Hawks and Broncos targeting Andrew Whitworth

Seymour

Reaction score
chris98251":3ikgx0lq said:
He would make a great Defensive tackle for us. Just kidding of course, but we would be doing something outside the normal characteristics of our Front Office going after a high priced ageing Veteran.

DT? That makes no sense. Why not swap him at TE with Graham and then we have our blocking TE. Graham will be better rested at LT from not running downfield to play decoy duck anymore. Win / Win. :2thumbs:

chris98251

Reaction score
Seymour":5d2fekzf said:
chris98251":5d2fekzf said:
He would make a great Defensive tackle for us. Just kidding of course, but we would be doing something outside the normal characteristics of our Front Office going after a high priced ageing Veteran.

DT? That makes no sense. Why not swap him at TE with Graham and then we have our blocking TE. Graham will be better rested at LT from not running downfield to play decoy duck anymore. Win / Win. :2thumbs:

Because we take DT's and make them O lineman, just figured the reverse must work as well, were fresh out of Basketball players to work in at Tackle.

IrishNW

Reaction score
Hes 35 years old....no thanks, not unless he takes vet min

King Dog

Reaction score
Pro Bowl the past two years, a couple of All Pros, top 100 player and 6'7" 330? Yes please

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
IrishNW":2hsnlczc said:
Hes 35 years old....no thanks, not unless he takes vet min

Ageist. Whitworth the exception to the rule here. Balled out this year, isn't falling off a cliff, and whilst it's more than feasible he's going to decline over the next couple of seasons I bet he'd still be better than what we've got at 37.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
As a stop gap as Fant develops you could definitely do worse than Whitworth, I just don't think he leaves Cincy. Have also read the Bengals have entertained the option of moving him to guard in the near future though I'm not sure how valid it is given he had a great year this past season.

chris98251

Reaction score
We have been really bad at trying to get lightning in a bottle from previous players of skill.

King Dog

Reaction score
chris98251":20cv66ck said:
We have been really bad at trying to get lightning in a bottle from previous players of skill.

I'm not sure exactly what this means, but if it's what I think it means, I would say that's a bit of a stretch. Some that come to mind are Lynch, Bennett, Avril, even Graham.

chris98251

Reaction score
King Dog":110qkokm said:
chris98251":110qkokm said:

I'm not sure exactly what this means, but if it's what I think it means, I would say that's a bit of a stretch. Some that come to mind are Lynch, Bennett, Avril, even Graham.

None of them were on the back end of their careers.

Reaction score
Have any of you seen Breno play in the last 3 years He sucks! Cant believe we suck so bad that people actually want Breno back here.

sam1313

Reaction score
thegreeninyoureye":3oxybk7q said:
Have any of you seen Breno play in the last 3 years He sucks! Cant believe we suck so bad that people actually want Breno back here.

Breno also sucked while he was here. I also can't bellieve people want him back.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
thegreeninyoureye":32af420s said:

The oline bad...very bad. It's to the point that if Sweezy were to come back would be an upgrade and he's an average player at best. Breno would easily be the best or second best player on the line should he return. The bar is low.

xgeoff

Reaction score
seabowl":287td852 said:
jammerhawk":287td852 said:
If Denver is after Whiworth that means Okung is likely out in Denver. I'd bet they would pay more than Seattle for this player.
Interesting possible acquisition but speculative at best this early. I do suspect that it's correct. And the Hawks are talking with his agent to the extent that is allowed by league rules.

Bring back Okung. Much cheaper and knows the system

noooooooooooooo!