HC Options

12forlife

Reaction score
Bring in Harbaugh, the dude just wins! Then with our 1st rd pick take JJ McCarthy. Don't think that has ever been done hire a new college coach, then draft his QB? I like it!

olyfan63

Reaction score
We got RBs hurt to this day lol..We can post a long list on that so throw that
part out.
We disagree on the line except for the SB year when it was pretty good otherwise
the line has been about the same, maybe a little better but we're not paying a QB
all the high % of the cap #3 took up either.
As for the WRs DK and Tyler were here with #3 for a chunk and as you said Angry.
#3 ran a lot too so
why would they go get more WRs?They tried here and there
like with Graham and they had Kearse who was clutch (not great) but it worked.

My point that your replying to was the D set up a lot of great years otherwise
without the D it was "maybe get to the wildcard" and get beat.

If you thought that was all #3 carrying the team-It wasn't good enough to me.
I'm on the same page, it was the LOB that made Pete and the Seahawks 2013 & 2014 Super Bowl runs. Russ was the complementary piece on the offensive side. After the SB49 "The Pick" fiasco, there were plenty of things that caused a fall from contender to pretender.

* Dan Quinn left, and Gus Bradley before him. Pete has never again had such good DCs.
* The rest of the NFL figured out Russell's "Cooking", and what defenses befuddled him when the run game wasn't a threat
* After Peak Beastmode, Seattle never found another back who could consistently keep playoff-caliber defenses honest. Chris Carson had some great games, but his body couldn't keep it up.
* LOB stars got injured, retired, or left the team. (Cliff, Kam, Sherm, etc.)
* NFL rule changes that affected how the Seattle secondary could play.
* There are plenty more, death by a thousand paper cuts, bad trades, injuries, underperforming coordinators, overpaying for limited production, etc.

Still, Russell's strengths helped the Hawks be competitive at first-round-playoff-exit level. Russell limits turnovers, and connects on a few deep passes per game. With a peak-LOB defense, and Peak Beastmode, that was enough.

LOB plus terrific DCs plus Beastmode were the fuel for the 2012-2014 peak years that were just the right support for the "Russell Wilson Offense" Seattle primarily ran while Wilson was here. To Russell's credit, it looks like Sean Payton has worked with Russell's strengths and gotten Russell to do a few additional things well, while still limiting turnovers and stretching the field with the deep ball threat.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Geno gets 9.2 million less but that figure for Me3 is the hit
after the bonus up front.
It goes way up in the following seasons if I remember right.

OP
OP
Cyrus12

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Geno gets 9.2 million less but that figure for Me3 is the hit
after the bonus up front.
It goes way up in the following seasons if I remember right.
Ya his contract goes up fairly significant after this year and then there are some other guarantees they get trapped into for the following year...thats why he will have to be cut after this year. Huge cap hit but it let's them start over again.