Hawks disrespected as usual

two dog

Reaction score
SeatownJay":3pql12ih said:
I swear, the Seahawks fanbase has the biggest inferiority/persecution complex I've ever seen.
Not really. Almost any fan board you read thinks they are disrespected, conspired against and otherwise wronged.
Sometimes it's Roger and the NFL brass. Sometimes the "media", and the league officials come in for their fair share
of abuse as well.

The fans in Kansas City, for some reason, seem to be especially put upon. I can't quote chapter and verse, but reading
some of these other boards shows that we are not alone. How many posts on any fan board says "they really treated
us right on this schedule/bye week/cold weather games/early start times/etc ? I think it's just part of being a FANatic.

fridayfrenzy

Reaction score
The schedule makers aren't about giving the "good" teams breaks because they were champions or they had a good record. It is about money, so people need to stop feeling butt hurt about it.

They know the numbers and facts of what each fanbase will bring when their team is on TV, and if you think the Seahawks are more popular than the Cowboys, Giants, Bears, Broncos, Redskins then you are sorely mistaken and looking at it with "seahawk" coloured glasses.

Seaswab

Reaction score
warden":7i7cl6wj said:
Hawkfan77":7i7cl6wj said:
SeatownJay":7i7cl6wj said:
I swear, the Seahawks fanbase has the biggest inferiority/persecution complex I've ever seen.
Based on what?

Did you look at schedule? Do you think it's great the hawks only have 1 home primetime game?

Over one third of the season ticket holders for the Seahawks don't live in Seattle. they live in Portland, Canada , Bellingham ect. They can not make multiple week night games. This schedule totally respects the paying customer. They actually listened to the questionnaires from the season ticket holders. I know I put down to keep the week night games down to a minimum.

Are you kidding? Primetime games are the best. The players love it. We play better in primetime at home. Look how we did last season. These are the most fun games to go to.

Kixkahn

Reaction score
davidonmi":tuazj9ta said:
Polaris":tuazj9ta said:
davidonmi":tuazj9ta said:
remember how tough last year's schedule was. All those brutal road games, @HOU, @ATL, for example
This is what you get when you analyze a schedule before one game has been played
Last year's schedule was brutal and the NFL did us no favors then either. I do think someone high up in the NFL really doesn't like the Seahawks (or really likes the Niners)
brutal? sorry, a schedule that includes the Jags, Titans, Bucs (when they were 0-8) Rams twice with kelen clemens at QB, Minneasota, the Giants when they were done, 2-14 houston. That isn't brutal.
Our only tough road games were carolina, SF, and IND
You forget that at the beginning of the season the Giants, Texans and Titans were considered top notch teams. Also the Rams were no slouch either. The same thing can happen here teams that are expected to suck are good and teams expected to be good suck. As of right now with the stats on the scheduled teams it looks like a tough schedule.

davidonmi

Reaction score
Kixkahn":3nodj7z2 said:
davidonmi":3nodj7z2 said:
Polaris":3nodj7z2 said:
davidonmi":3nodj7z2 said:
remember how tough last year's schedule was. All those brutal road games, @HOU, @ATL, for example
This is what you get when you analyze a schedule before one game has been played
Last year's schedule was brutal and the NFL did us no favors then either. I do think someone high up in the NFL really doesn't like the Seahawks (or really likes the Niners)
brutal? sorry, a schedule that includes the Jags, Titans, Bucs (when they were 0-8) Rams twice with kelen clemens at QB, Minneasota, the Giants when they were done, 2-14 houston. That isn't brutal.
Our only tough road games were carolina, SF, and IND
You forget that at the beginning of the season the Giants, Texans and Titans were considered top notch teams. Also the Rams were no slouch either. The same thing can happen here teams that are expected to suck are good and teams expected to be good suck. As of right now with the stats on the scheduled teams it looks like a tough schedule.
that was my point was it not?
What I said was last year's schedule looked tough on paper as well, we won't actually know how tough the schedule really is until we're into the seasom.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Also, 4 non-playoff teams have more prime time games. Oh well, doesn't matter. Win the whole damn thing again.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":19kdf5v9 said:
SeatownJay":19kdf5v9 said:
Based on what?

Did you look at schedule? Do you think it's great the hawks only have 1 home primetime game?

I can't figure this out for the life of me. Having prime time at home doesn't help us win games. If you want to win more games, have the prime time games on the road.

I am going to preface this next part with saying that I don't believe THIS team has road woes, but let's go back and look at some history

At home, we are next to unstoppable no matter what time we play.

