Has the Seahawks found its new NASCAR package

Chawker

Reaction score
Seahawks old NASCAR package consisted of Avrel and Bennett commimg off the right side, in the face of the QB.
This time its Reed and Clowney, but this time rushing the back side of the QB.

And to make it just a little more interesting they where playing Griffen as a speed rusher opposite of Reed and Clowney. Thats a dangerous front four commimg at you. :beating:

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Chawker":2bo7h3xa said:
Seahawks old NASCAR package consisted of Avrel and Bennett commimg off the right side, in the face of the QB.

And to make it just a little more interesting they where playing Griffen as a speed rusher opposite of Reed and Clowney. Thats a dangerous front four commimg at you. :beating:

I don’t think we have any frame of reference to determine if Griffin is “dangerous”. Fast, yes, but a speed rusher only becomes dangerous when he can bend around that corner. Not sure we’ve seen that yet.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Mad Dog":375k9wfs said:
Chawker":375k9wfs said:

I don’t think we have any frame of reference to determine if Griffin is “dangerous”. Fast, yes, but a speed rusher only becomes dangerous when he can bend around that corner. Not sure we’ve seen that yet.

I don't think that we've seen everything that Griffin has to offer in the way of those other attack dawgs, but this is what, his first or second shot at it?.....I think it's possible that with his speed, and tenacity, the more reps he gets with them, the better the chances of him finding his groove.

JGreen79

Reaction score
That speed coming from the other side draws resources. OT sliding out, TE staying in, RB blocking that side. This leaves room for Reed and Clowney. Griffin doesn't have to beat his man, only occupy one.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Mad Dog":1sq8ygrb said:
Chawker":1sq8ygrb said:

What Griffen's speed causes is the DE he lines up against has to spread so far out that it opens up lanes inside for the DT's to utilize. So, Griffen may not be getting home, but he's creating openings for others to get in there.

getnasty

Reaction score
Little to much live going for Quem around this place, i need to rewatch the game but the few plays i keyed on him he was non existent. I really hope he can help the pass rush but he looked more blockable the Ziggy from what i saw.

niveky

Reaction score
Couldn't they do things like have Griffin set over where they anticipate causing a collapse in the pocket or even do tricky things like if a receiver goes in motion from that side he acts like he is going to but then sits in a spot they think he will be able to blitz through while also being able to mix it up from time to time and stay put as a qb spy and/or occupying that space as a zone coverage option depending on what he saw post snap if they could bring him along more with those kind of things?

Polk738

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":151l6fbg said:
Mad Dog":151l6fbg said:
Chawker":151l6fbg said:

What Griffen's speed causes is the DE he lines up against has to spread so far out that it opens up lanes inside for the DT's to utilize. So, Griffen may not be getting home, but he's creating openings for others to get in there.

I would say that this may be the best option for using Shaqueem right now as yes he may have speed but he doesn't have the size to transfer it to power or an assortment of technique to get inside most tackles, he has a spin move but most decent tackles can counter it very easily. He needs to bulk up and develop more technique if he is to be truly effective along the line.

chris98251

Reaction score
Polk738":33ceqfbp said:
Jazzhawk":33ceqfbp said:
Mad Dog":33ceqfbp said:
Chawker":33ceqfbp said:

I would say that this may be the best option for using Shaqueem right now as yes he may have speed but he doesn't have the size to transfer it to power or an assortment of technique to get inside most tackles, he has a spin move but most decent tackles can counter it very easily. He needs to bulk up and develop more technique if he is to be truly effective along the line.

Or they float him on off the line and let him shift to a unprotected gap and shoot it with his speed, the offense would never know where he will come from.

He doesn't have the frame to add much more weight as we saw with his brother without it affecting his quickness and speed.

tersal

Reaction score
What about Collier and Green Collier a first round pick, and Green a third round pick the previous draft. Why aren't two high draft picks getting more time. Ansah has not done much as he is still not at full playing heath I hear. The two high draft picks need to contribute.

FinNasty

Reaction score
Mad Dog":63jlfcw7 said:
Chawker":63jlfcw7 said:

That was his first time getting to legitimately rush the passer in almost 2 years. He should have had this role last season...

Mojambo

Reaction score
Best way to use Griffin right now is by stunting with him, but that requires chemistry with rest of defensive line he doesn't have YET.

If they are serious about getting him reps could be a dangerous new look come playoff time.

OP
OP
Chawker

Chawker

Reaction score
The way I see it, is with Griffin speed teams are going to put a runningback on him or it will spread out their offensive line to the point that it would invite a blitzing linebacker. :drool:

Latest posts