Hey .NET, you're gonna want to watch buildthetip.com

HansGruber

Reaction score
GREAT idea. Forget these wimps. I love the nasty attitude of these Seahawks. Bout time they started bringing the swagger. #12 been doing it alone for 38 years.

We got bullets too!!!

lsheldon

Reaction score
I'm on the fence about having a statue built to commemorate the tip so soon after the event. New Orleans waited much longer after the event to build the Gleason statue. Gleason blocked the punt the Saint's statue commemorates in 2006 and the statue was dedicated in 2012. There are parallels to what Sherman did for the Hawks and what Gleason did for the Saints. I just think it's too soon after the fact.

Nfl a gleason statue mb 600

“It is our belief, as an organization, that a singular moment in time helped to change the fortunes for the Saints for the better,” said Saints’ Executive Vice President/General Manager Mickey Loomis. “The blocked punt is a moment that those Saints fans, in attendance that night and watching the game across the world, will never forget. Steve’s career achievements encapsulate that moment and he has often spoken about the magical moment and how he was thrilled because it was a shared time with his teammates and with the fans of the Saints. Everyone who passes by this statue can take a moment to remember that night and what it symbolizes. It is ours to share and a tribute to Steve and all the players that have proudly worn a Saints uniform.”

http://www.neworleanssaints.com/news-an ... ff1b26a2a0

chris98251

Reaction score
I think the timing is fine, it can celebrate an achievement and in Seattle you have to make hay while the sun shines before they change their mind.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
HansGruber":s0zs677r said:
GREAT idea. Forget these wimps. I love the nasty attitude of these Seahawks. Bout time they started bringing the swagger. #12 been doing it alone for 38 years.

We got bullets too!!!
Agreed, and Seattle has just begun it's run!

jlwaters1

Reaction score
ZorntoLargent":23qzpg0p said:
themunn":23qzpg0p said:
As awesome as the moment was and I agree that immortalising it would be cool - I'm not keen on that kind of thing being done while Sherman is still playing

If (fair enough... he won't) caught back to back game winning TDs against Sherman in the 2015 and 2016 NFCCGs it would look like the biggest blunder ever. Wait until he retires and put the statue up - who knows, there might be an even better moment worth immortalising...
There will never be another tip. It sent us on to win our FIRST SB. There will never be another first SB win.
That moment alone should be singled out as THE play that turned the corner in this franchise.
No moment will ever be better even if we win 3 more in a row. Can't replicate it.
The "tip " is entirely irrelevant without the " catch " by smith, why is that part of the play is always ignored?

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
pmedic920":2h0692kg said:
Yep. And I'm so happy I was there.
What a game to pick as my first at C-link.
After almost 40yrs that was my favorite SeaHawk moment, up to that point.

I sit in the corner where it happened and I have only missed 2 games since the place opened. Now I have seen some amazing things happen in that corner. The Jennings strip of Terry Glenn (which ended in a safety that eventually gave the Hawks the lead on the 2006 Wildcard) Baldwin making numerous circus catches for a TD, Lynch running right at us and tumbling into the end zone for Beast Quake and the run in the NFCC, but none of them will ever beat the tip.

I swear the guy behind me called it before they were even on the line. As soon as Davis caught the ball on the 18 he screamed "NOW WE HAVE THE END ZONE, HERE COMES THE PICK" over all the noise while grabbing my shoulders and shaking me back and forth.

From that view there was no way Choketree catches that ball. Not with that coverage. I waited 12 years to see something that big happen. For you to catch it in your first Clink game was SWEET.

Omahawk

Reaction score
I have a feeling the response will be greater than anyone imagined.

AVL

Reaction score
It's way too soon for a monument.

Time to start acting like you've done this before.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
AVL":1fu3vecz said:

While I agree it's too soon, we haven't done this before. Hence the significance of the play

HansGruber

Reaction score
AVL":zhxt8mdl said:

Says the fanbase who put up a billboard 30 mins outside Seattle asking how many Lombardis we have.

Answer: the one Sherman batted out of Crabtree's hands.

MEDIOCRE

kidhawk

Reaction score
I am hearing that there will be an announcement regarding "Buildthetip" on KJR at 4pm today. I can't confirm it, but I'll tune in if I can

kidhawk

Reaction score
Just announced on KJR.....buildthetip.com is planning to (no surprise here) celebrate "the Tip" by rallying the twelves to do a crowd funding project to build a large bronze sculpture capturing the tip.

Will include Sherman and Crabtree and they will have a space next to it for fans to pose with it. They figure Sherman will stand at about 7 feet off the ground.

They will raise $250,000 to build it. $165,000 just for the actual sculpture) Other money goes towards prizes to donors and other costs associated with it.

Any money above and beyond will go to local charities to be decided.

They plan to open up donations at 12:12 Monday July 28, 2014. There is a countdown clock for this at buildthetip.com

chris98251

Reaction score
AVL":36kue4cj said:

I guess The Catch can be demoed with Candlestick then as non relevant.

I'll take the moment since one never knows when they will come again, saying that, when we repeat we can act like we been there before to satisfy your moral behavior issues.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Awesome idea. But one thing: please, please, please say Smith is going to be a part of this statue. The statue should be Sherman and Mediocre jumping, with Smith waiting below for the football, just like it happened. Without Smith, it just wouldn't be the same.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":18pbdk16 said:
Awesome idea. But one thing: please, please, please say Smith is going to be a part of this statue. The statue should be Sherman and Mediocre jumping, with Smith waiting below for the football, just like it happened. Without Smith, it just wouldn't be the same.

I don't believe it will. They were pretty adamant about having it be a two person statue with a space built in for twelves to be able to easily pose with it.