Graham Pissed @ Bevell?

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
semiahmoo":1pci4ry4 said:
Jimmy seemed agitated during much of this game and after his TD was downright subdued/sullen as if to say, "SEE, THEY GET ME THE BALL I GET IT DONE!!!"

So many times I see Bevell using Graham to block for yet another crappy running play. When Graham is utilized as a receiver, even if he isn't targeted, he's often pulling at least a double-team thus freeing up other receivers.

I see Graham as a world-class talent who, under a more TE-knowledgeable OC, could have have an amazing/league dominating season with Wilson/Baldwin etc.

But maybe that's just me and Bevell is in fact a offensive genius who is already utilizing Graham to the best of Graham's abilities...

The real question is, at MINN did his failure to utilize a TE and over-reliance on AP lead to Favre's injuries and downfall? History is the best fortune teller.

The Breh

Reaction score
How many shit calls in the redzone we didn't score on and Jimmy wasn't targeted ??!
Why do we have him ?
I thought he was brought in for these kind of plays, but no-another corner fade to Kearse.
This shit is maddening!

Hendo66

Reaction score
You can't make this sh!t up.
It really is a travesty that should have been dealt with a long time ago.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Popeyejones":vfmtuqwg said:
semiahmoo":vfmtuqwg said:
Jimmy seemed agitated during much of this game and after his TD was downright subdued/sullen as if to say, "SEE, THEY GET ME THE BALL ..

Remember how before he got traded Hawks fans thought "I'm Jimmy" was the biggest POS/fake tough guy in the NFL? Always scowling and skulking and staring and stomping around and so on?

He has always been like this and is likely always gonna be like this.

Shh. No making sense around here this close to a loss, dude.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
:lol: Sailor.

I know you're kidding, but also kinda not kidding.

Srsly tho, that wasn't a knock on Hawks fans or Graham, just a way to say I honestly don't think that was Graham acting that out of the ordinary. He's always been that dude.

Will delete it out though. :2thumbs:

cymatica

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":1fo59qql said:
Lots of witch hunting on this thread I see. Clearly the offense wasn't the culprit today. And Jimmy and Bev are just fine.
See, I didn't need 30 posts on the subject to get my point across. A person does that many on one subject and you know their argument doesn't have a leg to stand on.

What point? That you blindly support Bevell no matter what, the OL is just fine, and anyone who questions this team is not a fan?

I guess you think 7 goaline plays with 0 points, abandoning the run right when it works, not using Graham correctly if at all, and 0 yards in the first quarter is just fine. 14 of the points came in the final minutes out of desparation and some late game heroics.

Yes the defense blew it, but the offense was the culprit for more than half the game

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
cymatica":23b06jfw said:
Siouxhawk":23b06jfw said:
Lots of witch hunting on this thread I see. Clearly the offense wasn't the culprit today. And Jimmy and Bev are just fine.
See, I didn't need 30 posts on the subject to get my point across. A person does that many on one subject and you know their argument doesn't have a leg to stand on.

What point? That you blindly support Bevell no matter what, the OL is just fine, and anyone who questions this team is not a fan?

I guess you think 7 goaline plays with 0 points, abandoning the run right when it works, not using Graham correctly if at all, and 0 yards in the first quarter is just fine. 14 of the points came in the final minutes out of desparation and some late game heroics.

Yes the defense blew it, but the offense was the culprit for more than half the game
First of all, scoring 31 in a game normally merits a win. I love our defense, but it was sure exploited today, especially in the fourth quarter when we needed a stop.

I thought Bevell called a great game. Four different receivers caught TD passes. It's the same old problem -- poor run blocking execution produces little on the ground. It was nice to see Collins bull his way with some nice carries though.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
Popeyejones":30zvnj0j said:
:lol: Sailor.

I know you're kidding, but also kinda not kidding.

Srsly tho, that wasn't a knock on Hawks fans or Graham, just a way to say I honestly don't think that was Graham acting that out of the ordinary. He's always been that dude.

Will delete it out though. :2thumbs:

Naw, no need to delete anything. That's just the truth, whether folks see it or not.

scrummymustard

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":7ygf6oh5 said:
cymatica":7ygf6oh5 said:
Siouxhawk":7ygf6oh5 said:

First of all, scoring 31 in a game normally merits a win. I love our defense, but it was sure exploited today, especially in the fourth quarter when we needed a stop.

I thought Bevell called a great game. Four different receivers caught TD passes. It's the same old problem -- poor run blocking execution produces little on the ground. It was nice to see Collins bull his way with some nice carries though.

You thought Bevell called a great game? What about the 7 plays in the red zone right before halftime that resulted in 0 yards? That resulted in 0 targets for arguably the best red zone option in the entire NFL with Graham. And those same plays, where Graham who is honestly a top 10 playmaker in the Nfl is pass blocking inside the 10 when we are down 2 scores?

There is literally nothing you can say to defend that. He had 2 targets tonight. 2. How is that even possible.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
scrummymustard":qdmbsm29 said:
Siouxhawk":qdmbsm29 said:
cymatica":qdmbsm29 said:
Siouxhawk":qdmbsm29 said:

You thought Bevell called a great game? What about the 7 plays in the red zone right before halftime that resulted in 0 yards? That resulted in 0 targets for arguably the best red zone option in the entire NFL with Graham. And those same plays, where Graham who is honestly a top 10 playmaker in the Nfl is pass blocking inside the 10 when we are down 2 touchdowns?

