good game

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Terpdragon":30ld0iig said:
drdiags":30ld0iig said:
Saying the game goes to the refs does a disservice to both teams that played their butts off. MRob's hands to the face wasn't on the refs, it was on the player.

Good game to the 9ers and to the Seahawks. Time to take care of the rest of the schedule and see what happens for HFA or winning the division.
The refs extending 49'rs drives with bs penalties changed the score of the game. I wasn't trying to disservice the Hawks effort I was stating that the refs directly affected the score of the game.

Again the penalties weren't really BS. They were tight, and a lot of officials would let them go, but they weren't really missed calls.

Dismas

Reaction score
9ers played a hell of a game.
Their D kept Russell and company very well contained, and then the big run by Gore in the 4th iced it.
I can't feel too bad losing this one . . away game against a really good team, who had their backs against the wall, and it was as close as can be, right down to the end.
Really looking forward to the rubber match at Clink in January!

Go Hawks!

Terpdragon

Reaction score
DHawk":3reln5jd said:
Terpdragon":3reln5jd said:
DHawk":3reln5jd said:
Terpdragon":3reln5jd said:
No, this game goes to the refs. They are making games just about unwatchable

Get out of here with that garbage. Undisciplined football against a good opponent is what happened.
How is it garbage when alll of their scoring drives except the last one were possible by refs extending their drives to score when the drive would have ended? Also I have a right to my opinion as much as anyone else. They weren't doing crap until the that Gore run and the Hawks were getting bs calls against them all game. What is making it almost unwatchable is it's not just the Hawks they are doing this too, it's leaguewide uneven calls by the refs deciding games too often.

Can you please give examples of the penalties that were undeserved that you say lead to their scores? For the record, I'm not saying you don't have an opinion, I'm calling your opinion loser-speak, which is lame, or as I referred to it, garbage.
I'm just flat out sick of the refs calls/no calls one-sidedness directly impacting scores of games. I wasn't referring to how hard the teams both played, just expressing an opion about refs calls deciding the outcome of the game. I never denegrade anyone else's opionion either

OahuHawkFan

Reaction score
I'm not really sure why some of you are on the ref's... It's pretty obvious that the Seahawks do indeed play a very physical (borderline) defense. There were a few questionable calls in the game (both ways). But by and large, I can't think of a single call the ref's made that cost the Seahawks the game.

Obviously, as a Seahawk fan, it benefits us to have officials who just "let them play". But we can't expect that week in and week out. The fact is, Seahawks corners are very grabby sometimes. It's going to be called sometimes. It was today.

Bottom line, better execution still would have made this game a "W". It's a shame.

DHawk

Reaction score
OahuHawkFan":37zq3gmb said:
I'm not really sure why some of you are on the ref's... It's pretty obvious that the Seahawks do indeed play a very physical (borderline) defense. There were a few questionable calls in the game (both ways). But by and large, I can't think of a single call the ref's made that cost the Seahawks the game.

Obviously, as a Seahawk fan, it benefits us to have officials who just "let them play". But we can't expect that week in and week out. The fact is, Seahawks corners are very grabby sometimes. It's going to be called sometimes. It was today.

Bottom line, better execution still would have made this game a "W". It's a shame.

:13:

Dismas

Reaction score
And to those blaming clock management . . if they stop the third down where Kaepernick ran for the first, then we get the ball back with plenty of time . . Pete was using the timeoyuts right, but the D didn't hold where they had to.
After that, I still would not let them score easy . . too many things we could still do . . strip the ball, block the kick, get a big return and one big play for a kick.
I don't agree with giving a TD away ever

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
DHawk":huytq1gu said:
Terpdragon":huytq1gu said:
DHawk":huytq1gu said:
Terpdragon":huytq1gu said:

Get out of here with that garbage. Undisciplined football against a good opponent is what happened.
How is it garbage when alll of their scoring drives except the last one were possible by refs extending their drives to score when the drive would have ended? Also I have a right to my opinion as much as anyone else. They weren't doing crap until the that Gore run and the Hawks were getting bs calls against them all game. What is making it almost unwatchable is it's not just the Hawks they are doing this too, it's leaguewide uneven calls by the refs deciding games too often.

Can you please give examples of the penalties that were undeserved that you say lead to their scores? For the record, I'm not saying you don't have an opinion, I'm calling your opinion loser-speak, which is lame, or as I referred to it, garbage.
:34853_doh: :177692:
Stop, just stop!
I hate it when folks play the "contrarian card"! To say the officials had NO impact on the outcome of this game is just as disingenuous as saying bad calls are the ONLY reason they lost. Hawks played like crap today, they played bad enough to lose and frankly so did SF. You care too much what other fanbases think.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
I'm happy to see the voices of reason shouting down those who want to blame this on officials. I think it's a good sign that the fanbase is getting a better grip on their postgame reactions.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Thanks, Kats. It's hard to believe Holmgren was the coach last time Seattle won in the Digits' house.

OP
OP
rlkats

rlkats

Reaction score
nanomoz":17i7i5cm said:
Thanks, Kats. It's hard to believe Holmgren was the coach last time Seattle won in the Digits' house.

crazy I never new that.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Congrats to 49ers for winning. They played hard and both teams are very good. The Seahawks continue to make stupid penalties. This is the one big negative that seems to never change every week. So far it hasn't cost them but it did today. They made dumb penalties and kept a few 49er drives going. Need to have better discipline.

4BlatantAgent9

Reaction score
Great divisional contest. Everything I expected, even the flags unfortunately. You just knew the refs were gonna have a noose on this one. There were bad calls and missed calls for both sides. About evened out from what I seen. Good luck down the stretch.
Go Niners!

Laloosh

Reaction score
rlkats":3tasp7kd said:
For all on herethat know me I would have been here in defeat also so after that. Good game guys. In seattle this game end different. Hawks are for real. Scary if they get a bye and homefield. Which is the most likely thing to happen. So hopefully see u one more time in seattle guys

Good game. :salute:

Refs tried to ruin it for both teams but it was decided by big play rather than a questionable call.

Brass-Knuckles

Reaction score
Good Game! I was edge of my seat the whole game... could've gone either way.. glad niners game out on top in this one. We may see you guys again and i hope it happens

hawker84

Reaction score
DHawk":30lqa1yt said:
Terpdragon":30lqa1yt said:

Agreed, Pete needs to get these guys heads right, this sh*ts been going on all season, time to put a stop to it, we're in the crucial time of the season, can't afford these stupid mistakes...

chris98251

Reaction score
Both sides had incidental contact calls in blocking that were not facemask or hands to the face, just hands coming up as a guy breaks away from a block, not even really causeing the head to move and they were not used as leverage.

I think those are the type of calls that are killing the game, guys have there heads in blocks and pull and twist and a grazeing contact gets flags.

Thats what I have been referring to as ticky tack in my posts as well, grabbing and redirecting a guy, pushing a guys head using the helmet yeah throw the flag.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Brass-Knuckles":88s176fx said:
Good Game! I was edge of my seat the whole game... could've gone either way.. glad niners game out on top in this one. We may see you guys again and i hope it happens

Trust me Brass, we hope we see the Niners too. :)