HC Interview tracker (Quinn, Frank Smith, Evero, etc.)

Ozzy

Reaction score
Waldron being so bad is coloring some ideas here. Our offense is not the problem. Also, the hot young offensive minded coaches are not fairing well in these playoffs. Offense was down this season. The pendulum is swinging back to defense and running game and I want a young brilliant defensive mind to get on top of the movement.
How can the offense not be the problem but Waldron is terrible? If the offense is fine then wouldn't Waldron be doing at least an average job?

BASF

Reaction score
17th in points scored, 21st in yards gained.
25th in points allowed, 30th in yards gained.

Defense is the problem. Waldron calls too many of the same pass plays and too many of the same run plays as dictated by down and distance. If you can't see it, I can't help you.

Also, a new head coach will replace our lackluster Waldron.

Wsumatt1982

Reaction score
I just want to be a fly on the wall during these interviews. My 2 and only choices would be Johnson or McDonald.

Film12Hawk

Reaction score
This sounds promising and feels like smart timing on our part as it's right after his interview with the Commanders, who everyone is talking about as the top choice for him. Sometimes being the (current) last interview can work to your advantage. Hopefully it does as I feel he's truly the right fit for us. The Lions last game against the Rams only showed me that more.

chris98251

Reaction score
Seattle, Dallas and Vegas throw in Atlanta are top places based on Stadiums and fans, then you have to look at ownership, cut the Raiders and it's funky set up, Atlanta has a weird and more meddlesome owner and GM as does Dallas, Panthers, Commanders, who knows seems like a question mark on that aspect at this point other then Teppers looking more like Snyder, Chargers have a QB but ownership and the Stadium situation is a bit of a cluster there sharing with Rams and LA not really wanting you there anyway.

We are sitting pretty good as far as a destination and we will do what's needed to support a coach and pay them if they interview well also.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
My choice is Ben Johnson. The way the Lions offense has performed, he’s going to get a HC job somewhere. As a Bears fan, I’d be happy to see him somewhere else.

chris98251

Reaction score
So John is going to do a bunch of video interviews tomorrow and then? But I am sure he can cut the list down meet the hiring and interview requirements set down by the league and accelerate the process, not only do we need a coach but a whole staff, those guys are going to fly off the board once coaches get in place.

toffee

Reaction score
How many candidates have Schneider interviewed so far? Not just requested to interview but actually interviewed?

hoxrox

Reaction score
How many candidates have Schneider interviewed so far? Not just requested to interview but actually interviewed?
Zero. I believe the first interview is today.

Torc

Reaction score
I wonder what Jim Zorn is up to these days.