How did we lose so many players but no cap relief?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
Aren't you beating a dead horse on this? We know your feelings on the subject at this point and almost everyone disagrees with you. Let it go.

OP
OP
Tokadub

Tokadub

Reaction score
jlwaters1":2fjxe12u said:
Tokadub":2fjxe12u said:
jlwaters1":2fjxe12u said:
You seem to be misinformed on every level. Clemmons would have cost more than Bennett. we w

Umm... Bennett cost us 10 million, Clemons signed a 4 year deal for 18 million... that's 4 million a year... otherwise known as less than half of what we are paying Bennett next year.
Clemmons was set to make 9 million before the release, he's wasn't worth that kind of money. furthermore you keep mentioning 10 million, that's irrelevant unless that's his cap figure. I believe his cap hit is 6-7 million, whereas Clemmons would have been 7 million, hence my comment about Clemmons costing more. Bennett was by far the more impactful player. trust in the depth of this team, everything will be fine.

Yeah we should of restructured or cut Clemons and then resigned him. We could have easily done that and retained Tate for the price of Bennett in 2014.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Tokadub":yedzf9r4 said:
Clemons makes Bennett look like a pile of poo if you want to compare their careers. Heck even Tate (he's young) has had 2 year that were WAY more valuable than Bennett's only 2 decent seasons.

Literally Bennett is on the decline of his career about to turn 28 and he's only had 2 decent seasons, one of them when he's playing the dynamite boy in an all time great defense... how is anyone impressed he's standing right in the middle of an all time great defense???

Still nobody has answered me how is it that we lost like 10 guys and the only guy we retained is Michael Bennett? I just think this was a huge mistake and next year will prove it when Harvin get's hurt (we need Tate) and Bennett is over rated (it would be better to have Clemons or Jared Allen).

You still haven't acknowledged that you misunderstood how signing bonuses factor against the cap.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Somebody got off his anti-psychotic meds today? Holy emo posting.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Tokadub":3onmv1vb said:
Clemons makes Bennett look like a pile of poo if you want to compare their careers. Heck even Tate (he's young) has had 2 years that were WAY more valuable than Bennett's only 2 decent seasons.

Literally Bennett is on the decline of his career about to turn 28 and he's only had 2 decent seasons, one of them when he's playing the dynamite boy in an all time great defense... how is anyone impressed he's standing right in the middle of an all time great defense???

Still nobody has answered me how is it that we lost like 10 guys and the only guy we retained is Michael Bennett? I just think this was a huge mistake and next year will prove it when Harvin get's hurt (we need Tate) and Bennett is over rated (it would be better to have Clemons or Jared Allen).

Re-signed: DE Michael Bennett; QB Tarvaris Jackson; DT Tony McDaniel; LB Mike Morgan; TE Anthony McCoy; C Lemuel Jeanpierre; S Jeron Johnson; K Steven Hauschka.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
Tokadub":2vyp1q11 said:
jlwaters1":2vyp1q11 said:
Tokadub":2vyp1q11 said:
jlwaters1":2vyp1q11 said:
You seem to be misinformed on every level. Clemmons would have cost more than Bennett. we w

Umm... Bennett cost us 10 million, Clemons signed a 4 year deal for 18 million... that's 4 million a year... otherwise known as less than half of what we are paying Bennett next year.
Clemmons was set to make 9 million before the release, he's wasn't worth that kind of money. furthermore you keep mentioning 10 million, that's irrelevant unless that's his cap figure. I believe his cap hit is 6-7 million, whereas Clemmons would have been 7 million, hence my comment about Clemmons costing more. Bennett was by far the more impactful player. trust in the depth of this team, everything will be fine.

Yeah we should of restructured or cut Clemons and then resigned him. We could have easily done that and retained Tate for the price of Bennett in 2014.

You can't restructure a player without their cooperation. Clemon's had 3.5 sacks. It is possible the front office decided to move on without him.

jblaze

Reaction score
Tokadub":1qe04ixh said:
Clemons makes Bennett look like a pile of poo if you want to compare their careers. Heck even Tate (he's young) has had 2 years that were WAY more valuable than Bennett's only 2 decent seasons.

I've more than adequately answered your questions in my responses, read them.

Clemons is the one in decline coming off a major knee surgery. His cap hit was way too hit and he was always going to be cut, it's not a performance thing, it's a money thing. Most contracts are built knowing you're never going to complete them.

I'm starting to think this guy is a troll, no one can be this stupid and oblivious.

OP
OP
Tokadub

Tokadub

Reaction score
Can anyone give me proof that we couldn't have got Tate and Clemons in exhange for Bennett's retardedly huge 10 million dollar deal? I'm pretty sure Tate would have signed for 5 mill if we gave it before he hit the market, and if we let Bennett walk we could of retained EITHER Clemons OR Jared Allen. We would be a MUCH better team, I'm telling you guys Bennett is super overrated he's gonna be a piece of dino poo next season and I'm gonna LOL.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Tokadub":1mwh11ru said:
Can anyone give me proof that we couldn't have got Tate and Clemons in exhange for Bennett's retardedly huge 10 million dollar deal? I'm pretty sure Tate would have signed for 5 mill if we gave it before he hit the market, and if we let Bennett walk we could of retained EITHER Clemons OR Jared Allen. We would be a MUCH better team, I'm telling you guys Bennett is super overrated he's gonna be a piece of dino poo next season and I'm gonna LOL.

