Hawks disrespected as usual

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
ZagHawk":3tr89nwx said:
If the Hawks can win 3 SBs within 15 years and stay relevant in that entire time period. I think they will finally then get the credit they deserve from America and not just the Pac-Nw.

I don't even know what this means. Credit they deserve?

Did you not watch the SB and the month following where on EVERY SINGLE sports channel you couldn't turn one on without seeing a Hawk being interviewed, taking over a show or hosting?

TV is about eyeballs, so the reason teams like the Packers, Cowboys and Steelers are on TV all the time is because they have a massive following due to decades and decades of winning and thus broadening their fanbase far beyond just their city.

Now the good news is that in just a couple years you're already seeing the effect of winning in Seattle with how well the Hawks travel. Add another 10-20 years of winning and the Hawks just might be up there with other massive following teams. But as of now? Not there yet my friend, not there yet.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3oi14u6h said:
ZagHawk":3oi14u6h said:
If the Hawks can win 3 SBs within 15 years and stay relevant in that entire time period. I think they will finally then get the credit they deserve from America and not just the Pac-Nw.

I don't even know what this means. Credit they deserve?

Did you not watch the SB and the month following where on EVERY SINGLE sports channel you couldn't turn one on without seeing a Hawk being interviewed, taking over a show or hosting?

TV is about eyeballs, so the reason teams like the Packers, Cowboys and Steelers are on TV all the time is because they have a massive following due to decades and decades of winning and thus broadening their fanbase far beyond just their city.

Now the good news is that in just a couple years you're already seeing the effect of winning in Seattle with how well the Hawks travel. Add another 10-20 years of winning and the Hawks just might be up there with other massive following teams. But as of now? Not there yet my friend, not there yet.

I think we're already in agreement. lol

RichNhansom

Reaction score
It's the NFL's way of creating parity. You don't make it easy for the best team in football or they run the table. How many times has yhat happened?

Notice the Niner games are at the end of the schedule? That's because without Bowman and still trying to solidify that secondary we would demolish them and ruin the rivalry that makes the NFL so much money. They want our two teams to compete all the way through the schedule and ultimately have one knock out the other.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
RichNhansom":6qfkonjp said:
It's the NFL's way of creating parity. You don't make it easy for the best team in football or they run the table. How many times has yhat happened?

Notice the Niner games are at the end of the schedule? That's because without Bowman and still trying to solidify that secondary we would demolish them and ruin the rivalry that makes the NFL so much money. They want our two teams to compete all the way through the schedule and ultimately have one knock out the other.

It's nothing new, this is the difference between a 1st place and 2nd place divisional schedule. Mostly the same teams, but we get some of the harder teams on the road, and the Niners get them at home.

IMO the biggest screw job the Hawks got was a week 4 bye. Combine that with a brutal last half of schedule and it = no bueno.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3iacdqts said:
MizzouHawkGal":3iacdqts said:
Sgt. Largent":3iacdqts said:
SeatownJay":3iacdqts said:
I swear, the Seahawks fanbase has the biggest inferiority/persecution complex I've ever seen.

Bingo.

I thought it'd get better after we WON THE FREAKING SUPERBOWL.............but alas no.

Many media people have already come out today and stated that the reason the Hawks only have one prime time game at home is because the ratings have sucked for Seahawk home games because 90% of the time it's over by halftime.
Boo hoo. So the reason is we're too good now? That's rich.

Some of you guys seem confused as to what the NFL is, it's a multi-billion dollar empire of printing money. That's why Dallas is on primetime seemingly EVERY week, cause they pull ratings.

It's not favoritism, it's not east coast bias, it's not boo hoo everybody hates us..........it's about what it's ALWAYS been about. $$$$$$$$$
YOU don't seem to understand marketing. You have a hot product, you PUSH it. You sell it on every station during PRIME TIME. People either love Russell Wilson or hate Richard Sherman, but either way, these guys are THE THING right now and you PUSH that.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":xqjqi967 said:
YOU don't seem to understand marketing. You have a hot product, you PUSH it. You sell it on every station during PRIME TIME. People either love Russell Wilson or hate Richard Sherman, but either way, these guys are THE THING right now and you PUSH that.

Right, I'm sure it's me and the NFL. What do they know right?

They should just scrap their silly ratings model of putting on their high profile teams as much as possible in order to sell massive advertising, and go with trying to market two players that'll be up 24-7 at halftime..........at which time losing 50% of their audience who turned off the lights and went to bed.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
I'm genuinely surprised with all the negative reaction to the schedule. Every week is a championship week and you bring your best every week no matter what. If, as a Seahawks fan, you haven't learned that by now... why not?

Rule #2: No whining. No complaining. No excuses.

There are no caveats or exemptions to rule #2. It's for the players, yeah, but it's also solid life advice.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
People are entitled to whine as much as the want. It's part of the schedule release. Freak out for a little, then get over it and move on.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
HawkAroundTheClock":1vkdo0ua said:
I'm genuinely surprised with all the negative reaction to the schedule. Every week is a championship week and you bring your best every week no matter what. If, as a Seahawks fan, you haven't learned that by now... why not?.

Because we're a fanbase with a gigantic inferiority complex.

The schedule could have come out with the Hawks on MNF 14 out of 16 weeks, and they're be a thread titled "OMG SEAHAWKS SCREWED AGAIN!"

TheWebHead

Reaction score
There will be late Sunday games though that will be national games, the Denver game certainly as Nantz has confirmed, and SF in Seattle most likely.. but yeah, Cowboys had several of last year's highest rated games, it's more a brand thing for them.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
It doesn't even matter to me. All I care about is going to football games and watching Seahawks football. What anyone else thinks, does or says, including when and where the games are don't make a difference to me.

This team is good enough to beat anyone, anywhere at anytime. Bring it on.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1zhjlian said:
HawkAroundTheClock":1zhjlian said:
I'm genuinely surprised with all the negative reaction to the schedule. Every week is a championship week and you bring your best every week no matter what. If, as a Seahawks fan, you haven't learned that by now... why not?.

Because we're a fanbase with a gigantic inferiority complex.

The schedule could have come out with the Hawks on MNF 14 out of 16 weeks, and they're be a thread titled "OMG SEAHAWKS SCREWED AGAIN!"
When you fall off your high horse I hope it smarts a little bit.