Hall of Famer Kenny Easley (update: he made it!)

Erebus

Reaction score
Canton is only a 5.5 hour drive from here. I'm thinking of going to his induction ceremony in August. Has anyone been to a HOF induction ceremony and know if there is much access to the inductees for autographs?

RiverDog

Reaction score
I'd like to thank JTB and a couple of the others for their participation on our debate on this subject. Your contributions have helped me form my argument to defend this selection in front of several arrogant Cowboy and Niners fans that I work with that will undoubtedly be looking to disrespect our guy.

Yoonhawk

Reaction score
It's so nice having multiple Hawks representing us in the Hall after so many years with just one (Largent).

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Yoonhawk":kxyw2doe said:
It's so nice having multiple Hawks representing us in the Hall after so many years with just one (Largent).

Who would have known the early 21st century would have been so good to the Seahawks. What a great day. 4 Seahawks now and some more to come!
easley

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
I sure hope the Clink has a huge and special ceremony for him next year. This was long overdue! 4 HOFers now and many more to come down the road...

two dog

Reaction score
Before the draft Kenny asked the Seahawks not to select him. He apparently
did not want to play for Seattle. Admittedly, the Seahawks were not a very good
team at the time.

Yet he played his entire career as a Seahawks and was the most intimidating
DB I ever saw. Apologies to Kam who is my current favorite player just as Easley
was in his day. Love those sledge hammers at the safety position.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Ronnie Lott and some historian guy in Minnesota kept Kenny on the radar.
It's kind of a cool story I try and find it later.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
two dog":z7fiv1o8 said:
team at the time.

DB I ever saw. Apologies to Kam who is my current favorite player just as Easley

This is kind of a downer to hear. If memory serves me correct he didn't really leave happy with us as well, then he had to retire. I wonder if he still has ill feelings towards Seattle.

Paschtorian

Reaction score
This is the best news EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He'll be standing alongside Largent, Kennedy, and Jones as winners of this (most) prestigious award.

BRAVO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RiverDog

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":2e1esxjs said:
two dog":2e1esxjs said:
team at the time.

This is kind of a downer to hear. If memory serves me correct he didn't really leave happy with us as well, then he had to retire. I wonder if he still has ill feelings towards Seattle.

Easley had some major grievances against the Seahawks over their treatment of his injuries and actually sued them over what he claims was their advice to take lots of Ibuprofen, which he claims damaged his liver and ended his career. The Hawks denied his claims. The case was settled out of court. But that was nearly two decades ago. I doubt that there's so much as a drop of bad blood remaining.

I'm not holding his not wanting to play for us in the beginning against him. A lot of players express a desire not to play for specific teams. Once he was here, he put that aside and played his guts out for us.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
NFLshop does not have a Vintage Easley jersey up for sale yet. I wonder how long it will take. I want to order one!!!!

ChiefHawk

Reaction score
Aros":3836rz1h said:
This is almost as good as a Seahawks Super Bowl Championship. A great and long overdue day for Kenny. Ronnie Lott would be the first one to say "It's about damn time!"

Ronnie Lott deserves credit for an assist on this - he never let anyone forget about Kenny

keatonisballin

Reaction score
So happy when I heard he made it in. I wasn't around when he played but I've seen plenty of film and he was amazing. I've been wanting to get a throwback jersey for years and a Kenny Easley jersey would be perfect.

Latest posts