There is literally nothing you can say to defend that. He had 2 targets tonight. 2. How is that even possible.
Just because he had just 2 targets, doesn't mean he wasn't running the routes. Russ has to, you know, throw the ball in his direction.
Also, if you've watched this team, you would know that our offensive line is really struggling right now. That results in way too many hurries in which Russ doesn't have time to set up to throw, let alone make any reads. That's the biggest issue with our offense.
We scored 31. That s should win you most games. We needed defensive stops and didn't get them.

Danny Darko

Reaction score
The defense was partially burdened by Bevell's constant wish to throw middle to deep in the face of zero protection. He has not adjusted when Wilson is getting worked over to move to pressure release passing and deception play action (I realize Wilson isn't as mobile as previously and that he has done that in the past), but this year he is making so many mistakes out of stubborn hubris.

Scoring that many points the way we did late isn't that impressive and surely the Defense would have faired better if they didn't have to be on the field so much.

To the point of the thread- Wow Bevell has taken a diamond and put it on the heel his shoe. Graham should want out, and frankly we could use the space to sign O-line, but I'd rather axe D.B. after the season and find a new play caller. Lynch is right- Vannett would have been better to just act as another lineman.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
Danny Darko":1hk8wlf5 said:
The defense was partially burdened by Bevell's constant wish to throw middle to deep in the face of zero protection. He has not adjusted when Wilson is getting worked over to move to pressure release passing and deception play action (I realize Wilson isn't as mobile as previously and that he has done that in the past), but this year he is making so many mistakes out of stubborn hubris.

Scoring that many points the way we did late isn't that impressive and surely the Defense would have faired better if they didn't have to be on the field so much.

To the point of the thread- Wow Bevell has taken a diamond and put it on the heel his shoe. Graham should want out, and frankly we could use the space to sign O-line, but I'd rather axe D.B. after the season and find a new play caller. Lynch is right- Vannett would have been better to just act as another lineman.

Time of possession:

Cardinals - 26:18

Seahawks - 33:42

Do people even think to double check before spouting off here?

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Thanks, you beat me to the TOP to silence that last erroneous post.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":2f6gr07x said:
You've got to love a thread like this.

Graham wants a trade, so do others.

Graham should tell them it's Bevell or him (errr... what is he going to retire?)

And presumably all of these people think Pete Carroll stands by Bevell and keeps him just to troll the team and prevent it from succeeding.

Or maybe, just maybe, the Seahawks scored 31 points today and what actually cost them was the pathetic OL, the streaky defense and the abysmal special teams?

Scapegoat.net
What's your excuse going to be when we get a new OC and our offense is considerably better AND more consistent? (It will eventually happen; I can only pray it starts for the 2017 season.)

Start compiling a private list of 'em now, because you're going to need them in the future. Reinvesting in the O-line, better offensive personnel drafting, Russell knows the offense better, magical unicorns, whatever.

scrummymustard

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":alfr4v3t said:
scrummymustard":alfr4v3t said:

You thought Bevell called a great game? What about the 7 plays in the red zone right before halftime that resulted in 0 yards? That resulted in 0 targets for arguably the best red zone option in the entire NFL with Graham. And those same plays, where Graham who is honestly a top 10 playmaker in the Nfl is pass blocking inside the 10 when we are down 2 touchdowns?

Just because he had just 2 targets, doesn't mean he wasn't running the routes. Russ has to, you know, throw the ball in his direction.
Also, if you've watched this team, you would know that our offensive line is really struggling right now. That results in way too many hurries in which Russ doesn't have time to set up to throw, let alone make any reads. That's the biggest issue with our offense.
We scored 31. That s should win you most games. We needed defensive stops and didn't get them.

when passing inside the 10 yard line, the offensive line is irrelevant.

Here's a concept for you, how about motioning Graham out wide from the 3 point stance to be isolated 1v1? You either take the fade or the quick slant, and the offensive line can literally block no one and it doesn't matter.

When you place him on the line and have these longer developing routes, especially with this OL that is stuggling, the play is doomed from the start.

Go and watch the touchdowns he scored in New Orleans, the majority of them weren't some exotic play calls, they just were plays that were put in place to play to his strengths, whether it be high pointing balls or boxing out smaller DBs. He is one of the best playmakers in the league, especially inside the 10.

Bevell and the staff needs to stop treating him like he is Zach Miller, especially in the Red Zone, and let him actually run the routes of WRs. It's hysterical that you defend a coaching staff that treats a once in a generation talent like he is just another guy. We are one of the WORST red zone teams the NFL.

chris98251

Reaction score
They should have been using him as a WR from day one, I really thought we brought him here initially for that purpose, he functions so much better off the line then as a in line blocker and or a decoy.

We have had a multitude of guys that would be better blockers that can catch the ball, may not be receivers first. I think so many of us seen this same thing happen with Zach Miller, Pro bowl TE with great hands that could block well, never seen the ball until desperation time like the Atlanta game. Who was our OC then hmmmmmmm.