Grateful tonight for a petulant child

Marvin49

Reaction score
pehawk":24nqoa71 said:
Marvin49":24nqoa71 said:
pehawk":24nqoa71 said:
Yes, I know when this new York started. I'm very aware. But, I think he stinks. I think, like I have for a decade, that the NFCW has 3 horrible owners and one good one. Quit acting like our opinions are reactionary, Goth Girl, they aren't.

Oh..well if you think that then all right then. Write it up as fact.

When I wrote that post I was referring to the overwhelming majority BTW. Not every single person.

Chill. Your team won. Stop being grumpy and enjoy it.

I'm chill but you're annoying. York got his stadium...times are a changing...buckle up.

Did you know the model for Borland's arms, the T-Rex, was actually a scavenger?

Yer funny. :D

Popeyejones

Reaction score
hawkfan68":11kuocul said:
Until the 49ers get rid of Baalke, they will continue to have problems.

What a difference a Super Bowl makes, eh?

I'd looooooooooooooove for the 9ers to have these "problems" for the rest of my life. Once you get into the playoffs it's a bit of a craphsoot, but the 9ers have gone to the NFCCC in three of four years, and had a fourth freaky year in which the team was just decimated by injuries and suspensions. Save for the Ravens, Seahawks, and Giants, every team in the league is envious of the 9ers last four seasons. It sucks for fans and the team in that they don't have another Super Bowl to show for it, but sneezing at what they've done is pretty foolhardy too, IMO.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Marvin49":3d0y08g3 said:
hawkfan68":3d0y08g3 said:
Baalke is a bigger problem than Harbaugh. The reason why the 49ers are declining is because of Baalke's decisions. I'm not a fan of Harbaugh but he's a damn good football coach. Baalke makes Ruskell look like a genius. Until the 49ers get rid of Baalke, they will continue to have problems. York chose Baalke over Harbaugh. That's why York is moron and doesn't have a clue about football.

Carlos Hyde, Chris Borland, and Aaron Lynch disagree with you...and that's just this year.

Borland got trucked by Russell Wilson and the niners would have scored a td if he blocked Wilson. They only saw the field because of injuries and will be shelved again once the injured players are back because they really aren't that good. Decent enough backups.

What do the 2012 draft picks say Marv?

Marvin49

Reaction score
rideaducati":2szqt8zz said:
Marvin49":2szqt8zz said:
hawkfan68":2szqt8zz said:
Baalke is a bigger problem than Harbaugh. The reason why the 49ers are declining is because of Baalke's decisions. I'm not a fan of Harbaugh but he's a damn good football coach. Baalke makes Ruskell look like a genius. Until the 49ers get rid of Baalke, they will continue to have problems. York chose Baalke over Harbaugh. That's why York is moron and doesn't have a clue about football.

Carlos Hyde, Chris Borland, and Aaron Lynch disagree with you...and that's just this year.

Borland got trucked by Russell Wilson and the niners would have scored a td if he blocked Wilson. They only saw the field because of injuries and will be shelved again once the injured players are back because they really aren't that good. Decent enough backups.

What do the 2012 draft picks say Marv?

2012 sucked. Not even gonna try to defend it.

Here's the thing tho...that is one of FIVE drafts he's presided over.

Borland will probably go back to the bench, but Lynch and Hyde will likely start next year.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Marvin49":1xii8ju9 said:

Borland will probably go back to the bench, but Lynch and Hyde will likely start next year.

Don't even bother, dude. If Harbaugh was staying and Baalke was leaving the ranting would be about how the 9ers are idiots for not realizing how destructive Harbaugh is and how Baalke really built the team which Harbaugh under-performed with. There's really no point. ;)

pehawk

Reaction score
Popeyejones":z49gr0hl said:
Marvin49":z49gr0hl said:

Don't even bother, dude. If Harbaugh was staying and Baalke was leaving the ranting would be about how the 9ers are idiots for not realizing how destructive Harbaugh is and how Baalke really built the team which Harbaugh under-performed with. There's really no point. ;)

No, I've been saying the drafts have been a farce since Scot Mc left.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
pehawk":3ov1zcyo said:
Popeyejones":3ov1zcyo said:
Marvin49":3ov1zcyo said:

