Great Fan Video that will surely be taken down

LegionofDoh

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I'm the guy who made the video. Thank you for all the support and the views. I really appreciate the great feedback!

A few comments:

- I see a ton of highlight cuts that are edited to some Eminem track or either a hard-core rap song or hard-core rock song. There's usually no relationship between the music and the visuals. I was looking for music that would complement and accentuate the visuals, set the tone and tempo, and still feel... right. So I really appreciate the feedback on music. It's highly subjective.

- As for why YouTube hasn't pulled it down, I honestly don't know. I don't upload many videos, so I don't know how it all works. I'm not a member of AASCA or whatever, lol. Frankly, I expected it to be live for about a day or two. Didn't matter, I made this for me - uploading it was an afterthought. I know YouTube blocked it from mobile sites, but otherwise it's a mystery to me.

- One of you asked why I didn't show the Super Bowl highlights in order. Editorial choice. I wasn't trying to tell a linear story. I didn't with the regular season, I didn't with the playoffs. As you noted, we've all seen the Super Bowl highlights about 100 times, so there was no point in showing the same progression. As I waded through the clips, I was really taken by how dominant our D was. So I decided to bundle up the best defensive highlights and try to tell that story instead of replay the game. Again, editorial choice.

Anyways, thanks for the positive feedback! I'm quite happy the way it turned out.

suppaball

Reaction score
Cartire":gpwo6239 said:
suppaball":gpwo6239 said:
Laloosh":gpwo6239 said:
Great vid. Thanks for sharing!

Would love to know how he uploaded that much copyrighted audio w/out their software picking up.
He could be an ASCAP member. They can use whatever music they want. My dad is a member and uses a lot of music on videos he posts on the net.

I had never heard of ASCAP before. Very interesting, and it seems that nearly every performer is associated with them. I am confused on the eligibility requirements for membership.
I have no clue what the requirements are I do know all my dad said he needed to do was pay a fee for membership. You have to pay each year I do believe.

OP
OP
Cartire

Cartire

Reaction score
LegionofDoh":3ekj2qkz said:
Hey everyone! I'm the guy who made the video. Thank you for all the support and the views. I really appreciate the great feedback!

A few comments:

- I see a ton of highlight cuts that are edited to some Eminem track or either a hard-core rap song or hard-core rock song. There's usually no relationship between the music and the visuals. I was looking for music that would complement and accentuate the visuals, set the tone and tempo, and still feel... right. So I really appreciate the feedback on music. It's highly subjective.

- As for why YouTube hasn't pulled it down, I honestly don't know. I don't upload many videos, so I don't know how it all works. I'm not a member of AASCA or whatever, lol. Frankly, I expected it to be live for about a day or two. Didn't matter, I made this for me - uploading it was an afterthought. I know YouTube blocked it from mobile sites, but otherwise it's a mystery to me.

- One of you asked why I didn't show the Super Bowl highlights in order. Editorial choice. I wasn't trying to tell a linear story. I didn't with the regular season, I didn't with the playoffs. As you noted, we've all seen the Super Bowl highlights about 100 times, so there was no point in showing the same progression. As I waded through the clips, I was really taken by how dominant our D was. So I decided to bundle up the best defensive highlights and try to tell that story instead of replay the game. Again, editorial choice.

Anyways, thanks for the positive feedback! I'm quite happy the way it turned out.

Your work is excellent. Glad you could give us some insight on your decisions. Do you have any other projects we might look forward to in the future?

taz291819

Reaction score
suppaball":21ee9bdr said:
Laloosh":21ee9bdr said:
Great vid. Thanks for sharing!

Would love to know how he uploaded that much copyrighted audio w/out their software picking up.
He could be an ASCAP member. They can use whatever music they want. My dad is a member and uses a lot of music on videos he posts on the net.

That's not true, and could get you in a lot of trouble. Having an ASCAP or BMI license doesn't mean you can use music any way you want. In fact, you can NOT re-sync music to video. To do that, you have to have a license from not only the owner of the song, but also the recording studio. If you personally re-record vocals or instrumentals, then you still need a license from the owner, not the recording studio.

LegionofDoh

Reaction score
Cartire":2ez7htbs said:
Your work is excellent. Glad you could give us some insight on your decisions. Do you have any other projects we might look forward to in the future?

As a matter of fact, I just finished one piece (kind of a silly one). I've got another that I was just inspired to put together, but I'm thinking of holding it back until right before the start of the season.

I'll share a link for the first in a few days. :)