Hawks are gonna kick butt this year....

Josea16

Reaction score
adeltaY":1swj4sgw said:
NJlargent":1swj4sgw said:
I agree except that I'm not so sure the schedule works out nicely for us. Going to Lambeau opening week is brutal and I could see a scenario where we give up some healthy points and then finger pointing starts. Also think tenn week 3 will be tough

If the Hawks can win that game by a solid margin they likely become hot SB contender picks in the media. Super excited for it and think they can do it. Much more worried about @DAL, but we'll have a few months to see how they shape up before playing them Christmas Eve.
Dallas is dangerous but everyone has film on Prescott and nobody runs on the Seahawks and their defense is terrible. It should be a great game and one I mark as a possible loss like Jacksonville and a couple others.

sdog1981

Reaction score
adeltaY":3j3hcb40 said:
NJlargent":3j3hcb40 said:
I agree except that I'm not so sure the schedule works out nicely for us. Going to Lambeau opening week is brutal and I could see a scenario where we give up some healthy points and then finger pointing starts. Also think tenn week 3 will be tough

If the Hawks can win that game by a solid margin they likely become hot SB contender picks in the media. Super excited for it and think they can do it. Much more worried about @DAL, but we'll have a few months to see how they shape up before playing them Christmas Eve.

I for one think Dallas's season will be over by that time, the cracks started to show at the end of last season.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
*allas has no defense, and it is very inexperienced.
A very overrated Sean Lee is the best player on that defense.

The offense is good, but like others have have said teams now have had the whole offseason to watch film and dissect Dak and zeke. The Giants have already figured out how to stop that offense, much like the Hawks were the first to figure out how to shut down the Niners Kraepper-Gore offense. Once one team figures you out, it's usually down hill from there as other teams will copy that formula.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
sdog1981":2x2s29nq said:
adeltaY":2x2s29nq said:
NJlargent":2x2s29nq said:

I for one think Dallas's season will be over by that time, the cracks started to show at the end of last season.
I think so too. They will catch no one by surprise, and are not playing the easiest schedule in the NFL like they had last year.
The Giants showed teams how to stop that offense, and that defense should be even worse than last year.

NJlargent

Reaction score
adeltaY":2fiz6yo6 said:
NJlargent":2fiz6yo6 said:

If we win the GB game, I think everyone will have us pegged as the SB favorite out of the NFC. That's true even if it is an ugly game. GB might be overrated too, who knows. It is a great measuring stick of a game regardless and will let us know a lot about the defense and our OL.

sutz

Reaction score
What's that old saying, now?

Oh yeah: Confidence is that feeling you have before you fully understand the situation.

:laugh: :rofl:

J/K. Double digits should be the floor. Div champs should be well within our grasp, and a playoff bye is not out of the question.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Are the Hawks still in Seattle? Yes!

Are the Hawks still playing in the NFL? Yes!

It's going to be a good year

WmHBonney

Reaction score
NJlargent":2h6aln4i said:

If you have to go to Lambeau, then there is no better time. Combine early season weather with the history of GB starting slow and I would rather open at Lambeau than close there.

NINEster

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":20fcy5v3 said:
Cautiously optimistic.

I am only slightly worried about the offense
I think it is going to be much improved.

I worry about the defense. Yes, getting Earl back will help a lot. But I would like to see some innovation from Richard as well. Teams get better and better attacking our D every year. We need something fresh.

I really worry about Blair Walsh and his mental toughness with a game on the line.

But yes, the potential is exciting. We have a lot of talent on this roster.

I think Pete might call defensive plays this year.

His track record as DC is excellent.

NINEster

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3gm6biag said:
*allas has no defense, and it is very inexperienced.
A very overrated Sean Lee is the best player on that defense.

The offense is good, but like others have have said teams now have had the whole offseason to watch film and dissect Dak and zeke. The Giants have already figured out how to stop that offense, much like the Hawks were the first to figure out how to shut down the Niners Kraepper-Gore offense. Once one team figures you out, it's usually down hill from there as other teams will copy that formula.

Leave Gore out of it.

His career stats against Seattle are probably his best against any team.

You caught Gore on a bit of a downhill and Lynch still in his prime.

2009 Gore would have singlehandedly handled Seattle in any stadium.

Seahawks got all of the breaks in this rivalry.

Just how it is.

Jville

Reaction score
^^^^^^^

O'h My ....... still bitter after all this time.

sdog1981

Reaction score
NINEster":11r2stti said:
Leave Gore out of it.

As much as I hate to admit it. 2006-2011Gore took the Seahawks lunch money and ate their backup lunch.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
With our schedule, if this team can stay healthy at all the key spots unlike last year, I'd be surprised to not be playing into championship weekend in the very least.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
NINEster":6mmv6ryx said:
Seahawks got all of the breaks in this rivalry.

I didn't know not having a time machine so your RB could play as well as he did earlier in his career was considered getting "all the breaks."

Damn it, if only you had Joe Montana in his prime you might have won that 2013 Conference Championship.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3sv7uvhj said:
I think so too. They will catch no one by surprise, and are not playing the easiest schedule in the NFL like they had last year.
The Giants showed teams how to stop that offense, and that defense should be even worse than last year.

Could be true. I still remember that 2014 game where we couldn't stop Murray and couldn't move the ball well on their crappy D at the time... and that was at CLink. The only reason the score looked close in that game was multiple turnovers and a blocked punt TD the Hawks managed to get. Their OL should be just as good as it was then and Zeke looks better than Murray so far IMO. Dak also gives them an extra running threat that Romo couldn't.

Using the Giants as an example is a bit unfair, their defense is amazing and is probably better than ours at every position except FS and definitely LB. Also, divisional games can be a bit weird. See Rams vs. Hawks. I'm all for the Cowboys sucking though! Did undergrad in Dallas and man my hate for that team only increased every year I was there.

BTW Hernia your posts are hilarious, always get a chuckle esp. when you go off on the media. :mrgreen:

sdog1981

Reaction score
adeltaY":1vf9wspm said:
Sports Hernia":1vf9wspm said:

Could be true. I still remember that 2014 game where we couldn't stop Murray and couldn't move the ball well on their crappy D at the time... and that was at CLink. The only reason the score looked close in that game was multiple turnovers and a blocked punt TD the Hawks managed to get.

Are you talking about the 12-4 Dallas Cowboys that came within a blown call from going to the NFC championship game? That was a totally different team.

calihawk

Reaction score
Vegas thinks we will kick butt 4-1 odds for conference championship.Winning it all is 10-1 so my bet is in, GO Hawks

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
calihawk":3a1twfgw said:
Vegas thinks we will kick butt 4-1 odds for conference championship.Winning it all is 10-1 so my bet is in, GO Hawks
Will be down there next week to place my "investments". 8)

Latest posts