No, I've been saying the drafts have been a farce since Scot Mc left.
Same here. Too many dent and ding picks, not drafting receivers that fit what Kaepernick does, and over valuing compensatory picks.

homerun1970

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2klote5d said:
hawkfan68":2klote5d said:

I'd looooooooooooooove for the 9ers to have these "problems" for the rest of my life. Once you get into the playoffs it's a bit of a craphsoot, but the 9ers have gone to the NFCCC in three of four years, and had a fourth freaky year in which the team was just decimated by injuries and suspensions. Save for the Ravens, Seahawks, and Giants, every team in the league is envious of the 9ers last four seasons. It sucks for fans and the team in that they don't have another Super Bowl to show for it, but sneezing at what they've done is pretty foolhardy too, IMO.

The point of the thread would be that he is about to fire the coach that brought him there. I can't stand Harbaugh but your ownership isn't dancing with the one who brought them. The ownership instead insulted in the media by apologizing a coach that is a winner albeit an ass to deal with. Do you think his arrogance is going to let that pass or do you think he's out of there.
Who is going to replace him? The odds of someone trading for him and giving you picks went out the window when York went into the media. I would rate that probably as high as the lets trade Kap and our 1st for the number one pick in the draft pipe dreams I read on webzone and take Mariota. You don't alienate the coach in the media without a exit plan and I see no one out there to fill his shoes.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
homerun1970":2e0bve64 said:
Popeyejones":2e0bve64 said:
hawkfan68":2e0bve64 said:

The point of the thread would be that he is about to fire the coach that brought him there. I can't stand Harbaugh but your ownership isn't dancing with the one who brought them. The ownership instead insulted in the media by apologizing a coach that is a winner albeit an ass to deal with. Do you think his arrogance is going to let that pass or do you think he's out of there.
Who is going to replace him? The odds of someone trading for him and giving you picks went out the window when York went into the media. I would rate that probably as high as the lets trade Kap and our 1st for the number one pick in the draft pipe dreams I read on webzone and take Mariota. You don't alienate the coach in the media without a exit plan and I see no one out there to fill his shoes.

TBH beyond catastrophizing Hawks fans who get their kicks by concern trolling 9ers fans here, I haven't heard anybody claim the sky is falling over York's tweet from a month ago. Save for reporting that it happened, it's nothing.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Popeyejones":3koc62wu said:
hawkfan68":3koc62wu said:

So you enjoy coming in 2nd or 3rd do you? You'd like to see you team fail to make or win Superbowl year after year and see a division rival do what your team couldn't. Yeah....right!

Without Harbaugh, SF wouldn't be contenders. Look at the years prior to Harbaugh taking over as proof. Virtually the same players that were the nucleus of the team. Yet the team underachieved before Harbaugh. Baalke's team underachieving....not a surprise.

hoxrox

Reaction score
When you got big egos, type A personalities and a passive-aggressive owner, that's the results you're gonna get. I'm not a fan of Harbaugh, but he should have gotten a raise, and given the support he needed. Money is respect in this league, Harbaugh felt slighted, and bumping his pay prior to this year would have been the smart business decision.

On the other hand, Harbaugh and Roman trying to turn that offense into something it isn't, was bad coaching. Bevell almost did the same thing this year but Carroll quickly corrected that...

Sure, injuries played a role, but dysfunction and questionable leadership are the main culprits for the 49ers demise today, and in the foreseeable future.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
hawkfan68":39iccad7 said:
Popeyejones":39iccad7 said:

So you enjoy coming in 2nd or 3rd do you? You'd like to see you team fail to make or win Superbowl year after year and see a division rival do what your team couldn't. Yeah....right!

As I already said, what a difference a Super Bowl makes, eh?

I've watched my team win multiple Super Bowls and be a dynasty, and I've also watched my team be one of the worst in the NFL.

In the grand scheme of things, being a couple bounces away from three Super Bowls in a row, and one bounce away from a Super Bowl win is nothing to sneeze at. I've gotten a ton of enjoyment out of the past four years. Claiming otherwise would be like claiming that Hawks fandom was pointless and idiotic until Feb of last year (which would be a stupid claim).