:34853_doh: IT'S NOT 10 MILLION AGAINST THE CAP. IT'S NOT 10 MILLION AGAINST THE CAP.IT'S NOT 10 MILLION AGAINST THE CAP.IT'S NOT 10 MILLION AGAINST THE CAP.IT'S NOT 10 MILLION AGAINST THE CAP.IT'S NOT 10 MILLION AGAINST THE CAP.IT'S NOT 10 MILLION AGAINST THE CAP.IT'S NOT 10 MILLION AGAINST THE CAP.IT'S NOT 10 MILLION AGAINST THE CAP.IT'S NOT 10 MILLION AGAINST THE CAP.IT'S NOT 10 MILLION AGAINST THE CAP.IT'S NOT 10 MILLION AGAINST THE CAP.IT'S NOT 10 MILLION AGAINST THE CAP.IT'S NOT 10 MILLION AGAINST THE CAP.IT'S NOT 10 MILLION AGAINST THE CAP.IT'S NOT 10 MILLION AGAINST THE CAP.IT'S NOT 10 MILLION AGAINST THE CAP.IT'S NOT 10 MILLION AGAINST THE CAP.IT'S NOT 10 MILLION AGAINST THE CAP.IT'S NOT 10 MILLION AGAINST THE CAP.IT'S NOT 10 MILLION AGAINST THE CAP.IT'S NOT 10 MILLION AGAINST THE CAP.IT'S NOT 10 MILLION AGAINST THE CAP.IT'S NOT 10 MILLION AGAINST THE CAP.IT'S NOT 10 MILLION AGAINST THE CAP.IT'S NOT 10 MILLION AGAINST THE CAP.IT'S NOT 10 MILLION AGAINST THE CAP.

HawkinNY

Reaction score
You're right our front office is sooooooo stupid. Why should we even watch this year. We lost 10 players and only gained 1. I guess the other FA we signed mean nothing cause their names are not big ones. Bennett's contract is pathetic and Seattle should be embarrassed. Oh and maybe we should let John go and hire Ruskell back. Really dude its going to be fine.

Largent80

Reaction score
If I am not mistaken, Clem wasn't setting the world on fire before coming here. In fact Red was languishing at tackle for several years before Pete found a niche for him.

Bennetts best may still be on the way.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
You also are inaccurate in starting we lost 10 and only retained (signed 1), we not only got Bennett we resigned McDaniel for 2 years, basically only 1 starter on dl missing , got houschka and Tjack back along with Anthony McCoy . There have been alot more stuff going on than you give credit for.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
Tokadub":21rh5kf1 said:

You are just flat out wrong.

But let's pretend we didn't sign Bennett and we re-signed all those guys we lost.

Tate - $6m
Mcdonald - $4m
Browner - $6m
Giacomini - $4.5m
Thurmond - $3.5m
Maragos - $1.3m
Mcquistan - $1.4m
Clemons would have reduced our cap space by $7.5m over where it is now.
Bryant would have reduced our cap space by $5m over where it is now.

So if we were to have retained all of these guys it would have cost us $39+ million. Where do you think that money comes from? Cutting other players on the team now while also reducing the potential rollover cap space for re-signing the IMPORTANT guys like Thomas, Wilson, etc.

Bennett and Mcdaniel are both quality re-signs by our FO. I'm extremely happy with what they've done.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Tokadub":1utgoqsd said:

Thank gawd I'm not the only one who has figured out that our soopah bow winning staff is a bunch of idiots.

Toke a doob is a 2/2/14 truther, y'all. Listen and learn.

drdiags

Reaction score
Nice troll. You are not looking for anything other than a chance to vent. How can anyone prove something the Front Office chose not to pursue. I thought there was a big issue with using the "R-word"? Maybe that request has relaxed but maybe not?

If the OP is not interested in really understanding the cap and the actual cap hit of players, I doubt he/she is really interested in an honest discussion.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Tokadub":gtooqqeb said:

Clemons didn't do anything until he came to Seattle in a newly created LEO role and isactually on the decline. Bennett had his two best seasons the past two years. Look up his season in TB before us. You are full of it by saying he is on the decline. There is no way this is serious.

We have answered you. We are saving money to keep Sherm, Earl, and RW. We don't need Tate. He is a #2 WR who got more money from Detroit than we were going to offer for what we do on offense. Harvin will be electric in our offense next year. Stop saying shit like Harvin will get hurt, he chose to get hip surgery for the future and it flared up against Minnesota. Red barely saw the field. I don't know who else you are seriously that upset about that we lost. Sustaining a contender means losing players who do well in your system and get more money elsewhere while filling their spots with good young guys. The pats have been doing it since 2002.

Did you want to throw 10 mil a year at 34 year old Jared Allen? He would have been nice to have but at much less than what he wanted. And you keep saying Clemons vs Bennett, but I don't think you understand how they play different positions. If our off season went the way you apparently want, resigning everyone but Bennett, we would be over the cap and in terrible spot to resign the big 3 next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts