Graham Pissed @ Bevell?

OP
OP
S

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Seymour":2h81s7jo said:
Graham not only should be pissed at Bevell, asking for a trade would be a wise career move. I would not blame him 1 bit if he did. Ridiculous they don't get him the ball more given the obvious matchup problems he creates. But no, we make him a blocker because in Tom we trust and in Tom we fail.... Sad, sad use of talent.

TRUTH.

And given the flashes of absolute brilliance he's shown this season coming back from that injury, there are likely more than a few teams who would love to take Graham and his salary on.

C'mon RW - start throwing those franchise QB elbows at the front office and get this team sorted out during the off season. I want to see Graham and Wilson kicking ass for the next few seasons with another legit run at a Super Bowl.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Do the plays Bevell calls magically make the O-Line block better?

No?

RussB

Reaction score
razor150":3572dr3r said:
semiahmoo":3572dr3r said:
RussB":3572dr3r said:
Bevell is wasting his talent, hes not a role player hes a superstar. Yet they play him as if hes a role player and hes a non factor in most games.

Thats like brady not throwing to gronk.

Well said.

If Bevell was Brady's OC that is exactly what would happen. It is maddening. Why the hell would you have Graham block so you can put a receiving out in a route that isn't even half the player Graham is? It makes no sense. Bevell can't and doesn't utilize the talent this team has properly, and I don't see how anyone can defend Graham blocking instead of someone like Willson or Vannet.
Exactly, bevell thinks hes being tricky and sneaky with this type of playcalling but hes really just being moronic. He doesnt know how to utilize a beast like graham and deserves to be fired for that alone. Ive seen TES with less talent be utulized and be more offective than graham has this season.

Give seattle the patriots OC and i can gaurantee you graham would be killing teams every week like gronk does.

OP
OP
S

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Basis4day":c6wg7k8e said:
Do the plays Bevell calls magically make the O-Line block better?

No?

The O'Line is bad, but that doesn't alter the fact we have a world-class TE being made to block.

So with that in mind, your question begs a different one:

"Does the crappy O-Line make Bevell playcall better?"

RussB

Reaction score
It just baffles me and i cant say enough how stupid it is. They got graham and pay him all this money to use him as some decoy role player that gets 1-2 targets a game.

Seriously fire this clown bevell hire a competent OC .

cymatica

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":219i0fzi said:
Or maybe, just maybe, the Seahawks scored 31 points today and what actually cost them was the pathetic OL, the streaky defense and the abysmal special teams?

Scapegoat.net

Yes the pathetic OL and def played their part. But you can't seriously look at the first half and think Bevell had a plan for success. Then in the second half Collins gets rolling, the run game starts to click, and Bevell completely abandons it on the next drive. Remember the 7 goaline plays resulting in 0 points? Or that horrid 4th and short call. How about not utilizing an all pro tight end all game.

The 31 points came from some late game heroics by some fantastic players and Bevell finally pulling his head out. Look at the first half. Run the exact same gameplan as always, no matter the oponent. There was zero variety of calls in the run game. Where are the trap plays, misdirection, tosses, sweeps. Actually, have we ever run a toss play to a HB at all this season?

OP
OP
S

semiahmoo

Reaction score
RussB":iv5fjmfl said:
It just baffles me and i cant say enough how stupid it is. They got graham and pay him all this money to use him as some decoy role player that gets 1-2 targets a game.

Seriously fire this clown bevell hire a competent OC .

And I am 100% convinced that was the message Graham was sending after his TD. He did very little celebrating but instead took a seat on the bench and fumed.

He's got to be thinking that if they would target him like that far more often, similar results would happen = more touchdowns, first downs, OFFENSIVE FIREPOWER.

Have 2 TEs out there. One to block, and Graham to receive where he belongs and where he's such a difficult matchup that requires teams to either double-team (freeing up another receiver and/or LBs to fall back a bit, thus opening potential holes for RB's, etc.)

It's not rocket-science, and yet, Bevell seems to be clueless.

OR, as some suggested, he was purposely NOT targeting Graham for long periods tonight due to an already-existing fallout? Maybe Jimmy sided with Sherman and others regarding concerns w/Bevell?

Don't know, but something was sure strange and the announcers noted it as well. They were equally confused by the lack of Jimmy Graham's implementation in the offense. And tonight was not the first game that had the announcers making note of Graham's lack of inclusion in the offensive play-calling.

IrishNW

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":ri0l2idl said:
You've got to love a thread like this.

Graham wants a trade, so do others.

Graham should tell them it's Bevell or him (errr... what is he going to retire?)

And presumably all of these people think Pete Carroll stands by Bevell and keeps him just to troll the team and prevent it from succeeding.