Without Harbaugh, SF wouldn't be contenders. Look at the years prior to Harbaugh taking over as proof. Virtually the same players that were the nucleus of the team. Yet the team underachieved before Harbaugh. Baalke's team underachieving....not a surprise.
[/quote]

Yeah, I know, you guys hated Harbaugh and thought he sucked as a coach until he's leaving, and now you're concern trolling about him leaving. If Kaepernick was leaving it would be the exact same story. I just don't take it that seriously. Baalke and Harbaugh came in at the same time. On balance I like what Harbaugh has done (although he, like eveyone, has also under-performed in some areas) just as on balance I like what Ballke has done (although he, like everyone, has also under-performed in some areas). It will be interesting to see who outperforms the other moving forward, although I'm surely not going to faint on any couches because Hawks fans are confusing their preference for the worst for 9ers and the best for Harbaugh with a level-headed prediction.

pehawk

Reaction score
Again, I actually said Harbaugh would kill it in that gig, but flame out in an odd way. I wasn't alone in that. Quit assuming no one can objectively speak about the 49ers, Popeye.

pehawk

Reaction score
Scottemojo":24z02cuj said:
I too predicted he would Brian Billick the gig.

Yes you did. Too be fair, mine was more a Woody Hayes meltdown prediction, but, the vibe's the same.

On Harbaugh, I think he's better for this ordeal. He'll be a tough pill for NE, Jets and Bills thorn for a long time. I think Harbaugh is taking his talents to South Beach.

And now, even though no one will admit it, coaches will think twice about going to Santa Clara. The Singeltary's and Nolans are that orgs normal, and now we know why.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
pehawk":3rhizkbt said:
Scottemojo":3rhizkbt said:

Yes you did. Too be fair, mine was more a Woody Hayes meltdown prediction, but, the vibe's the same.

On Harbaugh, I think he's better for this ordeal. He'll be a tough pill for NE, Jets and Bills thorn for a long time. I think Harbaugh is taking his talents to South Beach.

And now, even though no one will admit it, coaches will think twice about going to Santa Clara. The Singeltary's and Nolans are that orgs normal, and now we know why.
While I could see a couple of names avoiding the franchise, primarily because the roster is aging, it is considered by some idiots to be an elite franchise. Whatever that means. It would appeal to some big name.

Imagine if they hired the Baylor HC?

Popeyejones

Reaction score
pehawk":3hpchfgw said:
I wasn't alone in that. Quit assuming no one can objectively speak about the 49ers, Popeye.

I have assumed or implied nothing of the sort. Plenty of people, and no shortage of people here, are capable of thinking and speaking objectively about both the Seahawks and the 9ers. Other's aren't. It's not that interesting of an observation, IMO.

pehawk

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3a8o47py said:
pehawk":3a8o47py said:
Scottemojo":3a8o47py said:

While I could see a couple of names avoiding the franchise, primarily because the roster is aging, it is considered by some idiots to be an elite franchise. Whatever that means. It would appeal to some big name.

Imagine if they hired the Baylor HC?

I think Pete's recent comments on the topic of Harbaugh was him defending someone else in the coaching fraternity. He was defending one of their own, and most likely echoed the thoughts of a lot of them. The stench of how this is going down will linger for quite awhile.

Plus, how far removed are they from being the franchise known for penny pinching? Not that far.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
If they hire Tomsula, you will have your penny pinching answer.

That fanbase is going to implode if they go cheap on a coach after pretty much tripling ticket prices at the new digs.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2ppo25ae said:
If they hire Tomsula, you will have your penny pinching answer.

I think they will promote Tomsula, but I don't think it will be about pinching pennies (they have the highest paid coaching staff in the NFL, and it's not really close -- one of the many reasons they've been able to retain everyone over these four years).

They'll promote Tomsula because they think they have a good thing going, and they don't want too much disruption from that. They know Tomsula is widely respected by the players, coaching staff, and front office, and promoting him will keep things in house and prevent disruption. Him getting outside HC interviews last year also probably gives some legitimacy to the promotion in their minds, IMO.

I think this is a huge mistake, but my guess is that this is what the logic will be.