Henry Melton to Visit Hawks this Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
drdiags":jwtcffim said:
May have to walk away from the table if these other two teams have you busting your budget

mike fisher ‏@fishsports 3h
.@dallascowboys tell me they know them, #seahawks & at least 1 other team in Henry Melton bidding. Competitive, budget-challenging deal

I hear the other team is Minny.

From the same guy...

Jon Machota ‏@jonmachota
Poor Cowboys RT @ErskineTheGreat: Source: DT Henry Melton's agents are in the final stages of getting a deal done with the Seahawks

In reply to above...

mike fisher ‏@fishsports
.@jonmachota @ErskineTheGreat Melton rep says otherwise, #breathe, #Cowboys fans

mike fisher ‏@fishsports
“@snrussell09: @fishsports Seattle and national guys have everyone thinking its a lock / ok

Dude is a local radio & TV news sports host and also writes for one of the Dallas basketball sites, so I assume he has a bit of credibility. Hope something can get done tmr.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
I don't expect us to get desperate and enter a bidding war. We've got the core to repeat, and of course there's the draft. Aaron Donald FTW.

If we do miss out to the 'girls or 'queens then that's another team who may pass on him come draft day.

davidonmi

Reaction score
John Schneider will not enter a bidding war. He also won't get desperate, if Melton really gets something similar to Ware is rather pass and get some contracts done

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":yvebskly said:
How's it feel to be the fish and not the bait guys? Pretty fun yes?
Fish?

We're the freakin':

great-white-shark-1.jpg

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I stand corrected. Henry let's make it simple.... repeat Superbowl contender or a team in total rebuild mode choose carefully.;)

OP
OP
D

DeathbyTalons

Reaction score
Per Rapoport:

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 24h
Henry Melton made it to Dallas, where he'll visit with the #Cowboys this week. Was negotiating with #Seahawks last night, others in the mix.

Well we can move on with our lives, used the old 'i'll get more from Seattle' trick. Enjoy the bar scene in Dallas.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
This 'Erskinethegreat' has all the makings of a nobody trying to be somebody on twitter.

Guys who graduate from college in 2013 don't break major NFL news months later. His feed is a flurry of rumours that wreak of 'made up'.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Hawkalypse":pnqpjchu said:
Per Rapoport:

Henry Melton made it to Dallas, where he'll visit with the #Cowboys this week. Was negotiating with #Seahawks last night, others in the mix.

Well we can move on with our lives, used the old 'i'll get more from Seattle' trick.
We've had players take less to play with us recently. We've gotten several big names recently. We're not the NFL hinterlands any longer, only used to drive up money for players who want to be somewhere else.

Unless the Seahawks were giving Melton a ridiculous deal, it makes zero sense for him to sign without finding out what other teams will pay. The guy tore his ACL last year and is nearing 30. I imagine he's acutely aware that this is his last good chance of getting a big payday, and that his career could end at anytime. It's not about Seattle being used. It's about him making the best financial decision for himself. And if the numbers are close, then he'sgot to decide between a good chance of a SB run versus returning home to Texas. Nothing wrong with that.

OP
OP
D

DeathbyTalons

Reaction score
volsunghawk":3d7tl6lm said:
Hawkalypse":3d7tl6lm said:
Per Rapoport:

Well we can move on with our lives, used the old 'i'll get more from Seattle' trick.
We've had players take less to play with us recently. We've gotten several big names recently. We're not the NFL hinterlands any longer, only used to drive up money for players who want to be somewhere else.

Unless the Seahawks were giving Melton a ridiculous deal, it makes zero sense for him to sign without finding out what other teams will pay. The guy tore his ACL last year and is nearing 30. I imagine he's acutely aware that this is his last good chance of getting a big payday, and that his career could end at anytime. It's not a
bout Seattle being used. It's about him making the best financial decision for himself. And if the numbers are close, then he's got to decide between a good chance of a SB run versus returning home to Texas. Nothing wrong with that.
Nope and nothing wrong with signing with the team you verbally said your were 'intrigued' by. That said , I'm not concerned about any personal dilemmas 'Hannibal' Melton may have on completing his decision making process, my concern is making this team better and going back2back. Jerr-ah is just dumb enough to go over the cap at the cost of all else to sign the shiny object. Oh and if he came here to get a 'number' so he could bring back to Dallas, yeah that's being used bro. I will be stunned to see a tweet with "Melton boarding a plane back to Seattle", I think he'll be a Cowboy.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Hawkalypse":v5jyrtxi said:
volsunghawk":v5jyrtxi said:
Hawkalypse":v5jyrtxi said:
Per Rapoport:

Unless the Seahawks were giving Melton a ridiculous deal, it makes zero sense for him to sign without finding out what other teams will pay. The guy tore his ACL last year and is nearing 30. I imagine he's acutely aware that this is his last good chance of getting a big payday, and that his career could end at anytime. It's not about Seattle being used. It's about him making the best financial decision for himself. And if the numbers are close, then he'sgot to decide between a good chance of a SB run versus returning home to Texas. Nothing wrong with that.
Nope and nothing wrong with signing with the team you verbally said your were 'intrigued' by. Jerr-ah is just dumb enough to go over the cap at the cost of all else to sign the shiny object. Oh and if he came here to get a 'number' so he could bring back to Dallas, yeah that's being used bro. I will be stunned to see a tweet with "Melton boarding a plane back to Seattle", I think he'll be a Cowboy.
Maybe he will be a Cowboy. But that doesn't mean Seattle was used. I think that's a knee jerk reaction some Hawks fans still suffer from due to the many years that Seattle wasn't an attractive destination. I mean, if that's your default belief, then I guess any player who visits more than one team in FA used every team he didn't sign with.

OP
OP
D

DeathbyTalons

Reaction score
volsunghawk":2ufzitzp said:
Hawkalypse":2ufzitzp said:
volsunghawk":2ufzitzp said:
Hawkalypse":2ufzitzp said:
Per Rapoport:

Nope and nothing wrong with signing with the team you verbally said your were 'intrigued' by. Jerr-ah is just dumb enough to go over the cap at the cost of all else to sign the shiny object. Oh and if he came here to get a 'number' so he could bring back to Dallas, yeah that's being used bro. I will be stunned to see a tweet with "Melton boarding a plane back to Seattle", I think he'll be a Cowboy.
Maybe he will be a Cowboy. But that doesn't mean Seattle was used. I think that's a knee jerk reaction some Hawks fans still suffer from due to the many years that Seattle wasn't an attractive destination. I mean, if that's your default belief, then I guess any player who visits more than one team in FA used every team he didn't sign with.
Denial ain't just a river in Egypt and yeah it's my default belief. Usually when you sit down to negotiate 'through the night', you usually get something done. I understand JS will not break the bank for this guy but I gotta think this was a leverage move by Melton and his agent.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Hawkalypse":1c8be7o9 said:
volsunghawk":1c8be7o9 said:
Hawkalypse":1c8be7o9 said:
volsunghawk":1c8be7o9 said:

Denial ain't just a river in Egypt and yeah it's my default belief. Usually when you sit down to negotiate 'through the night', you usually get something done. I understand JS will not break the bank for this guy but I gotta think this was a leverage move by Melton and his agent.
Eh, you call my view denial. I call yours an inferiority complex.

OP
OP
D

DeathbyTalons

Reaction score
[/quote]
Eh, you call my view denial. I call yours an inferiority complex.[/quote]
I'll own that, even as world champs. It'll take a few more Lombardi's to shake it out of my system.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
So what he's on his way to Dallas? That means we won't sign him? Not so fast, he has yet to sign on the line which is dotted. Hawks are still in on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts