Has Anyone Else Just Kind Of Shut Down Their Sports Viewing?

SPIRITOF12

Reaction score
Where still here posting on the Seahawks, 12th Man forum aren't we? So I guess the answer is no, we have not completly cut off listening to or reading others comments about the game. That will go on for awhile. I am actually looking forward to the Mic'd up version of the game.

On Tuesday, I did try to go back to listening to classic rock on my Ipod, but quickly begain wondering what they were talking about on 710 or 950, and went back to sports radio. And suppose will do so, until the topic turns to Mariners Spring Training, which I could really care less about.

Northhawk

Reaction score
I've avoided the most media and will continue to until next week or until they move on to the next story which won't be long as a day is a lifetime with media.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Only thing I've done is check in with 710, but I can only take a few minutes at a time. Listening to Pete yesterday morning was really helpful. That was about all I needed to reinforce what I already know: that I am defined by my reactions to what happens.

My wife said listening to 710 all day Monday at work helped her. I can't take that much, but we've had a lot of little conversations over the past few days trying to find closure. That's been the toughest part going forward. There's a big, open-ended, bile-flavored void with no closure.

Maybe some time away and then the lead-up to the draft will help.

fire_marshall_bill

Reaction score
I've barely watched a little college basketball (which is normal, it sucks).

I've probably listened to more KJR than I should have and it's painful when they rehash it. I've turned it off a few times.

Husky/CFB signing day is different enough that I can get into it and get my mind off it.

and Goodell and the NFL have a moderate to major integrity problem here....they need some action on deflategate here...

byau

Reaction score
Just now starting to open up to some radio. Still mostly sticking to these forums since I can then browse topics on my own terms.

12thbrah

Reaction score
still in dark mode regarding any sports coverage, news etc. Its understandably mostly pretty negative which annoys me.

SeahawkNAtl

Reaction score
I haven't watched anything dealing with sports. I have been watching Bloomberg and CNBC trying to be the next man up!

gulliver

Reaction score
I have not deliberately tuned in, but when I go to the gym, it's all over the TVs. They're just replaying it over and over, and even though the sound is off I can read the tickers and the headlines praising Brady as the "best ever" because Darrell s--- the bed. Literally any other play and those headlines read "Brady and Belichick can't win when they're not cheating."

It was a nightmare ending to the biggest game ever. There is almost literally no worse way to lose, and no bigger stage to lose on. A nightmare none of us can wake up from.

SeaMeat

Reaction score
yup, I don't want to see anything on tv.

I come here a bit to lurk - really hoping to see some news that Bevell was run off.

swagcity21

Reaction score
I have lowered myself to watching Bravo and NatGeo in the mornings before work. The only sports related "stuff" I am accessing or listening to is .net and 710espn.

I can't even fathom the sound of that that stupid Disney world song and commercial. I still don't know who went to Disneyland after the game... such is life. I am completely drained of sports and am trying to muster up the strength to get ready for the mariners season.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
I havent watched any replays or highlights or any sports shows since the super bowl. I have completely shut off sports except for visiting this site

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Yep....just can't bring myself to watch or listen to anything sport-related right now. Today is the first time I could deal with being here even.

idahohawk

Reaction score
yes. I've been off the sports grid until today. I've only glanced at .net as well. Too painful for me. I'm still sulking around. Listened to Brock & Salk today for the first time since Sunday. Loved when Brock said "Good plan, bad play" It helped me cope a bit with my depression.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
Ahhhhhh ... yup. I most certainly have. This is what I wrote in another thread this morning ...

Man, 3 days later and the stench of this one just will not go away for me. I don't know about you guys, but I feel a bit like the puppy who wet on the carpet and whose master keeps rubbing his nose in it again and again. I think I've got to turn off sports radio for awhile, as I feel like I keep getting my nose rubbed in that last play every time I flip it on. I'm hoping for the Seahawks players that this loss becomes their tackling fuel (i.e The Waterboy) that powers them all the way back to the Super Bowl again next year.

Bigbadhawk

Reaction score
I watched the game until the time was 00:00. Since the game I have avoided anything involving sports on the TV, radio, and internet. I think this is my 2nd visit back to .net since the game.

Before the SB going back however long a normal week for me would be to listen to sports radio on the radio when driving around and while working around the house. I would visit .net daily along with sbnation, espn, si.com, pft, pff, tacoma tribune sports section, and mix in a little seattlepi/usatoday/deadspin. For TV I would watch whatever caught my eye. Just going to take a bit to get this bitter taste out of my mouth. I figure by the time FA/Mariners spring training starts up I should be OK.

This sucks....

irocdave

Reaction score
I turned the TV off right after the fight started and haven't watched any other channel but the History channel or the channel with the car auctions (used to be SPEED?). 5:00am Monday morning I got in my truck and quickly changed the radio from AM to FM. I listened to a little bit of sports talk on the way home tonight but the blathering about ADB being a dumb ass, debating the last play call, fans calling in arguing about what to pay Wilson got old quick. 99.9 "the men's room" is what I'll be listening to until the draft. Could care less about the NFL network or ESPN until fresh football talk begins again. This time a year sucks if your not a college basketball fan anyway.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Usually listen to the NFL Sirius channel a lot, not anymore as I don't care to hear the Brady slobber fest.
I listened to 30 seconds of Wyman making excuses for Bevell Monday, I had to turn off the radio, before I chucked it for distance.

Been a avoiding the ESPN and NFLN patriot DNA tasting contests. Been avoiding this place more and certain threads to keep from getting banned for going off on posters that I normally like because some are acting like clowns defending the biggest clown of all.

Not to be negative but I can very easily see this team not making the playoffs next year with the injuries to the key cogs on defense, with the uncertainty of Lynch's status, and if that clown Bevell is still calling plays if he and Lynch can co-exist.
If Bevell is still here, I can see this thing spiraling out of control.

Also this team has played a lot of games over the past 2 years, that's a lot of wear and tear when the NFL a is such a physical game.

Next season my be an off year for the Hawks, that's why I'm so pissed on how the result Sunday turned out and how pissed I am that they very much controled the outcome of that game.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
I haven't watched a minute of any sports since Sunday. At the gym I avoid any tvs with ESPN or NFLN like the plague.

Listened to some local radio today. It was OK- at least those guys are homers.

This site has been a good thing; at least we can commiserate.

randomation

Reaction score
Here only haven't even checked PFM for their qb chat since I'm sure it will have quite a few jabs about that last play sigh.