plus he said he'd take a hometown discount. Honestly not entirely liking the impression I get of his attitude.

You are judging his attitude by an assumption that you made on your own about Seahawks offer? That is pretty awesome

Seriously who knows what Seattle offered? I am guessing we offered $3 million per year which would make anyone go looking and I don't think the team came up higher than $4-5 million at the end. I also don't think we came close to the EDIT: 13 million guaranteed - DELETED [twenty some million guaranteed]. It is one thing to take a few hundred K discount but my GUESS is that there was a significant difference. Regardless I am not going to judge him for his decision about his life

I lived outside Detroit for a year - no issues and would do it again for a few million more than my current employeer was paying. It is a job for these guys

-The Glove-

Reaction score
mikeak":odvzvztp said:
theascension":odvzvztp said:
razgriz737":odvzvztp said:

You are judging his attitude by an assumption that you made on your own about Seahawks offer? That is pretty awesome

Seriously who knows what Seattle offered? I am guessing we offered $3 million per year which would make anyone go looking and I don't think the team came up higher than $4-5 million at the end. I also don't think we came close to the twenty some million guaranteed. It is one thing to take a few hundred K discount but my GUESS is that there was a significant difference.

I lived outside Detroit for a year - no issues and would do it again for a few million more than my current employeer was paying. It is a job for these guys

According to Tate, all he counts is guarantees and he got 13.25 mill from Detroit. He said the Seahawks final offer paid him that much over several years...so it wasn't even close

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Earlier in the night, Tate had left the only organization he’s known in professional football when he signed a five-year, $31 million contract with the Detroit Lions. He received $13.25 million guaranteed, which was the crucial number.

The Seahawks had made a “really, really, really low” offer 10 days ago, according to Tate, before upping the number significantly Wednesday while his agent negotiated with the Lions. At the Lions’ facility, Tate received what the Seahawks said was their final offer. He signed with Detroit.

“As a player in my situation, nothing is guaranteed,” Tate told the News Tribune. “You’re not guaranteed to play tomorrow, the next day or three years from now. A guarantee, in my mind, is all I really count as my salary. What I was going to get in the first (year with Detroit) was close to what (the Seahawks) were going to give me over a couple years, so I had to jump.

Read more here: http://blog.thenewstribune.com/seahawks ... rylink=cpy

A

Anonymous

ImTheScientist":124jc8q4 said:
HoustonHawk82":124jc8q4 said:

You must HATE the LOB.....all they do is showboat.

Not at all.

The defense can trash talk, use obscene gestures, foul language, and hit hard as hell. Being confident, brash, and mouthy is is totally fine for my secondary, and for my defense in general. It works great.

But, my offensive players must score with dignity and grace. Like they have been there before.