Hawks should impose a deadline w/ Kam

Rob12

Reaction score
KAM... Come back! Make it so!

He's going to be pissed when he gets on the field. It's going to be a great year.

Rob12

Reaction score
So, why wouldn't he play Week 1 if he reported tomorrow? I could be dead wrong, but I think he's already in Seattle or getting ready to board a plane.

I can understand if he won't be up to speed for Week 1, but is it something different? Is there a certain date he had/has to report by to play in St. Louis Week 1?

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
I dont trust Hsu, he's one of those "see what sticks" types on twitter. Tweets a ridiculous amount and hopes one of the many tweets is correct.

jake206

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/DavisHsuSeattle/status/638920936134066177[/tweet]

I also tend to agree with this sentiment. Kam is not one who likes to be backed in a corner, if you get my drift.

Hawkfan77":10ktlcqx said:
I dont trust Hsu, he's one of those "see what sticks" types on twitter. Tweets a ridiculous amount and hopes one of the many tweets is correct.

I too, don't buy into all the armchair stuff Davis posts, but when it comes to salary cap stuff, he seems to be on point, most of the time.

Rob12

Reaction score
jake206":2yhhjw3i said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/DavisHsuSeattle/status/638920936134066177[/tweet]

I also tend to agree with this sentiment. Kam is not one who likes to be backed in a corner, if you get my drift.

Pride, and especially too much of it, is truly a stupid, stupid thing.

I typically don't blame NFL players for wanting more money, either in sheer volume or guarantees... But the market for Kam's position has not changed. He is very well paid for what he does. We'd all love to see him get paid a tad more to appease him, but it's the position the Seahawks are in right now and it sends a terrible message going forward that will cause nothing but headaches and disarray. They took a pretty significant risk on him with his current deal, and it was a gamble that has paid off. Maybe he has somewhat outplayed his deal, but who knows what the next three years will look like.

I just think the whole thing has been stupid. And I don't buy the opinion that he got bad advice - I just think the dude has a lot of pride in himself.

I am glad the FO has stood their ground. If the speculation from Hsu is legit, Kam is still missing out on over half a million dollars this year.

I just think he's played this pretty poorly.

Alexander

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":1fof1io1 said:

As a regular follow of Hsu, I strongly disagree with this characterization. Does he speculate? Sure. But it's pretty clear when he's giving his opinion versus stating a fact or relaying information he's heard. Plus, he's a fan like the rest of us, so I think he can be forgiven for engaging in speculation for the sake of discussion.

In this case, if Hsu says he's hearing things, you can bet it's legit. By "legit" I don't mean that the info is necessarily correct, just that it really is coming from someone in the organization. That person could be wrong, or could be trying to spread misinformation for strategic reasons. But he's not making it up out of thin air.

Rob12

Reaction score
Alexander":1ycevccr said:
Hawkfan77":1ycevccr said:

As a regular follow of Hsu, I strongly disagree with this characterization. Does he speculate? Sure. But it's pretty clear when he's giving his opinion versus stating a fact or relaying information he's heard. Plus, he's a fan like the rest of us, so I think he can be forgiven for engaging in speculation for the sake of discussion.

In this case, if Hsu says he's hearing things, you can bet it's legit. By "legit" I don't mean that the info is necessarily correct, just that it really is coming from someone in the organization. That person could be wrong, or could be trying to spread misinformation for strategic reasons. But he's not making it up out of thin air.

Agreed, I think Hsu's tweet has legs. And I'm not the world's biggest Hsu fan.

Kam will be here shortly.

Exittium

Reaction score
So, nothing new for news at all.. It was just more hearsay and speculation

Rob12

Reaction score
Exittium":vbry35lg said:
So, nothing new for news at all.. It was just more hearsay and speculation

Let's hope not. This team needs Kam. Hoping the Hawks can bend but not break on Kam's needs. I've been a staunch opponent of his from the first day of his holdout, but at this point I can no longer pretend that this team can just move on without him. We need the Enforcer, and he needs us. I never want to see this dude wear another jersey - ever.

