Grade the Seahawks Draft

Which grade would you give the Seahawks for this Draft?

• B

Votes: 39 45.3%
  • C

Votes: 27 31.4%
  • D

Votes: 16 18.6%
  • F

Votes: 4 4.7%

• Total voters

Josea16

Reaction score
u0087966":35mu2ppc said:
chet380":35mu2ppc said:
randomation":35mu2ppc said:
C those complaining about others complaining need to understand this we had a chance to take an elite tackle prospect who dropped because the Giants are idiots in fact we had two chances. We could have taken Ram and then taken Brantly in the third to fulfill our dline needs. We also have used our 4 third to manuver around in the second and take obi. Right now we have what ten picks? That's great if you are a rebuilding team, half these guys are going to get cut it would be much better to our draft capital to take high tier prospects rather than just a guy. Right now the person I am most excited about in this draft is a freaking UDFA guard.
Our #58 and 2 third-rounders would have landed Obi instead of the "meh" OL we got.

Since 1976, this is the first Hawks draft where there isn't a single player who I'm excited about.

I agree with this. I was hoping they would have taken that 2nd pick in the second round and combined it with another pick to get Obi.

I'm not a big fan of quantity over quality with the team we have. I can see one of those third rounders not even making the team.
And this attitude you yourself admit to speaks volumes to your ability to seperate your football knowledge from how to understand and accept how the actual process works and the need to totally ignore NFL Madden, ESPN and the NFLN. The former is a classic mudraking organization while the latter is Goodell's whining b*******.

I'm confused as to why you're a Seahawk fan given the team is defense focused and said defense depends on quantity to find quality.... There is no avoiding other teams attempting to copy us. This draft went about well as possible. We actaully got a possible Marshawn clone and an for real Sidney Rice/Boldin mix.

irocdave

Reaction score
No one can judge this years draft right now, not the nut huggers of Pete and John or the naysayers. To put a stake in the ground either way is just dumb. yes, I'm talking to you sheoples that have the rose colored glasses on. History iof great drafts is not in favor of Pete and John since 2013, get off your high horses and let things play outs then call it what is players. The dynamic duo passed on numerous draft picks that were obvious hole fillers in this draft, if none pan out both Pete and John should loose their jobs. It will take 2 years to prove this out, as a fan, I'm not putting a stake in the ground either way. Just seems to be a lot of sheople on this site that blindly trust what is happening and so willing to bash other for their thoughts that counter theirs. I would put money on these same sheople having not followed the team in the early to mid 80's, let alone the black hole of the 90's. Ignorant is the word that comes to mind.

Rat

Reaction score
"You can't judge a draft until several years later"

No ****. A draft grade is a prediction; nothing more than an innocuous exercise during an otherwise slow time of the year. If I gave this draft a "D" (which I wouldn't because I think they did a fantastic job), it's just me saying I don't think the players will ultimately work out. I'm not saying "this is how it will always be and there's zero chance the players will perform well". Nobody is saying that, but the superfans still jump in and act offended by speculation. It's no different than the season prediction threads, but I never see anyone whining in those. I mean, you can't accurately judge a season until after it's over.

u0087966

Reaction score
Josea16":3coheqty said:
u0087966":3coheqty said:
chet380":3coheqty said:
randomation":3coheqty said:
C those complaining about others complaining need to understand this we had a chance to take an elite tackle prospect who dropped because the Giants are idiots in fact we had two chances. We could have taken Ram and then taken Brantly in the third to fulfill our dline needs. We also have used our 4 third to manuver around in the second and take obi. Right now we have what ten picks? That's great if you are a rebuilding team, half these guys are going to get cut it would be much better to our draft capital to take high tier prospects rather than just a guy. Right now the person I am most excited about in this draft is a freaking UDFA guard.
Our #58 and 2 third-rounders would have landed Obi instead of the "meh" OL we got.

Since 1976, this is the first Hawks draft where there isn't a single player who I'm excited about.

I agree with this. I was hoping they would have taken that 2nd pick in the second round and combined it with another pick to get Obi.