On the road, we have had (historically) a tough time winning, and even last season, 2/3 of our loses came on the road.

We have (I believe) the BEST MNF record by percentage in NFL history. Overall, we have one of the highest winning percentages in the NFL in prime time games.

Logically, I believe it's safe to believe that getting prime time games on the road ups our chances of winning more road games. Factor in we'll win most (if not all) of our home games, and that makes for another very successful season and a good run at the super bowl.

Let's also not forget, that the NFL has moved up the flex scheduling allowing for flexing games starting in week 5 instead of week 11. This increases our odds of being flexed into a game and getting even more prime time.

Finally, prime time tv is made for the draw. They want ratings because ratings equal dollars. Teams like the Giants, Cowboys etc....these teams draw people to their tv's whether they are good or not. It's just a fact of life. To build up a following like that we have to continue to bring the superior product to the field.

Kennedyin92

Reaction score
If the Seahawks truly believe the philosophies that they indicate, it doesn't matter what the schedule looks like. "Next Man Up," "Win Forever" and "Always Compete" don't focus on the opponent, they focus on each individual player's performance. That's how the Seahawks win football games, it's how they won the Super Bowl, and if they want to win it again that's how they'll do it. Strength of schedule does not factor into the equation.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SeatownJay":bcbsy45o said:

Bingo.

I thought it'd get better after we WON THE FREAKING SUPERBOWL.............but alas no.

Many media people have already come out today and stated that the reason the Hawks only have one prime time game at home is because the ratings have sucked for Seahawk home games because 90% of the time it's over by halftime.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":68h2t51p said:
SeatownJay":68h2t51p said:

Bingo.

I thought it'd get better after we WON THE FREAKING SUPERBOWL.............but alas no.

Many media people have already come out today and stated that the reason the Hawks only have one prime time game at home is because the ratings have sucked for Seahawk home games because 90% of the time it's over by halftime.
Boo hoo. So the reason is we're too good now? That's rich.

G-Money

Reaction score
I'm sure the "flex schedule" will come into play...............

dutchman063

Reaction score
The Hawks may be the best team in the league, but they are far from the most popular team in the league.. ie: GreenBay, Dallas, Pittsburgh....etc..

TorontoHawk

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":2ng9akn9 said:
SeatownJay":2ng9akn9 said:
Based on what?

Same is said every year about or schedule, Super Bowl Champs should get the hardest schedule. Stop all the crying.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
fridayfrenzy":mdab99ml said:
The schedule makers aren't about giving the "good" teams breaks because they were champions or they had a good record. It is about money, so people need to stop feeling butt hurt about it.

They know the numbers and facts of what each fanbase will bring when their team is on TV, and if you think the Seahawks are more popular than the Cowboys, Giants, Bears, Broncos, Redskins then you are sorely mistaken and looking at it with "seahawk" coloured glasses.
Are you kidding? This is HOW teams like the Seahawks raise their fanbases. The NFL is locking Seattle out.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I don't care how many prime time games they have or don't. It isn't like there aren't enough Seahawk highlights and coverage already.

They won THE prime time game of all prime time games. They are getting the first game of the season nationally covered and likely advertised for weeks before the game like the Super Bowl.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":2k3mqkxk said:
Sgt. Largent":2k3mqkxk said:
SeatownJay":2k3mqkxk said:

Bingo.

Some of you guys seem confused as to what the NFL is, it's a multi-billion dollar empire of printing money. That's why Dallas is on primetime seemingly EVERY week, cause they pull ratings.

It's not favoritism, it's not east coast bias, it's not boo hoo everybody hates us..........it's about what it's ALWAYS been about. $$$$$$$$$

ZagHawk

Reaction score
If the Hawks can win 3 SBs within 15 years and stay relevant in that entire time period. I think they will finally then get the credit they deserve from America and not just the Pac-Nw.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2z835ph1 said:
MizzouHawkGal":2z835ph1 said:
Sgt. Largent":2z835ph1 said:
SeatownJay":2z835ph1 said:

Bingo.

Some of you guys seem confused as to what the NFL is, it's a multi-billion dollar empire of printing money. That's why Dallas is on primetime seemingly EVERY week, cause they pull ratings.

It's not favoritism, it's not east coast bias, it's not boo hoo everybody hates us..........it's about what it's ALWAYS been about. $$$$$$$$$

Yup. Everybody either loves or hates the Cowboys. So either way, you're going to watch their game. Outside of the Pac-NW and the NFC-West, no one really cares about the Seahawks.

Latest posts