Golden Tate signs with the Lions

SonicHawk

Reaction score
nwgamer":27kkvs3i said:
Good Luck Golden. Thanks for all the great memories. The catch against Green Bay will go down in NFL history. Best of luck!

I don't think Mr. Tate checks .net

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Ok, my comment was stupid, I get that. Guess I'm just p.o'd about him leaving. But, he gave the team some good years, and contributed to getting the Hawks to the title.
Won't be the last time I say something stupid :mrgreen:

5280Hawk

Reaction score
Im Super Bummed.

Good Luck Tater! Thanks for all the great catches pal!

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Cfuji":27ed8ba7 said:
I'm going to miss him bouncing off defenders and his toughness. It's a good move for him, get paid and play on a team that throws the ball as much as any team in the league.

His fighting for yards was awesome. Sometimes it scared the crap out of me, like when he would have a first down then back up behind the line to try to get more yardage (and sometimes repeat this sequence several times after catching the ball).

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Catching Punts at the 2, screaming at the tv, or from my seat at home games. Only to look around laughing at "how the hell could he make that play?"

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Koo
StoneCold":wpkf9s45 said:
This thread should be locked until we find out exactly what Seattle offered and can compare that to Detroit's. Everything else, including my post, are off season silliness.

Either way, I wish nothing but the best for Golden Tate. He played like a monster for us. Will be very surprised if he doesn't put up 1200 yards in that offense.

SC
according to Tate...the reason he left was for the 13.25 mill guaranteed. Seahawks offered about that much in several years and who knows how much (or little) in guarantees. If he took the Seahawks offer it wouldn't have been a discount-it would have been a concession

Chapow

Reaction score
-The Glove-":1ikruuum said:
Koo
StoneCold":1ikruuum said:
This thread should be locked until we find out exactly what Seattle offered and can compare that to Detroit's. Everything else, including my post, are off season silliness.

Either way, I wish nothing but the best for Golden Tate. He played like a monster for us. Will be very surprised if he doesn't put up 1200 yards in that offense.

SC
according to Tate...the reason he left was for the 13.25 mill guaranteed. Seahawks offered about that much in several years and who knows how much (or little) in guarantees. If he took the Seahawks offer it wouldn't have been a discount-it would have been a concession

And yet, there are people here insulting and trashing him for "choosing" to leave or for "picking Detroit over Seattle" when Seattle wouldn't even give him a remotely competitive offer.

I guess he was just supposed to accept any offer from the Seahawks no matter how many millions less or else he was a liar.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Everyone is entitled to their opinions and/or how they deal with this stuff. Especially the first day or two. It's natural.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I just appreciate the guy and what he did for us.

And yeah, I think he probably heard so much about how it was the defense and not giving any credit to the guys in the offense, maybe it started chafing a bit.

But after you hear how the Seahawks kind of lowballed him at the start, and how you look at the Lions and realize just how prolific he could be in a pass first offense, it sounds like a great deal. He probably felt he had to take it, and most of the people in his situation would have.

(Then you realize he has Stafford as his QB, and you realize that even Jerry Rice combined with Steve Largent wouldn't have been able to win with Stafford. But I like that Tate is getting money he clearly earned, even if on another team.)