Or maybe, just maybe, the Seahawks scored 31 points today and what actually cost them was the pathetic OL, the streaky defense and the abysmal special teams?

Scapegoat.net

So why do you like Bevel so much? The dudes terrible

OP
OP
S

semiahmoo

Reaction score
IrishNW":30d68w68 said:
theENGLISHseahawk":30d68w68 said:

Graham should tell them it's Bevell or him (errr... what is he going to retire?)

And presumably all of these people think Pete Carroll stands by Bevell and keeps him just to troll the team and prevent it from succeeding.

Scapegoat.net

Indeed. I'm all for supporting our Hawks, but that doesn't mean we do so blindly and not call out trouble where trouble surely exists. And it's not just many of the fans calling for Bevell to go, it appears to be some of the players as well.

djb28

Reaction score
If this team does not put together an O line in the draft or free agency so Bladwin, Graham , and Lockett can shine I will be damned if I pay for Sunday ticket to watch this mess again. Ill buy myself something nice with what I save.

bighawk

Reaction score
Graham came from being the #1 target to the 3rd or 4th which is sad. There is too much talent offensively to be struggling. Cable has had long enough to get this line fixed. Time to get someone who can. This is all on Carroll for allowing this ineptitude to happen. Go hawks!

Redsand187

Reaction score
Jimmy has to stick around to block to make up for the weak OL. They think don't need a big dollar OL, they just supplement it by having superstar receiver blocking. They are paying him more than the whole OL and using him to make up for the weak OL.

Jimmy is a great player, so either trade him to a team that will actually use him, or fix your OL so you can use him yourself. There is no reason to basically remove on of the best TE's from the game by making him an supplemental lineman.

chris98251

Reaction score
If you all remember Bevell, would sit or not use formations with Lynch or call plays with him as the decoy, they would run Turbin or another back as a way to try to make a point with Lynch as well.

We all knew there was a relationship issue there, then the goal line call that I think the players remember and that kind of set the distaste in the mouth of fans and players alike going forward.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":2ehds3hf said:
Can someone legitimately answer why Bevell doesn't stick with plays that are working?
I've got a theory but it's X-Mas and I'm trying to play nice. 8)

cymatica

Reaction score
Redsand187":w5npu3wz said:
Jimmy has to stick around to block to make up for the weak OL. They think don't need a big dollar OL, they just supplement it by having superstar receiver blocking. They are paying him more than the whole OL and using him to make up for the weak OL.

Jimmy is a great player, so either trade him to a team that will actually use him, or fix your OL so you can use him yourself. There is no reason to basically remove on of the best TE's from the game by making him an supplemental lineman.

I just figured it out. We drafted(traded for duh) Graham so 1 of the other 32 teams can't use him against us.

Seriously though, paying one guy more than the whole o-line, then keeping him in to help block for said o-line, kind of sounds silly doesn't it?

Seanhawk

Reaction score
cymatica":grbq97u9 said:
Redsand187":grbq97u9 said:

I just figured it out. We drafted Graham so 1 of the other 32 teams can't use him against us.

Seriously though, paying one guy more than the whole o-line, then keeping him in to help block for said o-line, kind of sounds silly doesn't it?

We drafted Graham?

randomation

Reaction score
Frankly with Lock hurt stick him at the number 2 WR spot since we are paying him like that anyway and use Luke to block.

RussB

Reaction score
semiahmoo":1fr0lpeb said:
IrishNW":1fr0lpeb said:
theENGLISHseahawk":1fr0lpeb said:

Scapegoat.net

Indeed. I'm all for supporting our Hawks, but that doesn't mean we do so blindly and not call out trouble where trouble surely exists. And it's not just many of the fans calling for Bevell to go, it appears to be some of the players as well.
Hes a cancer to the team now. Nobody sees eye to eye with him and i gaurantee you players want him gone.

OP
OP
S

semiahmoo

Reaction score
cymatica":2qrmcvw6 said:
Redsand187":2qrmcvw6 said:

I just figured it out. We drafted Graham so 1 of the other 32 teams can't use him against us.

I know you mean we traded for Graham, and the general point you made is totally legit.

Pay one guy, a world class TE, more $$$ than the entire O-Line an then used him as a role player/supplemental blocker is just dumb on a level that is inexcusable.

And if Bevell is the primary culprit, which given his position as OC would indicate, then he should have been gone a long time ago. The fact he wasn't then falls on Pete. For all the credit he deserves for this remarkable 5 year run, keeping Bevell around will likely be remembers as Pete's greatest mistake.

cymatica

Reaction score
Seanhawk":spj32pms said:
cymatica":spj32pms said:
Redsand187":spj32pms said:

We drafted Graham?

Sorry, I bevelled that sentence.