Grade the Seahawks Draft

Which grade would you give the Seahawks for this Draft?

• B

Votes: 39 45.3%
  • C

Votes: 27 31.4%
  • D

Votes: 16 18.6%
  • F

Votes: 4 4.7%

• Total voters

naholmes

Reaction score
Solid draft overall and of course it is too early to tell. However, I was disappointed with the Pocic pick in round 2 because I think we could have gotten a higher upside S there, like Josh Jones, and still gotten Pocic and Griffen in round 3. Also to have Obi and Kevin King, who were mocked to the Seahawks most of the time, get taken right before our pick hurts. With that said I love that they infused a ton of talent on the defensive side and excited for the upcoming season.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
naholmes":3k34mo5n said:
Also to have Obi and Kevin King, who were mocked to the Seahawks most of the time, get taken right before our pick hurts.

This only hurts if you put more value or stock in the ever-popular mocks than you put in the FO's choices.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
I really wish we would have used the picks we acquired to move around and dictate the board. We sat there, and in my view, took a bunch of lesser players.

I gave the draft a C (minus).

Atradees

Reaction score
No maneuvering....didn't seem to have an awareness of the draft board. Seemed kind of entitled and indifferent. So I will give them an incomplete for not doing all the work.

Someone with 4 concussions should not be drafted.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
These guys really know what the hell they're doing. I just pretty much sat in awe this year instead of over-analyzing and my own projections and favorites. I realize more and more I really don't know anything and they got this.

Excited to learn about the UDFA additions as well. Last year added Tanner McEvoy.

Go Hawks

bmorepunk

Reaction score
chris98251":2kcwkuha said:
Draft isn't over so this thread is premature.

It is my understanding that it was over as soon as they traded back out of the first round and didn't draft that one dude who is apparently a sure-fire Hall of Famer.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
TeamoftheCentury":h5b17l52 said:
These guys really know what the hell they're doing. I just pretty much sat in awe this year instead of over-analyzing and my own projections and favorites. I realize more and more I really don't know anything and they got this.

Excited to learn about the UDFA additions as well. Last year added Tanner McEvoy.

Go Hawks

I used to have opinions about personnel acquisitions. Then when they traded for Lynch I assumed they were being stupid trading away a perfectly good draft pick for a malcontent. I didn't get all angry, but I thought it was incorrect.

So after that I just let the personnel thing happen, take some interest in it, and see how it pans out.

Josea16

Reaction score
original poster":1q6liz6p said:
We're getting younger and reducing our cap in the process, I LOVE it!

Malik McDowell is going to be Calais Campbell 2.0.
Nailed it.

Josea16

Reaction score
Atradees":2n7u64e2 said:
No maneuvering....didn't seem to have an awareness of the draft board. Seemed kind of entitled and indifferent. So I will give them an incomplete for not doing all the work.

Someone with 4 concussions should not be drafted.
1 concussion which caused him to to miss 4 games.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
While we cannot effectively evaluate this year's draft for a couple years, we can only hope our hit rate increased substantially better than drafts since '13.

While PCJS have assembled quality rosters, it is blind following to think they should not be subject to any scrutiny for their prior poor drafts or to never question any of their picks or acquisitions.

Milehighhawk

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":1rvtbcnp said:
While we cannot effectively evaluate this year's draft for a couple years, we can only hope our hit rate increased substantially better than drafts since '13.

While PCJS have assembled quality rosters, it is blind following to think they should not be subject to any scrutiny for their prior poor drafts or to never question any of their picks or acquisitions.

In the last 4 months I see this board much more full of blind hate than any sort of blind faith. Which is worse?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Decimation

Reaction score
I give this draft an "B+." We picked up some great depth in the secondary and I have a feeling many of you doubting this draft will have a change of heart once the season progresses. I really like what Malik McDowell will bring to our defensive line as well. Kid is going to be a star.

Not sure why many fans on this forum are upset? Instead of being an armchair GM, try trusting the process and have some faith in our front office.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

randomation

Reaction score
C those complaining about others complaining need to understand this we had a chance to take an elite tackle prospect who dropped because the Giants are idiots in fact we had two chances. We could have taken Ram and then taken Brantly in the third to fulfill our dline needs. We also have used our 4 third to manuver around in the second and take obi. Right now we have what ten picks? That's great if you are a rebuilding team, half these guys are going to get cut it would be much better to use our draft capital to take high tier prospects rather than just a guy. Right now the person I am most excited about in this draft is a freaking UDFA guard.

BigMeach

Reaction score
Who makes a grade poll with only options B and worse? lmfao

chet380

Reaction score
randomation":14e6t25c said:
C those complaining about others complaining need to understand this we had a chance to take an elite tackle prospect who dropped because the Giants are idiots in fact we had two chances. We could have taken Ram and then taken Brantly in the third to fulfill our dline needs. We also have used our 4 third to manuver around in the second and take obi. Right now we have what ten picks? That's great if you are a rebuilding team, half these guys are going to get cut it would be much better to our draft capital to take high tier prospects rather than just a guy. Right now the person I am most excited about in this draft is a freaking UDFA guard.
Our #58 and 2 third-rounders would have landed Obi instead of the "meh" OL we got.

Since 1976, this is the first Hawks draft where there isn't a single player who I'm excited about.

Josea16

Reaction score
Boy, the poll options tell anybody with brains what the intentions of the OP are right to your face. Sorry but I decline your offer kind sir.

randomation

Reaction score
chet380":1kdh6c8d said:
randomation":1kdh6c8d said:
C those complaining about others complaining need to understand this we had a chance to take an elite tackle prospect who dropped because the Giants are idiots in fact we had two chances. We could have taken Ram and then taken Brantly in the third to fulfill our dline needs. We also have used our 4 third to manuver around in the second and take obi. Right now we have what ten picks? That's great if you are a rebuilding team, half these guys are going to get cut it would be much better to our draft capital to take high tier prospects rather than just a guy. Right now the person I am most excited about in this draft is a freaking UDFA guard.
Our #58 and 2 third-rounders would have landed Obi instead of the "meh" OL we got.

Since 1976, this is the first Hawks draft where there isn't a single player who I'm excited about.

I like Roos a lot and was really surprised he was a UDFA but yeah we came out of this with a bunch of guys many of whome won't make the team.

u0087966

Reaction score
chet380":370m27vf said:
randomation":370m27vf said:

I agree with this. I was hoping they would have taken that 2nd pick in the second round and combined it with another pick to get Obi.

I'm not a big fan of quantity over quality with the team we have. I can see one of those third rounders not even making the team.