Good News and Bad News

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
This complaining about the dancing is grasping.

It is a fun thing to do as a potential reward when you score.

The reason they lost is not a TD dance.

Having fun in football isn't a negative either.

There are issues I had (the weird emotional penalities, almost getting into on-field fights AGAIN, etc) but none are ' they took 5 mins out of a practice to do a dance'.

It sucks they lost. I wanted them to win too. Let's not eat our own because they had a bad day. Also, I don't think Baldwin is 100% and it is really looking like that is an issue this year - even with a healthier Lockett and Moore being pretty good.

xray

Reaction score
Those celebrations don't even happen in high school...it looks childish,stupid and unprofessional. What's next...Pete Carroll dry humping Wilson's leg every time he throws a pick 6...actually that would be fun !!

rcaido

Reaction score
I guess next time the Seahawks scores a TD im not going to celebrate or cheer, I have to wait to see if we win the game first...

Uncle Si

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":f7cjln16 said:
This complaining about the dancing is grasping.

It is a fun thing to do as a potential reward when you score.

The reason they lost is not a TD dance.

Having fun in football isn't a negative either.

There are issues I had (the weird emotional penalities, almost getting into on-field fights AGAIN, etc) but none are ' they took 5 mins out of a practice to do a dance'.

It sucks they lost. I wanted them to win too. Let's not eat our own because they had a bad day. Also, I don't think Baldwin is 100% and it is really looking like that is an issue this year - even with a healthier Lockett and Moore being pretty good.

Exactly,

It was nice to see the NFL start to allow these things again in the hopes the fans would maybe start enjoying the "game" aspect of the league

Seymour

Reaction score
rcaido":14uddsaa said:
I guess next time the Seahawks scores a TD im not going to celebrate or cheer, I have to wait to see if we win the game first...

Idiotic comparison.

Please try harder or seriously consider giving it up. :roll:

Seymour

Reaction score
xray":1boxh343 said:
Those celebrations don't even happen in high school...it looks childish,stupid and unprofessional. What's next...Pete Carroll dry humping Wilson's leg every time he throws a pick 6...actually that would be fun !!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
OMG......that is so pathetic I cannot help myself. :oops:

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Seymour":11x4xr5g said:
rcaido":11x4xr5g said:

Idiotic comparison.

Its not though.

The point is that in that moment, the Seahawks were up 7-0 and the team was enjoying it and the crowd was too.The fact they lost really shouldn't deter them from celebrating the next time they score.

Now.. if they pull out a choreographed celebration down 2 TDs in the 4th... well that's dumb.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
xray":21u5xawl said:
Those celebrations don't even happen in high school...it looks childish,stupid and unprofessional. What's next.!

Roger Goodell is that you? No Fun League in full effect.

Ask any longtime NFL fans what some of their fondest memories are of the old days, and they'll tell you the fun TD celebrations. The Icky Shuffle, Fun Bunch, Billie Whiteshoes Johnson, Neon Deon highstepping it to the endzone.

The only celebrations that are stupid are the players who over celebrate first downs and TD's when their team is getting their asses kicked. You have to know when it's fun, and when it's pathetic.

Seymour

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3v7vnhyw said:
Seymour":3v7vnhyw said:
rcaido":3v7vnhyw said:

Idiotic comparison.

Its not though.

The point is that in that moment, the Seahawks were up 7-0 and the team was enjoying it and the crowd was too.The fact they lost really shouldn't deter them from celebrating the next time they score.

Now.. if they pull out a choreographed celebration down 2 TDs in the 4th... well that's dumb.

It is idiotic just for the fact that as fan you are not being millions of $$ per year to include practicing high school cheer leading dances.

I also admitted it was hypocritical (wrong...not justified....poor judgement...bad....reactive... ect)

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Seymour":4isyxqtv said:
Uncle Si":4isyxqtv said:
Seymour":4isyxqtv said:
rcaido":4isyxqtv said:

Idiotic comparison.

Its not though.

It is idiotic just for the fact that as fan you are not being millions of $$ per year to include practicing high school cheer leading dances.

