How big is tonight’s game for this team

jammerhawk

Reaction score
This game is a big game as it is between the two pre-season favourites to succeed in the division.

The game will go a very long way in determining who wins the division and is a key divisional matchup as each divisional game always is. Winning the division helps critically in post season play as home field and seeding considerations towards a bye weekend come into play. I'm not discounting the 49ers here but the immense rivalry and history between these two teams will cause both teams to be ready tonight.

The Rams have owned the Seahawks the last two seasons in terms of Ws and the home field advantage is something the team wants to protect. To me this is the biggest game of the season for the Hawks and time for the real Seahawks team to show up. A loss doesn't end the season for the Seahawks but is certainly something that changes the story of the season. Is this a potential championship team?

Tonight will tell a story that may not be how the story ends but it is certainly going to be an early picture of who the Seahawks are this season. It is certainly a game the Hawks need to win.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
NOLAHawk":11esjii8 said:
This is the game. I’m one of the bandwagon fans that came into the fold in 2010 at Beastquake. Being an ex offense of lineman I really do appreciate a good physical running game. And that game was or at least that run was amazing.

I think this game is winnable, but There can’t be a punt on the first possession. Let’s see if Ifedi can keep from holding on the first play from scrimmage of the game.The Hawks need to score.

As for the San Francisco think it would be really awesome if Frank Clark was still on the roster. The Richard Sherman / Frank Clark rivalry would be a fun thing to see unfold. There was some back-and-forth commentary last year that was pretty funny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Giphy

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It would be a trip to have a positive week on dot net after a win tonight. Would be so confusing :stirthepot:

sutz

Reaction score
Seymour":uwgr50x9 said:
Humongous!!!

Wasteland 4109
I hear Schneider tried to sign him, but he failed the drug test for PEDs.

:twisted:

hawkfannj

Reaction score
This one is big ! It could be the catalyst to reinstalling the belief system that I feel we have struggled to keep alive the last few years . Definitely not a must win but for the mentality of this team it would be huge

nwHawk

Reaction score
Huge. In my opinion, the winner will win the division this year. Book it.

justafan

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":2s5b44xr said:
Huge game. A real crossroads kind of game.

Seattle needs a signature win to begin establishing the program's direction. Coming into the season, I felt that win was not likely to happen this year -- but more likely next. Fortune has smiled on the team early and Seattle has an opportunity to advance the prospects of the program earlier than that.

Seattle needs to compete and win against a quality opponent. LA is still that, although struggling. Not unexpected of a SB losing team. If LA wins, I think they begin to shake off the hangover and position themselves to compete and likely win the division. If Seattle wins, it's a definite body blow to that team and leaves them asking or answering questions about what's wrong.

Feels like both clubs need some measure of validation. One team will leave the field with it.

Well said

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Biggest game of the year!! The Rams beat New Orleans......we lost to the Saints. Conference leadership is on the line.

Redsand187

Reaction score
chris98251":zebwhui2 said:
Now we have the rain and possible Thunder and Lighting going to happen that is another challenge they need to step up to, Rain has not been our friend this year with slick balls and turnovers. I hope it affects the Rams even more so.
Hopefully, Carson has his cleats figured out this time around. :oops:

knownone

Reaction score
This game means more for than Rams than the Seahawks.

Seattle has a lot of young players who are still learning how to become a championship level team. They are missing Reed, and Ziggy + Clowney should only get better as the season progresses. So as long as they don't get blown out, they have reason for optimism because the team is far from a finished product.

If the Rams lose... Their long term outlook starts becoming a concern. A loss puts them 1.5-2 games back in the division, and they have one of the 5 toughest schedules to close out the season.

Now the media scrutiny becomes even more magnified. How healthy can Gurley stay for a full season? How effective can Goff be with an offensive line that is missing 2 starters from last year, and has struggled to protect him all season long. How can a defense with the highest paid defensive player in the NFL and stars everywhere struggle to stop the run and pass... etc.

This game kind of reminds me of the match up in 2017. Seattle was 8-5 and the Rams were 9-4. Seattle had issues going into that game, and got their doors blown off so bad it derailed the remainder of their season. The Rams issues aren't as deep as Seattle's were back then, but the situation surrounding them feels similar. If Seattle had kept that game close or won, the Rams might not have emerged as the king of the NFC West, and the Hawks almost certainly make the playoffs and likely win the division. That loss was a psychological body blow that showed we were no longer a legitimate title contender. Anything short of a win / close loss for the Rams tonight could have a similar impact at a critical time in their season.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Its very important.
But if we lose, it's not the end of the world.

TreeRon

Reaction score
It's only huge if the Hawks don't lay an egg in one of the following games that they SHOULD win.

getnasty

Reaction score
I think the biggest thing is we can't get blown out like two years ago. That to me would be bad.