Golden Tate

Status
Not open for further replies.

pocketprotector

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":13kic8m1 said:
-The Glove-":13kic8m1 said:
7 mill? What a greedy, money grubbing idiot.

These posts. :177692:

Americans love capitalism except in sports, I guess.

Because the NFL is a product of a free market... well except for those publicly funded billion dollar stadiums and that anti-trust exemption.

Lady Talon

Reaction score
chris98251":2txiel0p said:
You mean like the source saying Bennett was going to get 10 million. Okaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.

Lol, yeah just baseless rumors, although I have no doubt his agent is trying.

razor150

Reaction score
I find it funny that fans begrudge players who get as much money as possible in fa one instant and then speculate about whose contract should be terminated an instant later. Seems we expect loyalty from the players and none from the organization or the fans towards the players.

If Tate can get someone to give him 7 million a year I say good for him.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
It's good to know for us at least, that the 7m figure is not realistic according to the article. That is a hefty price to pay.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Lady Talon":1l6ud3uo said:
http://espn.go.com/blog/seattle-seahawks/tag/_/name/golden-tate

Tate is probably Seattle's next priority. The Seahawks released receiver Sidney Rice to free up money to try to keep Tate. But Tate believes he can get more than $7 million per year, possibly from the New York Jets. If so, he is probably gone. If the Seahawks can keep him in the $5 million range for four years, he could return.
F-- that noise. I don't believe it pure and simple. Get real already. That's pure outside WR money.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
razor150":wm3b0pjr said:
I find it funny that fans begrudge players who get as much money as possible in fa one instant and then speculate about whose contract should be terminated an instant later. Seems we expect loyalty from the players and none from the organization or the fans towards the players.

I on the otherhand believe that would be both insane and stupid. Now 5+ or possibly 6 okay now we are talking real if a team wants to overpay.

chris98251

Reaction score
Flooded market, overwhelming amount of receivers in draft, I don't base anything on projected numbers, remember who his QB would be in NY also.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Lady Talon":1p3ckdmh said:
http://espn.go.com/blog/seattle-seahawks/tag/_/name/golden-tate

Tate is probably Seattle's next priority. The Seahawks released receiver Sidney Rice to free up money to try to keep Tate. But Tate believes he can get more than $7 million per year, possibly from the New York Jets. If so, he is probably gone. If the Seahawks can keep him in the $5 million range for four years, he could return.
F-- that noise. I don't believe it pure and simple. Get real already.

HawkFan72

Reaction score

Jville

Reaction score
:177692: Wait ........ is this the infamous lying season I've heard so much about? :shock:

The Jets? Do they even have a quarterback? I know they have been arguing for a plan to reduce the number of pass attempts for 2014. Surely the agents could have pick a much more pass happy team for argument and rumor.

Cartire

Reaction score
If Tate gets $7 mil a year somewhere else, I will still root for him (provided no on a division foe) because I love what he has become.

But otherwise, I really hope we can resign him for cheaper.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
As a forum, maybe we should vow to stop running with numbers that are made up out of nowhere. The whole Bennett "$10 million" fiasco should have taught us this, if nothing else.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
If he can sign for $7m/yr elsewhere, I won't blame him one iota for leaving. I hope we are able to keep him, but I don't think he's worth that much to us.

getnasty

Reaction score
Tate> Baldwin. I really hope we can sign Golden, if not I think we'll be ok. There's no way he gets 7 million, especially from Idzik.

McGruff

Reaction score
chris98251":2hgtp64q said:
McGruff":2hgtp64q said:
Rumor is that Tate is going to get a 5 year deal worth $35 million with half of that guaranteed . . . no mention of which team . . .

Link?

SOme NFL insider on the Radio as I was getting into the car . . . sorry . . .

plyka

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":1yctkx93 said:
IndyHawk":1yctkx93 said:
I'm sorry but I'm not so high on Tate and I would rather keep Angry Doug..Don't get me wrong Tate can play
but there are games where I don't see him or very little ..He did this at Notre Dame as well..I think with Harvin back full time we need to get the big target type of Wr that we all know we have needed with the money we save by not signing Tate...Don't want to hear about punt returns..We could sign Hester for less to do all that( pr/kr) I could see the guy coming here just to get his ring...I hope I'm so wrong about Tate but we'll see..

To be fair to Tate, he was getting #1WR coverage with Rice and Harvin out. You notice that Baldwin and Kearse were able to get free with Tate taking up the attention of opposing CBs and safeties.

This analysis doesn't make any sense. So if Kearse and BAldwin are doing great, it's not that they got open, ran their routes correctly and caught the tough ball, it's that Tate somehow set them up?

I understand if you have evidence, like the opposing best CB following the WRs around. Sherm did this with Boldin in the 2nd week against the niners. Talib did it against Demarious Thomas. Let me ask you, when has the best CB on the team actually followed Tate around? What about rolling the safety over? Any evidence that opposing teams cheat their safety over to Tate's side?

Let me help, no there is no evidence. This is the cheapest way to generate some good support for TAte --giving him credit for producing nothing, because his nothing production is the sole reason why Baldwin/Kearse were producing.

razor150

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":3gz35f0v said:
razor150":3gz35f0v said:

I on the otherhand believe that would be both insane and stupid. Now 5+ or possibly 6 okay now we are talking real if a team wants to overpay.

I don't think we should pay him that much and I question the sanity of any gm who would be willing. However Tate would be stupid to turn down such an offer and I would never think badly of him for doing so.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1w74a5do said:
Natethegreat":1w74a5do said:
Sgt. Largent":1w74a5do said:
Natethegreat":1w74a5do said:
Overpay is relative to teams. Oakland could use a receiver too and they have over 70 million in cap space. Paying Tate 6 7 million a year would be a drop in the bucket to them but too much for us. Jets have 40 million in cap space and could free up a lot more by releasing Sanchez and they have a HUGE need at receiver. I could easily see them paying Tate 6 to 8 mill per. I'm not saying he is gone but it seems like everyone just assumes its a weak market and he'll be back and I don't necessarily think that is the case. Also Clayton stated he didn't think Tate would be back during an interview today. Didn't state his reasons but he did say it.

Clayton also said that both Clemons and Miller were getting cut last Tuesday.
And they still may be I actually think miller restructures and Clemons is cut but we will see. Again I am not saying he is gone I just think everyone here just assumes he is an easier sign and I just don't agree thats all.

I don't know about easier, but I think he'll come back because we'll give him more than any other team.

Here he's a "Carroll guy" that has earned his place on this team as a tough player and leader. On another team he's just a borderline #2 or #3 receiver with average stats and problems getting separation off the line.

Wow, your last sentence is such a negative way of looking at the best RAC WR in the league with a very understated toughness plus being a major added factor on ST, but your previous sentence points why the team will compete to keep GT, like they did with Bennett. I think Tate is very undervalued and only just really starting to come into his prime as being a WR. There I think the best is yet to come and we haven't seen all his upside. I think his number is possibly higher than many here are prepared to acknowledge. Maybe though he needs to face the reality of the market and adjust his demands slightly. I think Clayton has been out to lunch more lately than he has been right.

Status
Not open for further replies.