I also admitted it was hypocritical (wrong...not justified....poor judgement...bad....reactive... ect)

The players are paid millions of dollars to entertain the fans. The NFL has not only once again permitted these celebrations but are encouraging them.

And I know you and i are saying the same thing at this point. Just keeping the conversation going.

chris98251

Reaction score
Waiting for the Baby Lift celebration.

Dirty Dancing Movie GIFs

But who's Baby and Who's Patrick :)

rcaido

Reaction score
Seymour":2amlpyra said:
Uncle Si":2amlpyra said:
Seymour":2amlpyra said:
rcaido":2amlpyra said:

Idiotic comparison.

Its not though.

Maybe we need to write a letter telling players to not have fun. you get paid millions, playfootball its your job.

This is the No Fun League! Start acting like it.

xray

Reaction score
OMG sometimes these arguments are seriously funny...

jmahon316

Reaction score
chris98251":275wurh1 said:

Dirty Dancing Movie GIFs

Fluker+Lockett. You're welcome ;)

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
xray":35cuu0i7 said:

I agree. We live in an age where the league is trying to promote this behavior and antics instead of dissuading it. Probably me, but a player like Barry Sanders or Larry Fitzgerald just handing the ball to the ref is a lot more classy than somebody acting like a fool after a TD. To each their own I guess.

themunn

Reaction score
Seymour":3iut3fcr said:
Chapow":3iut3fcr said:
Seymour":3iut3fcr said:
Sorry this was a bit more involved then those examples. It took what like 5 players all in coordination with each other and a bit of practice and thought went into it.

It was 4 guys and the entire thing lasted about 6 seconds.

How much time do you guys imagine it took them to get that 6 second routine nailed down? Also, have you guys considered that it's entirely possible that they did it on their own time? Like, after practice was over?

I already posted the post game show they said they took "5 minutes of practice" time to rehearse it. Yes, I question that it only took that but whatever. It's not that big of a deal. just didn't sit right that Pete even lets them practice ANY celebrations on team time when we see team efforts and penalties (lack of discipline) like that on game day.

Who says it's on team time? I guarantee there's no chance Carroll lets any player slack of during training time.
Wasn't Schotty just waxing lyrical about all the annotated notes that RW gives him on plays earlier this week? Maybe Russell should be spending that time practicing his dropbacks and improving his timing in the pocket, because he was the reason for the drive-killing sacks on multiple plays where he had plenty of time to throw the ball away.

uncle fester

Reaction score
jmahon316":2ziy0vq8 said:
chris98251":2ziy0vq8 said:

Dirty Dancing Movie GIFs

Fluker+Lockett. You're welcome ;)

But they should only do it if they win. Apparently.

mrt144

Reaction score
Seymour":1dojf5mg said:
Chapow":1dojf5mg said:
Seymour":1dojf5mg said:
Sorry this was a bit more involved then those examples. It took what like 5 players all in coordination with each other and a bit of practice and thought went into it.

It was 4 guys and the entire thing lasted about 6 seconds.

How much time do you guys imagine it took them to get that 6 second routine nailed down? Also, have you guys considered that it's entirely possible that they did it on their own time? Like, after practice was over?

I already posted the post game show they said they took "5 minutes of practice" time to rehearse it. Yes, I question that it only took that but whatever. It's not that big of a deal. just didn't sit right that Pete even lets them practice ANY celebrations on team time when we see team efforts and penalties (lack of discipline) like that on game day.

What is there to practice as a Hawks WR?

Uncle Si

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":31sot3op said:
xray":31sot3op said:

I agree. We live in an age where the league is trying to promote this behavior and antics instead of dissuading it. Probably me, but a player like Barry Sanders or Larry Fitzgerald just handing the ball to the ref is a lot more classy than somebody acting like a fool after a TD. To each their own I guess.

Why does it have to be classy every time?

mrt144

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":wiv4l6gq said:
xray":wiv4l6gq said:

How do you balance sports being a fertile ground for human interest stories while also driving the humanity out of it?