I'm not a big fan of quantity over quality with the team we have. I can see one of those third rounders not even making the team.
And this attitude you yourself admit to speaks volumes to your ability to seperate your football knowledge from how to understand and accept how the actual process works and the need to totally ignore NFL Madden, ESPN and the NFLN. The former is a classic mudraking organization while the latter is Goodell's whining b*******.

I'm confused as to why you're a Seahawk fan given the team is defense focused and said defense depends on quantity to find quality.... There is no avoiding other teams attempting to copy us. This draft went about well as possible. We actaully got a possible Marshawn clone and an for real Sidney Rice/Boldin mix.

You're too funny.....because I don't agree with the Hawks picks makes me lack football IQ and not a Hawk fan? You seem a bit butt-hurt from my comments.

I base my opinion on what I see on film and results from the combine. In my opinion, I believe Obi would have given the Hawks flexibility in base sets. He is fast enough to play corner and big enough to play strong safety or olb. I guess you'll see it if you watch the Raiders play next year.

Blindly agreeing with everything doesn't make you a "better fan" it makes you a fan who lacks critical thinking skills.

Oh....to very my Madden skills, please look at the draft pick #102 thread. Prior to that pick, I stated it would be Amara Darboh, 15 minutes later at pick #106, who did the Hawks draft? Oh, it was Amara. Imagine that.

chris98251

Reaction score
randomation":7ckm8624 said:
C those complaining about others complaining need to understand this we had a chance to take an elite tackle prospect who dropped because the Giants are idiots in fact we had two chances. We could have taken Ram and then taken Brantly in the third to fulfill our dline needs. We also have used our 4 third to manuver around in the second and take obi. Right now we have what ten picks? That's great if you are a rebuilding team, half these guys are going to get cut it would be much better to use our draft capital to take high tier prospects rather than just a guy. Right now the person I am most excited about in this draft is a freaking UDFA guard.

There were NO ELITE Tackles, Guards, or Centers in this draft, there were prospected good and that's being kind. If there were Elite, teams would have been trading up and drafting them ahead of the reaches at QB and the Safeties taken.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
u0087966":2wcpker8 said:
chet380":2wcpker8 said:
randomation":2wcpker8 said:

Obi has the potential to be one of the biggest busts in the draft. He fell into the 2nd round in a great DB draft. Ramczyk and Robinson fell into the 2nd round in a terrible OL draft. Additionally, while I will entertain criticisms of Tom Cable, nobody has ever questioned Pete's ability to evaluate defensive backs.

Think about the implications of all that.

endzorn

Reaction score
I tend to think we overrate the importance of a rookie class on the ensuing season, so I'm not upset that we didn't necessarily get a crop of immediate impact players. Most of these guys will provide quality depth and play special teams and won't contribute much unless someone gets hurt. Long term I can see what the plan was with this draft. I think they anticipate some attrition in the secondary next season so they want to add young guys now and hope some provide answers in 2018.

I think McDowell needs some real work on his counter moves, but letting him play 8-10 snaps a game this season should help keep his motor running. I actually think the biggest contributor this season will be Jones as a rotational 1 or Zero.

The guy I'm most excited about this year is Jefferson. He looked like he had legit skill last preseason and with a full year of learning how to be a pro, how to prepare his body and where he fits should help him make a much bigger impact.

Josea16

Reaction score

You're too funny.....because I don't agree with the Hawks picks makes me lack football IQ and not a Hawk fan? You seem a bit butt-hurt from my comments.

I base my opinion on what I see on film and results from the combine. In my opinion, I believe Obi would have given the Hawks flexibility in base sets. He is fast enough to play corner and big enough to play strong safety or olb. I guess you'll see it if you watch the Raiders play next year.

Blindly agreeing with everything doesn't make you a "better fan" it makes you a fan who lacks critical thinking skills.

Oh....to very my Madden skills, please look at the draft pick #102 thread. Prior to that pick, I stated it would be Amara Darboh, 15 minutes later at pick #106, who did the Hawks draft? Oh, it was Amara. Imagine that.
I suggest you get some good cheese for that whine. Obi has as much chance to be a huge bust as to panning out. I think I'll go with the guy that made his chops in this sport on knowing DB's then your opinion.