Help the Hawks

JustTheTip

Reaction score
rideaducati":347d0kdr said:
PanthersFan89":347d0kdr said:
If only, in some alternate reality, there existed a way in which the Seahawks could've beaten the Rams or Bengals or Panthers. In that world, perhaps, the Seahawks would've earned a first-round bye and wouldn't have to play a "morning" kick, even if it'll be afternoon where it's kicked off (Hey, it's morning somewhere for every single game that has ever been played). Perhaps in that world, the Seahawks fans could've brought their humongous signs into their stadium. They could have pulled the alarm on the opposing team's hotel at 4 in the morning on the day before the game, too.

But they didn't do any of those games, and the NFL owes a SIX SEED NOTHING to ensure that it has the best chance to win possible. Sorry, it doesn't.

Maybe next year you can win a few more games and host a playoff game. Until then, nothing.

Why should East Coast fans, who HATE 4 or 4:25 p.m. kicks, be inconvenienced based on the visiting team, a weaker one who didn't win as many games in the regular season. How is it even an inconvenience, given that Seattle will likely travel on Friday and thus have no issue with the time change?

Get over it.

I have never heard that East coast fans hated 4pm starts. I know they don't like the prime time games because they have to stay up late though. The only reason this game is the early one is because the Prancers don't have the following that the networks want for their prime spot of the day.

Beyond that, they already move east coast games to the later kickoff all the time for TV revenue purposes. Often two east coast teams play the late game while a visiting west coast team is still stuck in the early time slot. If they are going to move games around anyways to fill up the TV schedule, games in which a west coast team is involved should be the first ones moved every time.

OP
OP
G

gaucho

Reaction score
Ramfan128":1c841rai said:
The Rams now have to play the 10am game too, but I really don't think it's that big of a deal.

We're now talking about what, 5 games at the most that are played at 10am body clock time for each team? Maybe less if you get a road primetime game (ala Seahawks vs Packers this year).

And less again when we play the AFC West. And then some years some of us will play the Chiefs at home in the AFC West rotation, and draw the Cowboys (which would likely be held up until 4pm, like Seahawks @ Cowboys this year).

So some years there could actually be 3 or less 10am starts.

I think playing Monday night (for the following week) and Thursday night is more of an issue/disadvantage than playing at 10am.

There are typically 3-5 per year, per west coast team. In other words, roughly 1/4 of their games they are at a HUGE disadvantage. I think most people don't understand the magnitude of the disadvantage (I know I had no idea it was such a big deal prior to my research). As I mentioned in the linked article in the original post, it's on par with seattle playing without Wilson in 2013. It's 2x the difference between Lynch and whoever you guys ran out there last week.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
Gaucho... did you go to UCSB? Just asking because that's the mascot.

OP
OP
G

gaucho

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":32va1a2q said:

yessir! Best 5 years of my life :D

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
gaucho":3swsdhuf said:
CodeWarrior":3swsdhuf said:

yessir! Best 5 years of my life :D

Hahahahahah, same buddy!!! :th2thumbs: :th2thumbs: :th2thumbs:

Ramfan128

Reaction score
rideaducati":wbstkzz7 said:
Ramfan128":wbstkzz7 said:
rideaducati":wbstkzz7 said:
Ramfan128":wbstkzz7 said:
The Rams now have to play the 10am game too, but I really don't think it's that big of a deal.

We're now talking about what, 5 games at the most that are played at 10am body clock time for each team? Maybe less if you get a road primetime game (ala Seahawks vs Packers this year).

And less again when we play the AFC West. And then some years some of us will play the Chiefs at home in the AFC West rotation, and draw the Cowboys (which would likely be held up until 4pm, like Seahawks @ Cowboys this year).

So some years there could actually be 3 or less 10am starts.

I think playing Monday night (for the following week) and Thursday night is more of an issue/disadvantage than playing at 10am.

Time of the game hasn't mattered to the rams in years...they lose anyway.

Except to the Seahawks.

See, I can be immature too.

I guess you conveniently stopped counting wins at two.

Seriously, it's borderline trolling to quote my post regarding the subject of this thread and throw in a childish comment about how the Rams aren't good.

Rams won more than 2 games this year....and have beaten the Seahawks 3 times in the last two years....so I'm not sure what this comment is about.