Hey .NET, you're gonna want to watch buildthetip.com

OP
OP
RockHawk

RockHawk

Reaction score
I think Malcolm Smith will be ok with his SuperBowl MVP status as a way to be remembered by Seahawks fans for all time. As alluded to, the idea for pictures would be that the fan can pose as Smith for the picture.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Put me in the camp as it being just too soon.

Few years down the road? maybe. But even then it might be too soon. I am still enjoying it as its fresh in my mind. Dont need something else to help me.

But thats just me.

The Radish

Reaction score
I think Seattle is hungry for some pro sports memory and this is it.

Its been shown dozens of times on all the football networks and talking heads shake their heads talking about it. could it have waited a bit long? Perhaps, but I will make a point to see it my next trip to Seattle after its finished.

And I'll bet you will too. Something to tell our Grandkids about and in my case to share with my Grandkids.

:th2thumbs:

Joey13091

Reaction score
That would be amazing.

Off tipic. Where is the newest rain city redemption?

253hawk

Reaction score
I have no problem with it, although I think it might be better with 'generic' figures instead of Sherman/Crab.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
10, 15, 20 years from now, what difference is it going to make if they built it in 2015 or 2020? Might as well strike for public support while the iron is hot. Pretty confident it's going to hold up as the single most important moment in franchise history -- can't replicate a play that delivered the franchise's first title.

Not sure why any fan would be upset with seeing something like this.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
DavidSeven":2ll1z4fi said:
10, 15, 20 years from now, what difference is it going to make if they built it in 2015 or 2020? Might as well strike for public support while the iron is hot. Pretty confident it's going to hold up as the single most important moment in franchise history -- can't replicate a play that delivered the franchise's first title.

Because there's a fake moral high ground to be had.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Sarlacc83":cenr0t4m said:
DavidSeven":cenr0t4m said:

And besides, I'm sure we can garner the same kind of cash-driven support for such a statue in 15, 20 years when we're going through a rebuilding process. Fans would flock to throw their money down on something their daddy saw once upon a day.

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":2jfpinp7 said:
AVL":2jfpinp7 said:
It's way too soon for a monument.

Time to start acting like you've done this before.

I never got this. I am a fan - short for fanatic. I'm going to act like each time is the first time because that's fun for me. I don't get what fans get by being restrained. That sounds not fun at all.

Joe Paterno

253hawk

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":3900l36o said:
I never got this. I am a fan - short for fanatic. I'm going to act like each time is the first time because that's fun for me. I don't get what fans get by being restrained. That sounds not fun at all.

You will have your fun by SITTING DOWN AND REMAINING QUIET. Ahhh-Oooo. Ahhh-Oooo. Ahhh. Oooo.

917837_292419954216336_1350815503_n.jpg

HansGruber

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":hk4hzpwq said:
AVL":hk4hzpwq said:
It's way too soon for a monument.

Time to start acting like you've done this before.

Totally agree with you. It's a personality thing. Some people believe you should be quiet and humble. Others see that as weakness and timidity.

I'm with you. I like to party and let er rip when I'm at the game. And I think the statue is an awesome idea and will donate to make it happen.

I don't want to wait until I'm an old man. I want to see the 49er fans wincing NOW, and tell them thank you when they try to talk smack.

Brahn

Reaction score
253hawk":2sx55y24 said:
Smelly McUgly":2sx55y24 said:

You will have your fun by SITTING DOWN AND REMAINING QUIET. Ahhh-Oooo. Ahhh-Oooo. Ahhh. Oooo.

917837_292419954216336_1350815503_n.jpg

Yet we are only so loud because we pump in noise. Niners fans should be ashamed your team even prints those.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":dpysbdjj said:
DavidSeven":dpysbdjj said:

Nicely put!

Oh, and by the way, my fake moral high ground is way higher than yours! In fact, now that I think about it, you must be evil for having a fake moral high ground that is so obviously way lower than mine.

Oops, I accidentally let my political indoctrination stimulus-response training creep into a board post. Sorry. I promise it won't EVER happen again. At least not for another 24 hours.

Riley12

Reaction score
Why is this campaign floundering?

It hasn't even achieved 10% of the needed $ yet.

jdblack

Reaction score
1. The name is too similar to just the tip (NSFW). I would feel weird wearing or displaying any of the rewards.
2. No clarity or guarantees yet on where the statue is going.

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
Riley12":3jv5552z said:
Why is this campaign floundering?

The top three reasons I can devise:

1) There is no real model to be seen or even a working schematic of the sculpture (what's briefly shown in the video cannot really be considered a mock-up).
2) There is no set location for the sculpture.
3) There is still time left.

A lot of good intentions, but little is (literally) set in stone. Most publicly-funded works asking for a direct quarter-million at least have an initial investment locked in, a relative site confirmation prior to launch, and a CG model. Additionally, much of the video is an appeal to emotion and only offers the promise of substance. As long as the basic look is not locked-in, output and quality control will be in the back of people's minds. And I suppose that there's something to be said for the fact that this is not an official team-backed enterprise. For one, could the statue even legally display Seahawks-related indicia?

bigskydoc

Reaction score
I think a huge barrier is the fact that they made it a flexible funding campaign meaning that they keep the donations even if they don't meet their goal of $250,000.

I, for one, am hesitant to put a big chunk of change at risk for a campaign that may never be fully funded.

If they had gone with a fixed funding model, folks like me would be more likely to jump in at this point since we would get our money back if the project didn't get funded.

I think that they are getting trapped in a vicious cycle now. If they were 80% funded, folks like me would be more likely to take a risk. At 10% funded I don't want to donate more than a token amount.

- bsd

Latest posts