Great gif of Red trucking Iupati

vin.couve12

Reaction score
I've been saying for two years now that Red should be playing some 3 tech and not just 5. Specifically this year to get the best players on the field (Bennett outside).

I was amazed at the reaction by most of you at the thought of Red playing "inside" because of something Pete said 4 years ago. You CAN use your brain as well as your ears.....

CANHawk

Reaction score
Red didn't wrack up the stats, but he had a great game IMO. Tons of pressure. He was always just a half a hand away from grabbing Kap and hauling him down. If that was a "normal" QB, Red would have had 3 sacks on Sunday.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Jacksonville may want to activate their 3rd QB for Sunday. (Ricky Stanzi, though I had to google that.). Henne took 5 sacks against the Raiders. I'm pretty sure we're going to match that.

HawksFTW

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":2el7s2bt said:
That was actually a pretty annoying play on the night and a big gain for Kaepernick on the ground.

If Kam doesn't absorb the block and holds off, Kaepernick walks straight into him for a sack purely due to the interior pressure collapsing the pocket.

As soon as Kam engaged, he was out of the play.

Actually, Kaep didn't wind up running on this play. He slides left then hits Miller down the field for a 17 yard gain, and the first down. Wagner had him dead to rights if he did try to run, which is why Miller is open to begin with, I believe. As Wagner pulls up to stop Kaep from taking off, Miller sits down behind him in the vacated area.

hawker84

Reaction score
Mebane ran right past his man on that play as well. I really like Red in the tackle position, maybe that's a move we'll see more of when Clems and Irvin get back....We'll certainly have the depth to do it.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":33d5nopm said:
Jacksonville may want to activate their 3rd QB for Sunday. (Ricky Stanzi, though I had to google that.). Henne took 5 sacks against the Raiders. I'm pretty sure we're going to match that.

OMG we're going to ruin those guys...

themunn

Reaction score
Just think, in week 5 when Irvin is back, he'll be the guy rushing from the weakside instead of Kam, who is freed up to go into coverage and probably prevents the pass being made to the fullback (if somehow, Irvin doesn't get the sack in that position, which, with his speed seems very likely).

I am excited.

Norn Iron man

Reaction score
The defensive line as a whole looked great on Sunday night, looks to have really good depth which was a concern after Howard and McDonald were let go. McDonald played well when he was in. Interesting in that clip that Bennett seems to drop back into coverage, looks pretty fast doing it too

HawksFTW

Reaction score
It can't be overstated how good SF's line is, as well. Going back to the first game between SF and SEA last year, SF's oline absolutely mauled the Hawks. Sunday night was almost a near reversal of that game. It is very promising because Seattle's line will only get better, and the one guy who a lot of people are overlooking in this regard is Hill. If we can consistently get pressure up the middle with every line variation, just imagine how well our outside guys will mop up?

sc85sis

Reaction score
-The Glove-":1lyuw9pc said:
Anyone have issues with gifs on tapatalk?
The latest version on iPhone shows them properly if you click through to the full sized image. Haven't checked on my Nexus 7 Android tablet.

Latest posts