Help me overcome sick feeling the fix is in

formido

Reaction score
Eldorado":204gpkvj said:
It's in. Got nothing to do with the refs or Goodell though.

I always enjoy the week leading up to a game when other fans spam the board with gibberish.

HawkWow

Reaction score
No such thing as a "fix" in the NFL. Not in the traditional sense. Way too complicated and would involve too many. This promised to me by people that would know / be involved. Now Baseball, I am told, may be a different story. Certainly it's possible to have a rogue ref from Pittsburgh that may make some shitty calls but the mob etc. is not involved. The leak of a "fix" would kill the golden egg laying goose and that wouldn't sit well with Las Vegas and the powers that be. Vegas does not need to fix anything. No sense fixing what's not broken. ; )

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Davehawk":17psts8t said:
Sports Hernia":17psts8t said:
Stop watching Fox News would be a start. The sky is always falling in an extremists world!

Good grief, give it a rest.
:34853_doh:
Uh oh, Someone just outed themselves as extremist. :141847_bnono:

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
The only reason Denver got the home opener over the Ravens is because the Orioles told the NFL to go eff itself. No conspiracies.

BocciHawk

Reaction score
If you want to get weird about fix, if anything, Vegas wants the Seahawks to win. The line opened with the Seahawks favored or with it even, and so much Denver money came in, the line is at Denver favored by 2.5. It's unlikely they've gotten enough Seahawks action even at this point... LV doesn't like to go to a 3 point line unless they absolutely have to... long story short Vegas probably makes a lot of money if the Seahawks win, and those early bettors make point shaving impossible... so if anything, if you follow the money, with the market, the young players, and the wagers, Seahawks should get the win.

Broncos

Reaction score
Seahawk772002":1e3kespe said:
1. Last years Champs the Ravens do not open at home; get to open in Denver on primetime Thursday Night.

2. Watched Fox Business Network Neil Cavuto this evening, head of Modell Sporting Goods gushing over Manning jerseys as huge seller, raves at how Peyton will be helped by Eli navigating the winds at Met Life and it is a merketers dream to have Peyton win it in Eli's house just as Eli did in Peyton' house. Cavuto asked about any other players, Modell "the other quarterback is a good young player".

3. Catch end of Fox News Sunday with Chris Wallace, saying next weeks guest from Met Life will Be John Elway and Archie Manning.

4. Switch to NBC had forgot the Pro Bowl was this evening. Was going to switch when Collingsworth said Super Bowl pre view next, you may as well as watched a Bronco promotional video, it opened and closed with gushing and confetti falling down on Peyton.

If Bill Leavy is the referee I may not even turn the game on.

Am I emotionally irrational based paranoid, or does anyone else feel the disrespect so much like 8 years ago in Detroit?

I felt this way when the Broncos played the Packers in the Super Bowl...
We beat them in a classic nail biter and all was well with the world.
If I am to say anything... The ref's have the power in various ways that are pretty abusive if they so choose...Hello Super Bowl 40.

sutz

Reaction score
BlueTalon":2tyws5ro said:
Seahawk772002":2tyws5ro said:
Am I emotionally irrational based paranoid?
I believe the answer to that question is yes.
Like about half of the Seahawk fanbase. :laugh:

Davehawk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3chsp81x said:
Davehawk":3chsp81x said:
Sports Hernia":3chsp81x said:
Stop watching Fox News would be a start. The sky is always falling in an extremists world!

Good grief, give it a rest.
:34853_doh:
Uh oh, Someone just outed themselves as extremist. :141847_bnono:

I watch Fox, I watch NBC, CNN, CBS, etc. I also read Huffington Post and The Blaze.

I like all sides, you like to generalize to fit me in a box I don't belong in.

StorytellerMatt

Reaction score
As ugly as SB40 was, in reviewing it the Hawks didn't lose solely because of penalties. They lost because the lost their composure after those penalties. It should be noted that in 2005, Seattle was one of the least penalized teams all year, so they didn't know how to bounce back from BS calls. This year's team is used to getting the laundry on the field, often for crap calls, and they have not let it shake them. Carroll is much better at getting his team to let water roll off its back than Holmgren is.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
StorytellerMatt":mbfs3yet said:
As ugly as SB40 was, in reviewing it the Hawks didn't lose solely because of penalties. They lost because the lost their composure after those penalties. It should be noted that in 2005, Seattle was one of the least penalized teams all year, so they didn't know how to bounce back from BS calls. This year's team is used to getting the laundry on the field, often for crap calls, and they have not let it shake them. Carroll is much better at getting his team to let water roll off its back than Holmgren is.

This is spot on. The bad calls were like an avalanche and the Hawks stopped digging out.

StorytellerMatt

Reaction score
I guess I should add, watch that whole sequence of crap in the 4th quarter of SB40 ...

1. --first and goal negated by bad holding call (and missed off-sides on Stealers that created that bad holding call)

2. --INT on two plays later

3. --Hasselback's crap penalty for the "low block"

4. --Pittsburgh's trick play to go up 21-0

None of 2. through 4. happens if the Seahawks keep their cool after 1.

OP
OP
S

Seahawk772002

Reaction score
Conspiracy theories before the game even starts? Hmmmmmmm......

I am sure the Bronco fans felt the same thing after 4 SB blow outs before the Green Bay Super Bowl, but not for the Atlanta Super Bowl the next year.

If I had to guess the story line with Atlanta was Elway and Dan Reeves the Atlanta coach.

Until the when(not if) the Seahawks win the Super Bowl I will be a conspiracy theory nut case.

tom sawyer

Reaction score
We are STARVING for a SB win... "STARVING" no FUTURE HoF QB, zebra, or quasi-fix is going to feed what we need!

This is our SB win for the taking... NEWSFLASH: WE ARE GOING TO TAKE IT!!!

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
:lol:

The money angle holds no water as the league is about to make huge amounts of money no matter who wins.

Even in an awful officiated Super Bowl 40, we should have and just didn't execute.

BlueTalons

Reaction score
I feel less "sick" about this game than the NFCCG!

And I have to laugh at this one:
Seahawk772002":2v6ho1o0 said:
...raves at how Peyton will be helped by Eli navigating the winds at Met Life...

Sure didn't help Eli avoid 5 interceptions to us last month!