Hawks need to save face, as does Kam. Hopefully it's something that can be worked out in the next day or two.

dino26

Reaction score
I hope this gets resolved sooner than later, I hate the drama.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Phoenix":2sh1ytcx said:
jake206":2sh1ytcx said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Softykjr/status/636319495468945408[/tweet]

If KAM remains stubborn and refuses to play for the Seahawks, what else is there?
Let him sit! You tell him you are either playing in Seattle or you are not playing.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I'd say trade him. He's wasting a roster spot that you might either get used by another very good player or get what would likely be a high draft pick or so.

Get something for him given it'll just get beyond manageable if they acede to his demands.

athanas

Reaction score
athanas":3vhhnd6q said:
I don't know where he heard it, but my Dad was texting me earlier today that he was seeing/hearing rumors that Kam is willing to come back if they excuse the fines.

Talked to the Old Man today and he said he saw it on Sportscenter yesterday morning.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":aoylfooz said:
MizzouHawkGal":aoylfooz said:
I'd say trade him. He's wasting a roster spot that you might either get used by another very good player or get what would likely be a high draft pick or so.

Get something for him given it'll just get beyond manageable if they acede to his demands.

Couldn't disagree more. See my post above, Kam is one of the most uniquely talented players in the league. You don't trade that kind of player away when you have them under contract for three more years. It sounds like they're throwing him a bone, similar to what they did with Marshawn, and he deserves it. Kam has never given less than 100%, and has consistently sold out his body to try to help this team win football games. Can you honestly say there's ever been a play on defense where you felt like Kam could have tried harder? I can't. Sometimes allowances have to be made for the greater good. This is one of them. If it was Doug Baldwin holding out and making demands, I wouldn't bat an eye at trading him. Same with quite a few other players on this team. But a guy like Kam is just not someone who can be replaced or even come close to being replaced, so you need to compromise a little. What they're doing sounds fair to me, guarantee some of next year's salary and maybe look to throw him a bigger bone next offseason if the cap permits.

If you don't believe that the Seahawks' Defense would take a significant hit by not having Kam on the field, you are mistaken. FACT.

Not to mention the fact that even if we did get fair market value for Chancellor--which is not a sure thing, BTW--that value would likely come in the form of draft choices that would not help our team until next year at the earliest, whereas we would be taking a hit now with him being gone.

To be honest, though, I am not a fan of giving him anything other than promising to waive the fines. I look at guys like Michael Bennett and Antonio Brown who weren't happy with their contracts, came to camp anyway, and have only worked that much harder. Then I look at Kam Chancellor and see someone whose holdout came out of nowhere, who I believe WILL hold out of at least one regular season game (my prediction is that he stays away for the first two) and it really upsets me. I absolutely see where he is coming from and in a perfect world would love to see him get more money, but he is going about it the wrong way and his actions will have repercussions that could easily damage this team no matter how this plays out. And I have to wonder what would have happened if he had told the front office, "I want a new deal but am going to come into camp, work hard, be a leader, and show you AGAIN why I deserve one." We'll never know, but my honest opinion is that the team would have been more likely to make a concession for Chancellor (and probably a bigger concession than what he will eventually get) if he hadn't forced the issue by holding out.

Narniaman

Reaction score
So if Cam reports 15 minutes before the team boards the plane for St. Louis. . .

Does he still get his $270,000 for that game??

Laloosh

Reaction score
Narniaman":7bc1tyhx said:
So if Cam reports 15 minutes before the team boards the plane for St. Louis. . .

Does he still get his $270,000 for that game??

Kam, not Cam. It's in the title man...

HawkFan72

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":2d8ph4k3 said:

I don't believe he uses up a roster spot or counts against the cap while he sits out. So he can't use that as leverage against the team. He just sits out and loses money. But he won't affect the Seahawks at all beyond his absence on the field.