How bad do you miss TATE now

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
There is a bit of selective memory going on with a lot of Seahawks fans regarding Tate and Harvin. First, when we released Tate, no one would have made the argument that we should have released Harvin instead, so that point is moot. Second, even making such a comparison is mental revisionism. We can't just say, "gee, we shouldn't have let Tate go last spring because Harvin turned out to be a bad call this fall." Third, they're two different types of players, so it would never have come down to one or the other of those two anyway. Tate vs. Baldwin was the logical (and quite popular) discussion.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Let's be honest, you're kidding yourself if you don't think losing Tate + 1, 3, 7 and $8M or so in cap for Harvin wasn't incredibly significant. It is what it is, but we rolled the dice and lost there.

Tate is a difference maker in ST, the best YAC receiver in football, a willing and able blocker and a guy who plays every snap. Basically, the model of a Seattle Seahawks receiver.

Yesterday, he caught 10 passes on 13 targets, 153 yards, no Calvin Johnson. The Lions are #15 in pass attempts per game, which makes them precisely average on passing volume. There's no explaining away his production. The dude is a good football player. We'll move on because we have to, but the Lions got a steal.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
DavidSeven":3kwikrqo said:
Let's be honest, you're kidding yourself if you don't think losing Tate + 1, 3, 7 and $8M or so in cap for Harvin wasn't incredibly significant. It is what it is, but we rolled the dice and lost there.

Tate is a difference maker in ST, the best YAC receiver in football, a willing and able blocker and a guy who plays every snap. Basically, the model of a Seattle Seahawks receiver.

Yesterday, he caught 10 passes on 13 targets, 153 yards, no Calvin Johnson. The Lions are #15 in pass attempts per game, which makes them precisely average on passing volume. There's no explaining away his production. The dude is a good football player. We'll move on because we have to, but the Lions got a steal.

pretty much the perfect summary of the whole ordeal...

the FO really got this one wrong. It happens.

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
Miss him? Hardy har har.
I miss Largent. Good and didn't trash talk. When I met Tate he was a _____.
When I met Largent he was humble and gracious.

Largent80

Reaction score
I was pissed when we didn't keep him, now I'm pretty sure the F.O. is regretting it.

Regarding the F.O. They seem to be falling back to earth.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Coulda shoulda woulda with this Tate nonsense...I like who we have and since he left..I could care less about Tate..

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Golden should have never boinked the QB's wife. :stirthepot:

sc85sis

Reaction score
DavidSeven":noj4w4fh said:

Yeah, Seattle's staff turned him into a talented guy who plays well in the NFL instead of just a talented guy who plays.

I don't miss Golden as a receiver and I certainly don't miss some of his antics. I do wish we had his punt returning skills, however.

Moot point--he's gone. Seems he's doing well in Detroit, so good for him.

mikeak

Reaction score
ZorntoLargent":1po3egs8 said:
Miss him? Hardy har har.
I miss Largent. Good and didn't trash talk. When I met Tate he was a _____.
When I met Largent he was humble and gracious.

A player could be an a-hole to me on the street and as long as he produced and was not commuting crimes I couldn't care less. I work with some people that make our company more profitable and better for our customers. I would never ever hang out with them personally but they are vital to our company...

HawkWow

Reaction score
I was one of very few here that didn't want harvin and wanted us to retain Tate (I knew we couldn't have both). Harvin aside, many if not most, preferred ADB to Tate. I didn't....not until I saw the difference in what they expected in pay. That said, I miss Tate...sure, but I don't miss him as much as 2 ADBs. Let's just be happy for Tate (if you want) and be happy we have ADB at significantly less money. In a better world, we'd still have both but.....

And let us not forget. Tate was in his contract year and played like a man possessed last year. Who knows how long his dare-devil punt returns would have kept him away from IR?