Has Anyone Else Just Kind Of Shut Down Their Sports Viewing?

pelagicraptor

Reaction score
I turned the TV off after the replay, didn't watch the rest of the game. Haven't watched a second of live TV since, but have been listening to 710 for the camaraderie of fellow sufferers (I'm in Nevada). It helps only a little.

I walked into Pizza Hut today for lunch, and as the waitress was leading me to a table I saw they had the Superbowl replaying on a tv in the corner. I stopped the gal and said "sorry, changed my mind" and walked out.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
When Brady took a knee and the fight ended. Yeah I left my buds house and didn't turn on anymore sport's radio/TV for a little over 24 hours. With a few sneaks here and there to confirm that all it would be about is the call to pass. After 24 hours I started feeling better, been listening to a few pod casts here and there, caught some sports TV. I'm handling it better and eh...just ready to move on to the draft. I'll admit the NE Parade got me fired up today mainly the Blount B mode shirt picture, but aside from that I've been over it.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Aros":1w1lgtxv said:
We turned the channel as soon as Brady took the final knee. None of us were about to sit through the red, white and blue ticker tape and celebration. I've watched little snippets of NFL Network and NFL Primetime but that's been it. I am pretty much done with any NFL/Seahawks-related TV until training camp. I need to decompress, de-depress, and focus on other important areas of my life.

Apart from PC being on Brock and Salk, I haven't watched any tv or radio and a big fat YES , I turned off the game before the SB snow started flying.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Just got done watching NFL App highlights of the SB. It's was like watching old clips of an old girlfriend after a bad breakup. I don't recommend doing without a bucket of ice cream and box of krispy kremes

keatonisballin

Reaction score
Yes. Can't bare to turn on ESPN or NFL network. I did once today and they were showing the Pats parade. No thanks. It's a shame, football is the only sport I love. Baseball is meh, might try to get back into the Ms. Wish we had a hockey or basketball team right now.

falcongoggles

Reaction score
I saw replays of the game on TV and had to shield my eyes. I have completely shut down my sports intake. Insane.

Timberhawk

Reaction score
sutz":2sn1b10d said:
Pretty much. I've been around here a bit, but haven't turned on any of the national sports media since then.

Screw it. I don't need to watch highlights, especially when everybody will be slobbering on Brady's knob. :pukeface:
This. No TV at all except I watched the new Black Sails. I actually started reading a book to pass the time instead. I won't visit sports sites and only come here each day.

Go Hawks!!

dadof3

Reaction score
I'm the same way. I come on here for therapy. I'm actually catching up on the news and I listen to music in the car. There's a whole world out there, who knew?

OrFan

Reaction score
After the game I changed the channel, deleted the game, and avoided the meltdown here. I've slowly started getting back here, but as far as tv goes, I know how a lot of stuff is made now.

Seriously looking forward to the weather getting better in a few months so that mining season can begin.

YYZHawksFan

Reaction score
OrFan...same here. Gradually getting over it but still trying to avoid clips of the game. Had the same issue when Canucks lots to Boston in the Stanley Cup. So this hurts the same given the hatred towards Boston sports already...and being in YYZ, you always hate the Red Sox, just because - but that is an AL East thing also. It will be hard for the first week or so during pre-season and other broadcasts to avoid again.