Henry Melton to Visit Hawks this Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
volsunghawk":32zcbrrj said:
Hawkalypse":32zcbrrj said:
Denial ain't just a river in Egypt and yeah it's my default belief. Usually when you sit down to negotiate 'through the night', you usually get something done. I understand JS will not break the bank for this guy but I gotta think this was a leverage move by Melton and his agent.
Eh, you call my view denial. I call yours an inferiority complex.
Win.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I think if discussions were really hot and heavy last night...and he made it out of town...that means he won't be a Seahawk. Obviously the Hawks weren't willing to go where he wants to go financially.

James in PA

Reaction score
HawkFan72":2c67e4q0 said:
I think if discussions were really hot and heavy last night...and he made it out of town...that means he won't be a Seahawk. Obviously the Hawks weren't willing to go where he wants to go financially.
Yeah I'm sure that Jerry Jones is so relieved that Melton made it out of Seattle that he'll be willing to give him just about anything he wants. Would love to have Melton, but not at a cap-crippling price. There's a reason the Cowboys haven't won anything in 20 years. Jerry "the GM" just can't control himself.

James in PA

Reaction score
Elway will probably sign Melton too. Dude is flat-out trying to BUY a championship for Denver (ala Dan Snyder or the Eagles a few years back). Just pathetic.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Will be interesting to see what he gets. Pretty happy to see him leave Seattle without a contract. I think he's a decent enough player, but he reaped the rewards of others' good work at Chicago.

And if he goes to Dallas that probably means Aaron Donald makes it that bit closer to us in the draft. Pipe dream.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Got my fingers crossed he comes back. He'd be an incredible addition to this defense.

HawkMeat

Reaction score
I am surprised the deal didn't get done. Must have decided to check out Dallas before signing. Not sure on Dallas cap space, but I cannot imagine they have much to spend.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Well that sucks. I'm sure Jerry Jones will overpay for the guy.

kobebryant

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":25z4kpat said:
Will be interesting to see what he gets. Pretty happy to see him leave Seattle without a contract. I think he's a decent enough player, but he reaped the rewards of others' good work at Chicago.

And if he goes to Dallas that probably means Aaron Donald makes it that bit closer to us in the draft. Pipe dream.

I always thought the opposite when I watched the Bears play, to me he seemed like the only dude on that dline who was bringing it. Peppers had been sandbagging it for a few seasons, McClellin and Paea dissapointed, Wooten and Idonije were just guys.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
kobebryant":3vo9toqu said:
SomersetHawk":3vo9toqu said:

I always thought the opposite when I watched the Bears play, to me he seemed like the only dude on that dline who was bringing it. Peppers had been sandbagging it for a few seasons, McClellin and Paea dissapointed, Wooten and Idonije were just guys.

You might be right, I've not caught many of their games but can remember two of his sacks coming from at least one guy being double teamed and him getting a free route to the QB. On one occasion Peppers was double teamed and the other linemen took out two guys.

lukerguy

Reaction score
lukerguy":3h1gbe4j said:
Missing_Clink":3h1gbe4j said:
lukerguy":3h1gbe4j said:
There's almost no chance of this happening. He has a visit with the Cowboys after; he's stated all along that he'd like to be in Texas (where he's from). We've also been pretty frugal, so I'm putting a 7% chance on this one.

I don't know, the opportunity to win a ring and hugely raise his value might be really appealing for him.

He's only 27. He's not a dwindling star with one more shot at al SMith or Allen. I don't buy it. There is no way he takes LESS to play in Seattle than his childhood dream of playing for the Dallas Cowboys. The only way we sign him is if Dallas doesn't have enough cap space, but then again, Dallas has a way of finding cap space and overpaying everyone.
Bump.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
lukerguy":31qt9n7e said:
Missing_Clink":31qt9n7e said:
There's almost no chance of this happening. He has a visit with the Cowboys after; he's stated all along that he'd like to be in Texas (where he's from). We've also been pretty frugal, so I'm putting a 7% chance on this one.

I don't know, the opportunity to win a ring and hugely raise his value might be really appealing for him.

He's only 27. He's not a dwindling star with one more shot at al SMith or Allen. I don't buy it. There is no way he takes LESS to play in Seattle than his childhood dream of playing for the Dallas Cowboys. The only way we sign him is if Dallas doesn't have enough cap space, but then again, Dallas has a way of finding cap space and overpaying everyone.
Bump.

Congratulations, you must be extremely proud...

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Dallas is just barely at the cap line after all those cuts they made,I cannot see them getting any big name FA's..Denver is just stupid and they will pay the price for it..

godawg

Reaction score
I've wanted Melton real bad since last season, but I love that this FO will let him walk if they can't afford him. This FO has the kind of discipline that will keep this team in the hunt for many years. Sometimes it hurts, but it's the right thing to do.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
lukerguy":32gxvdc8 said:
Bump.[/quote]

IncarceratedLukerguy

OP
OP
D

DeathbyTalons

Reaction score
HawkFan72":21esj099 said:
Yep, this unfortunately.

OP
OP
D

DeathbyTalons

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":3ndweiyx said:
volsunghawk":3ndweiyx said:
Hawkalypse":3ndweiyx said:
Denial ain't just a river in Egypt and yeah it's my default belief. Usually when you sit down to negotiate 'through the night', you usually get something done. I understand JS will not break the bank for this guy but I gotta think this was a leverage move by Melton and his agent.
Eh, you call my view denial. I call yours an inferiority complex.
Win.
Lol, ok DB.

Seaswab

Reaction score
So far this being the top destination for free agents hasn't led anyone to take less to come here yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts